Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    So you want the switch to work just like going to TA's Alert Settings Menu and selecting DISABLED?
    Exactly. It would be nice if everything could be queued up and start hassling me again if I put the switch back to "deal with it mode".

It would be even nicer if you could intercept the initial alerts that my winmo settings throw so I didn't even get the vibes, etc. when the switch is in "leave me alone" mode.

Honestly, I haven't dorked with the winmo settings enough to know if perhaps what I want is already possible without bothering you about it. I'll go do that later tonight.

Thanks for the fantastic addition to my phone, H.
    One question. Will TreoAlert be available on the Pre? If not, I probably won't get one. (still probably will but it seriously is a good program)
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    One question. Will TreoAlert be available on the Pre? If not, I probably won't get one. (still probably will but it seriously is a good program)
    Treo Alerts is a WM application. While there is nothing saying that a WebOS version can't be developed, it would require starting from scratch on the new platform.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Treo Alerts is a WM application. While there is nothing saying that a WebOS version can't be developed, it would require starting from scratch on the new platform.
    I know. It was hopefully taken as a joke. I'm just going to miss it when I jump to the Pre. Thanks Hannip for a good program.
  5.    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I know. It was hopefully taken as a joke. I'm just going to miss it when I jump to the Pre. Thanks Hannip for a good program.
    np. So if/when I get a pre I'm sure I'll be writing apps for it too, but that may not happen till later this year. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon just yet.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Hannip - when's the final release of 9.0 coming?
  7.    #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    Hannip - when's the final release of 9.0 coming?
    Lately I haven't had any time to work on TA so it might be a while. I'm booked up solid through June 15 so hopefully I will find some time to fix the bug list that has been growing after that. You guys will be the first to know when the next drop becomes available.
    hi hannip thanks for this useful app.

I have a question re: the xcast weather portion of this app.
    I got my code RPXX0017 for Manila, Philippines placed it in the app but all it is showing is

Forecast for RPXX0017...

Here are my Xcast Settings under TAPRO
    Zipcode/Citycode: RPXX0017
    Units: METRIC
    Refresh: 5 MINUTES
    Display: 11a: 75 Cloudy (70% Rain)
    Allow Xcast to Connect: Yes

I am connected to the internet via USB & WMDC [I can browse using pIE]
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    Have you had a chance to look at getting the state name to pop up with the area code on calls not in the address book?
    Quote Originally Posted by talkalot View Post
    Have you had a chance to look at getting the state name to pop up with the area code on calls not in the address book?
    bump
    Are WAVs the only files that can be used for the reminder sound? I browsed to the windows directory where a number of MID files exist but the TreoAlerts reminder browser wouldn't display them. I want to use RingerLoud as my alert.
    I Hannip. A long time ago we discussed the idea of TA being responsible for the initial alert/notification instead of WM. Because WM does not have the sense when not to interrupt. This has become so problematic that I get so mad at the phone if when I'm calling my voice mail and need to enter numbers and then an alert pops up while I'm entering numbers. The numbers go to the wrong place. I then have to figure out how to close the pop up screens so I can continue. Happens tooooo frequently. So I just went in to the System alerts & notifications and told each alert NOT to pop up on the screen. That's good while I'm busy on a call or typing a message. But if I'm not then I would like it to pop up on the screen.

Is there a way I can set this right? Or can TA take it over and do it right?

Thanks. I am not thinking of the PRE because it does not have PHONE AS MODEM, VOICE DIALING, VOICE COMMAND, VIDEO RECORDING, VOICE RECORDING (800w also does not have voice recording). Thanks so much
    Quote Originally Posted by reidler View Post
    VOICE RECORDING (800w also does not have voice recording). Thanks so much
    iirc the default note app in windows mobile can do voice recording.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    I apologize if this has already been asked or if it is a stupid question, but is there a way to increase the size of the Billboard plugin to make it easier on my aging eyes? I love Treo Alert Pro and don't think I would like my phone half as much without it, but it is so tiny on my Today screen. Any help is much appreciated.

EDIT: I think I found it. HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Today/Items/Treo Alert. From there I bumped the font size up from 8 to 10. I might try 12 but 10 is gettin' 'er done for now.
    Last edited by gmay; 06/23/2009 at 06:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnycastro View Post
    iirc the default note app in windows mobile can do voice recording.
    Thanks. How do I do iirc ? What is it? How does it work? How do I make it work? I know that while typing notes I can insert a voice message but I'd like to be able to record a lecture. The voice can only be used with the phone next to my ear.
    Thanks for your help.
    ERROR - UNKNOWN COMMAND.
    When I tap on the TREO ALERT PRO line on the today screen - it opens the menu. If I tap on Bluetooth or on Toggle Bluetooth it opens a big white box saying UNKNOWN COMMAND with a big red X. I reset the Treo 800w a few times but this keeps happening. ???? Thanks.
    Eli
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Hannip:
    For some reason, when my email comes in, even after I dismiss a notification, or read the email, when the next email comes in, it shows the Email = x as a higher number than the total new emails - seems like it doesn't reset it to 0 once the email is read.
    Any way to fix this?
    Great app. Is is free or what? Its worth paying for I have found nothing better and would be happy to donate.
  19. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    What is the difference between Phone Alarm and Treo Alert Pro
    Designed and developed by the treocentral community
    Primary developers:
    slingbox, hannip, codyppc
    Xcast based on code written by g-funkster
    Billboard today plugin written by zbop
    TreoLED written by zbop.

Treo Alert is designed to work on Palm Treo and other Windows Mobile PPC devices.