Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yeah, I got the same results. It looks like the beacon needs the device to unsuspend before it will start working. I'll look into it.
    actually- it didn't have to unsuspend , it just had to wait the reminder interval time-
    i.e. -I never unsuspended it- I just waited out the 2 minute reminder time, and it would start the beacon blinking and then wake the screen.

Thanks

Mark
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    actually- it didn't have to unsuspend , it just had to wait the reminder interval time-
    i.e. -I never unsuspended it- I just waited out the 2 minute reminder time, and it would start the beacon blinking and then wake the screen.

Thanks

Mark
    Yeah, at the 2 minute mark the reminder script gets kicked off and unsuspends the device temporarily. I'm looking into how much I have to kick the device to get the beacon going from the initial notification.
    Is there any new functionality that benefits the 800w, or is this strictly an update for the Pro? (in other words, is there any compelling reason for 800w users to update to this one?)
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I have to kick the device
    Hey now,
    I know it's frustrating- but there really is no need for violence!!!!
    Last edited by marksr; 03/22/2009 at 11:05 AM. Reason: syntax
  5.    #25  
    You can download it from post #1

Changes:
    - email alerts now turn on the beacon from the initial alert. TA had to wake up the phone when an email alert came in to do this.

- The reminder script no longer has to wake up the display at each 2 minute interval. TA turns on the wav1: driver in low power state when in unattended mode to do this. This is a big battery saver.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    Is there any new functionality that benefits the 800w, or is this strictly an update for the Pro? (in other words, is there any compelling reason for 800w users to update to this one?)
    Nothing new for the 800w in beta 1 or 2. Trying to get feature parity on the Pro before adding more goodies.

Changes:
    - email alerts now turn on the beacon from the initial alert. TA had to wake up the phone when an email alert came in to do this.

- The reminder script no longer has to wake up the display at each 2 minute interval. TA turns on the wav1: driver in low power state when in unattended mode to do this. This is a big battery saver.
    Love it. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

Changes:

Will download it now- thanks again Hannip- you da man!!!!
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Perfect!!!!!
  10.    #30  
    Get it from post #1

Changes:
    - I was getting inconsistent voice notification on the 2 minute reminders. I made another tweak to turn on the wav1 driver in low power mode when in the resuming power state. This has help so far on my device.

- There were cases when the display shut off prior to the beacon starting. I corrected that.
    Get it from post #1

Changes:
    - I was getting inconsistent voice notification on the 2 minute reminders. I made another tweak to turn on the wav1 driver in low power mode when in the resuming power state. This has help so far on my device.

- There were cases when the display shut off prior to the beacon starting. I corrected that.
    Classic hannip to offer multiple revisions in the same day!
  12.    #32  
    How about one more.

Ok, this is the last one for today guys. I'll be putting my efforts in porting the 800w Palm Threaded SMS after this. Unless someone finds some major bugs I probably won't have another TA release for a week or so.

Changes in beta 4
    - Added some more power saving features. TA now suspends the device immediately after getting the beacon going for emails and missed calls or any time TA needs to wake up the screen to get the beacon started.
    I didn't like having it wait for the backlight/suspend timeout wasting the battery.
    Note that if S&N wakes the device then TA won't mess with it since it doesn't know who woke it up.

I've been testing the reminder alerts for several hours without any hiccups. Looking very stable now. It's nice that it no longer has to turn on the display for reminders. That was driving me nuts.

One thing I did notice and it's not a TA issue is that some notifications seem to get dismissed by the OS implicitly. I'm not sure exactly how this happens yet. Dunno if it's an OS feature or a "feature". I've noticed it with Email and SMS notifications. Seems like if you wake up the phone, leave the notification active and then suspend the phone, then wake it up again sometimes the notification is gone. Anyone else notice this?
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    How about one more.

One thing I did notice and it's not a TA issue is that some notifications seem to get dismissed by the OS implicitly. I'm not sure exactly how this happens yet. Dunno if it's an OS feature or a "feature". I've noticed it with Email and SMS notifications. Seems like if you wake up the phone, leave the notification active and then suspend the phone, then wake it up again sometimes the notification is gone. Anyone else notice this?
    yeah- I did notice that once, but not regularly-

Thanks for your busy Sunday-
    going to install beta 4 now-

Mark
    B4 seems to be working flawlessly.

Thanks hannip.
    First...thank you for all you efforts for Treo Alert, its a VERY useful addition. I am coming from the Centro and use Butler to alert me of a missed call, sms, email, etc. It boggles my mind that there is nothing like that out of the box for emails.

Is LED support a top priority for TA? and if so, can you estimate when it might be incorporated into TA? I honestly think I am going to return it just because I am sick of turning my phone on every time I want to see if I missed an email.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Jeff
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff248 View Post
    First...thank you for all you efforts for Treo Alert, its a VERY useful addition. I am coming from the Centro and use Butler to alert me of a missed call, sms, email, etc. It boggles my mind that there is nothing like that out of the box for emails.

Is LED support a top priority for TA? and if so, can you estimate when it might be incorporated into TA? I honestly think I am going to return it just because I am sick of turning my phone on every time I want to see if I missed an email.

Jeff
    LED support is something I really would like to get working on the TP. Palm however seems to be taunting us with each new device they come out with. On the Pro they didn't even bother to implement the standard NLED api. So getting it to work requires some extra special skills. If our resident LED expert "zbop" gets the Pro it will greatly increase the odds that it will get done.

Jeff
    This version will illuminate the Palm dpad "beacon" when new alerts arrive. It only blinks at one rate and one color but it does let you know if the device has new messages.

Considering the small and recessed LED on the Pro I believe beacon support is even better.
    Hannip,

Thank you for the response as well as the development of TA.

As far as the beacon goes, it is totally worthless unless you are in a pitch dark room! If the LED could be turned to a solid color one could see a missed message without a problem.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Hannip,

As far as the beacon goes, it is totally worthless unless you are in a pitch dark room!
    Jeff-
    Unless you have plans to reimburse Hannip for his countless hours of work on this project, perhaps you should choose your words a little more wisely.

Just a little friendly criticism...

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    Jeff-
    Unless you have plans to reimburse Hannip for his countless hours of work on this project, perhaps you should choose your words a little more wisely.

Just a little friendly criticism...

Mark
    What are you talking about? Please check my posts where I write "First...thank you for all you efforts for Treo Alert, its a VERY useful addition" and "Thanks again for all your hard work" and "Thank you for the response as well as the development of TA"

Why would Hannip be offended by me criticizing Palms structural flaw? He didn't design it! All I said was that the beacon is useless unless you are in a totally dark room. Does anyone disagree with that? I guess you could constantly cup your hand over the beacon to see if its flashing, and then look through your cupped hand at the beacon.

If my thoughts didn't translate to my post as they were intended to then I apologize if anyone was offended.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast