Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkStranger2009 View Post
    I enabled xcast weather by enterring my zipcode, now where the hell do i see the weather??
    Go to the Display Settings Menu, cursor down to Xcast Weather, press the Palm button, then select Vcast Weather and add it to the display rotation.
    Just installed this on my new Treo Pro. Love it!

The font's a bit small for my eyes - is there any way to make the font bigger? Say 12pt instead of the 10pt it looks like it's at right now?

EDIT: Oops someone's already answered: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Today/Items/Treo Alert.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Is there any program like this GREAT treo alert for the TOUCH PRO 2??
    must be a 6.5 thing I had the same prob with TA 9b10 after upgrading my TP this cab fixed the issue. LED doesn't work either but no biggie.

THANKS HANNIP!

Quote Originally Posted by pete338 View Post
    Thanks alot hannip...It works.
    Appreciate your effort. Have a Great Weekend!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I think I asked this before but is there a program that does what treo alert does for the touch pro 2?
    Can I ask for some additional features?

When TAP is installed on a STP, the display rotation option completely removes the default carrier's (Sprint's) display.

Is there a way to have the carrier's display as a valid option for the rotation? It's very informative when roaming is factored in.

Also, is it possible to add Clock Alarms to the reminder repeat functionality? The default WinMo 6.1 alarm clock reminders really stink - one or two alerts then silence.

Otherwise, a great app and thank you for it!
    Hi.

I have been a very happy user of Treo Pro Alert on my Treo 800w for over a year. I just installed Flexmail 4.1 and now when I get a phone call the phone only vibrates but stopped playing the ring tones. ??
    I looked through these forums and see that you had a Flexmail problem in April that you fixed. I was running version 8.2. So I just downloaded and installed version 9.0 Beta 10. But that is still a problem.

1. There is no ring tone when the phone rings and
    2. Can TAP do its thing and tell me EMAIL PENDING when emails are received by Flexmail?

Thanks so much.
    eli@pds-ltd.com
    Ok. I got the ring tone back and Treo Alert Pro's vibrate. I played around with settings and it finally came back.

The phone also tells me EMAIL PENDING and vibrates when a new email comes in. And TAP tells me how many emails I have in the today screen. YAY!

Does anyone know how I can make Flexmail and Treo Alert notify me with the EMAIL PENDING and vibrate WITHOUT Flexmail's on screen alert message? I don't like the on screen message as it can be disturbing while typing something else. But if I tell Flexmail not to notify me on screen then it does not notify me with the EMAIL PENDING nor vibrate either.

Thanks.
    Is is possible to run this without a today plugin? Like several other posters before me I am really smarting without my Treo Alert on my new Touch Pro 2 running WM6.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo View Post
    Is is possible to run this without a today plugin? Like several other posters before me I am really smarting without my Treo Alert on my new Touch Pro 2 running WM6.5.
    Yes - in the "Display Settings Menu" select "Leave My Carrier Display Alone". You will get no Today plugin once you also disable Xcast Weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by dinoSnake View Post
    Yes - in the "Display Settings Menu" select "Leave My Carrier Display Alone". You will get no Today plugin once you also disable Xcast Weather.
    Thanks!
    I am soooo happy to have my TA back!
    I recently switched back to the native messaging from the threaded 800w messaging and Treo alerts is not alerting a MMS. Is there something I am not doing right? It notifys for an SMS but not an MMS with the native WM messaging..
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
    I've also noticed something interesting with WeatherBug - I do not get the vibe & sound alerts for severe weather announcements. Does anyone else have this problem with WeatherBug when used in combination with Treo Alert Pro?
    Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo View Post
    Thanks!
    I am soooo happy to have my TA back!
    I'm having problems here, but I realize I'm not likely to get much sympathy from the (Treo-loving) group here. Using my TP2 I am having inconsistent alerts. It seems like the TP2 goes into a deeper sleep than my TP does - it seems like it is just forgetting to pay attention to pending alerts. Sometimes it'll belt out an "Email Pending" as soon as I turn on the power, or it will vibrate and not announce. After a time it will simply stop alerting altogether. Is anyone else using TA on a TP2 with success?
    I have installed the latest TA on my 700wx wm6.xx and was having a problem with my alarm clock. The alarm notification box pops up showing the alarm, the phone vibrates, the led flickers... but there is no sound for it. I have TA set to led,vibrate,reminders. I was wondering if TA can be used to control the alarm clock.. if so I don't see which event it is under the configuration to change the options.

Also, semi unrelated question... After installation of this, I now get sounds occasionally when I am using some of the menu buttons and or soft keys. I have screen sounds and button sounds disabled under the sounds/notifications settings... They aren't making the same sound as they would normally would which leads me to believe TA settings may have over ridden something??

Any help is appreciated... Great product by the way!
    Hi Hannip,

First of all thanks a lot for making this beautiful app.
    I have been using it for quite some time and it work great.
    Until recently, that is.
    Without any obvious reason, the LED doesn't listen to TAP anymore.
    The LED works fine when I charge my phone, but I get no notifications from TAP anymore. I tried uninstalling, soft resetting and re-installing, but that didn't work. I tried updating TAP to the latest version, but that also didn't work. I suppose I could try a hard reset, but it is sooo much work to re-install everything.

Do you have any suggestions? Are there perhaps registry settings I can check, or something like that?

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Edo
    Quote Originally Posted by loenen View Post
    Hi Hannip,

First of all thanks a lot for making this beautiful app.
    I have been using it for quite some time and it work great.
    Until recently, that is.
    Without any obvious reason, the LED doesn't listen to TAP anymore.
    The LED works fine when I charge my phone, but I get no notifications from TAP anymore. I tried uninstalling, soft resetting and re-installing, but that didn't work. I tried updating TAP to the latest version, but that also didn't work. I suppose I could try a hard reset, but it is sooo much work to re-install everything.

Do you have any suggestions? Are there perhaps registry settings I can check, or something like that?

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Edo
    Are you running a WM 6.5.1 ROM by any chance? If so, I've found that my LED alerts don't work with that either. It seems to work with 6.5, though; at least in my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    Are you running a WM 6.5.1 ROM by any chance? If so, I've found that my LED alerts don't work with that either. It seems to work with 6.5, though; at least in my experience.
    Nope, using the original 6.1....

Any other ideas?
    Thanks for this app. First started using on my 800w, now on my Pro.
    great work on this app! xcast is finally working for me
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter