Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by reidler View Post
    Thanks. How do I do iirc ? What is it? How does it work? How do I make it work? I know that while typing notes I can insert a voice message but I'd like to be able to record a lecture. The voice can only be used with the phone next to my ear.
    Thanks for your help.
    i am unsure if the TP's mic can get the audio you want without putting the device close to the lecturer. you can take a look at audio programs (i.e. resco audio) but the problem would be picking up the sound so your device can record it. may be a standalone voice recorder would be a better option?
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    curious, Today my XCast stopped updating.
    My WeatherPanel also stopped working. However, Skype email Skyfire are all working fine. Is anyone else seeing problems with XCast?

OrionNE
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post
    My WeatherPanel also stopped working. However, Skype email Skyfire are all working fine. Is anyone else seeing problems with XCast?

OrionNE
    Yup! weather.com seems to have changed their scripts a bit.

It now throws an error when Xcast is requesting data; "Missing XOAP 'link' parameter in request."

http://xoap.weather.com/weather/loca...hbhf=24&unit=m

EDIT:
    Seems you need to be a "partner" to pull data from xoap.weather.com. These are the conditions for pulling for "free": https://registration.weather.com/com...la/xmloap.html

Basically: Don't update more than once every 25 mins, Only ONE location, You must display their logo to the end user and link to them. And a bunch of other stuff...
    Last edited by frause; 07/07/2009 at 01:04 PM.

OrionNE
    Yep- drove myself nuts about this and came here specifically to see if anything was up.

One thing to note is that weatherpanel will continue to try and update if you elected for auto updates and will kill your battery. Turn off auto update if you run weatherpanel.

In the past this issue has resolved itself within a few hours- in regards to WP at least.

Ill wait for Hannips take.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  5.    #265  
    yep, weather.com has changed their urls to now require a partner and key parameters along with a few others. They want you to display some required links and their logo. I've registered with them and tried out the changes and it works, but their rules now state specifically,

"YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICE TO CREATE WEATHER AND WEATHER-RELATED PRODUCTS TO BE DISPLAYED ON HANDHELD OR OTHER WIRELESS DEVICES."

So that pretty much means Xcast is a no-no.

If anyone knows of another weather service that provides free xml requests I'll look into changing Xcast using it.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    hi here are some suggestions
    accuweather.com, nws.noaa.gov, wunderground.com, weather.yahoo.com, weather.cnn.com,
    similar issue with wp which is being discussed over at ppcgeeks...info is from there
    at present using pocket forecast intergrated with s2u2
  7.    #267  
    htc home weather plugin uses a custom feed from accuweather. Maybe I can use that...

Example:
    http://htc.accuweather.com/widget/ht...|NY|NEW%20YORK

Edit: hmm, seems like they only cover major cities.
    Last edited by hannip; 07/08/2009 at 04:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    htc home weather plugin uses a custom feed from accuweather. Maybe I can use that...

Example:
    http://htc.accuweather.com/widget/ht...|NY|NEW%20YORK

Edit: hmm, seems like they only cover major cities.
    If it is similar to the one found on the Htc touch pro, then there is a cab file on PPC geeks that allows you to enter all the locations (cities and towns) that you would want, not just the major ones.
  9.    #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    If it is similar to the one found on the Htc touch pro, then there is a cab file on PPC geeks that allows you to enter all the locations (cities and towns) that you would want, not just the major ones.
    Yeah, I saw that. What I want is a feed that works off a zipcode. I see accuweather has an rss feed based on zipcode. Still looking.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I love the LED function everytime there's a new email or SMS!
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
    Is there a fix for XCast as of yet?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fisher View Post
    Is there a fix for XCast as of yet?
    I was wondering that too?

OrionNE
    Hi,
    Yes, mine stopped updating too. I tried reinstalling Treo Alert Pro thinking it was the program but still no luck!
    Never mind, the feed starts with "Forecast for 12345..." and is too long for the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    If anyone knows of another weather service that provides free xml requests I'll look into changing Xcast using it.
    wiki.wunderground.com/index.php/API_-_XML

Can be queried by ZIP but may be required to inlude a logo. Might be able to just show an icon at the end of the weather data.

api.wunderground.com/auto/wui/geo/GeoLookupXML/index.xml?query=94107
    Last edited by Kevets; 07/18/2009 at 08:19 AM.
    Hannip, you can also take a look at Yahoo Weather or Google Weather.

Yahoo! Weather - Yahoo! Developer Network
    Android Weather Forecast - Google Weather API - Description :: anddev.org - Android Development Community | Android Tutorials

Yahoo uses a somewhat awkward XML structure since it's an RSS feed. You are also supposed to credit them. Google may be better, but it's not an *officially* supported API. But with all these sources, the terms, format and availability are always subject to change, so I don't know if I'd let that hold me back.

Since I don't use XCast, I can't speak to weather (sp) they provide the functionality you need.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    bump
  18.    #278  
    Sorry, been on vacation. I'll start looking into the Xcast fix again maybe this weekend.
    Thanks for the plugin. Its exactly what I was looking for. I use this for displaying missed calls, sms and vmails. But I am having some problem reading the count. They are spaced very close to each other. can I increase the space between mc, sm, and vm labels by editing some registry value or mscr files? Also, can I display the name of the current network in the rotation as well?
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
  20.    #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    Thanks for the plugin. Its exactly what I was looking for. I use this for displaying missed calls, sms and vmails. But I am having some problem reading the count. They are spaced very close to each other. can I increase the space between mc, sm, and vm labels by editing some registry value or mscr files? Also, can I display the name of the current network in the rotation as well?
    If you use the Billboard plugin you can increase the font size like the person in this post did.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/1705201-post254.html

I don't have an option to display the network in the rotation yet. I have a number of things I want to add, but my job and life has been keeping me pretty busy lately. When I get some free time I'll look into adding a field where you can enter some text and variables for various things such as network, battery %, free mem %, date, time, etc. so that you can format your own display item.