Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by strongsteve View Post
    is it possible to get a blinking green, blinking red and different speeds?
    Give them an inch and they want a mile.

We had blinking green and blinking red working, but it was causing side effects with charging so we had to take it back out. It would take a significant effort to write a new driver that can do varying blink rates and all colors. Maybe if zbop gets bored and runs out of other projects to work on it might get done, but with the Pre coming out soon I have a feeling his attention will be elsewhere. Of course if there is anyone else in the community that wants to attempt this feat I'd be more than happy to incorporate it into TA.
    I have used one of the TA display banners for a while instead of the carrier display on my STP. Recently I have been going into areas where I roam off Sprint, and am curious what carrier I am using. I attempted to use the TA option to 'Leave my carrier display alone,' but it only displayed Treo Alert 9.0 on the line instead of the original carrier display.

Does anyone know of a small app that displays the current service carrier I am using, or is there something I need to do to TA to display my service carrier again? Thanks!
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by awwcrap View Post
    I have used one of the TA display banners for a while instead of the carrier display on my STP. Recently I have been going into areas where I roam off Sprint, and am curious what carrier I am using. I attempted to use the TA option to 'Leave my carrier display alone,' but it only displayed Treo Alert 9.0 on the line instead of the original carrier display.

Does anyone know of a small app that displays the current service carrier I am using, or is there something I need to do to TA to display my service carrier again? Thanks!
    The "Leave my carrier display alone" option is for your original carrier plugin. You can switch back to the original by going to

Configuration->Display Configuration->Switch Today Plugin

and select "Carrier Plugin".
    aww cool, i missed that. Thanks!
    I was thinking last night and I am not too sure if this is possible but thought I would throw it out there. I know I have seen some people complain that the flash does not LED flash is not quick enough for their liking (I am one of them but deal with it). Anyway, I was thinking that maybe there would be an easy fix to have the LED light stay on all the time and have it blink just the same when an alert comes in. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the blink portion is shorter than the non blink portion. So, if you ever see the LED light off then you know you have an alert. I just didn't know if it was possible to reverse the logic like that. In terms of the program, maybe give the option to turn this functionality on and off. I know, for me, it is not a big deal to have the LED light on all the time. Especially, since the manuals tell you to continually charge the battery. For some, though, I guess it could get annoying. Also, since LEDs typically have a life of around 40-50 thousand hours (over 4 years) I don't see continued usage to be a problem.

These are all just some thoughts and criticism or additional thoughts are welcome. I just thought it could be useful. I am still in the 800w world waiting for the pre but thought this could be a useful addition to some.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Ok, I removed TreoAlert for a day and my (RED LED Light) is now acting like it is suppose to. Not sure what was causeing it to stay on even when not charging but it has somthing to do wit TA.

I miss having TA on my treoPro so I may just re-install it and live with the problem.

OrionNE

*******UPDATE*******

I just re-installed TA beta9 and the stuck red led is back.
    Last edited by OrionNE; 05/15/2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: typo's And Updates
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    It's a side effect that I left in since it tells you that it had charged to 100% and stopped charging and now less than 100%.
    Thanks hannip, that saved me a trip to the Sprint store. I'm afraid others may wonder about this too. If you can leave it green if it's 99% charged or higher that would be fine with me, if that would eliminate the red-green switching back and forth. Not a biggy of course, just my preference so I can quickly take it off the charger without waiting (approx 30 seconds) to see if it turns green. Love your work bro!
    Last edited by mharpen; 05/15/2009 at 02:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Am I the only one with the stuck RED LED problem. Wonder what is screwed up on my TreoPro.
    No problems here with a stuck LED. Using the default settigs of TA Pro.
    Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    Hello,

First off thanks for taking the time to program this nifty add-on. I'm sure this is user error, but for some reason I can't get it to remind me of a missed VM, SMS, etc. I get the initial vibrate when I receive the VM or SMS - but thats it.

I have TA set to "LED & REMINDER & VIBE" and I have it set to remind me every 1 minute. The light flashes and the count on the today screen accounts for it, but I don't get reminded...
  11.    #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity3 View Post
    Hello,

First off thanks for taking the time to program this nifty add-on. I'm sure this is user error, but for some reason I can't get it to remind me of a missed VM, SMS, etc. I get the initial vibrate when I receive the VM or SMS - but thats it.

I have TA set to "LED & REMINDER & VIBE" and I have it set to remind me every 1 minute. The light flashes and the count on the today screen accounts for it, but I don't get reminded...
    did you happen to install an old version of the program before the one in this thread? It sounds like it doesn't know your device is a treo pro.

Use a registry editor and check the value under:
    HKLM\Software\Mort's Mortscript\device

It should be "Treo Pro" or "Sprint Treo Pro" depending on which device you have. If it says "Unknown" then you need to change it.
    Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    No old version, as this was the first one I've installed on my Treo Pro. I played around some more and did get it to work, but it appears to possibly be a bug?
    I had set the default vibrate setting to the following

(I) LONG LONG LONG
    (R) LONG LONG LONG

I left all the types of reminder (sms, email, vm, etc) to "default" (shows up blank in list). Doing this I would get the flashing led light, counter on today screen would increase, and I would get the audio "text message pending" alert every minute as a reminder. I would not get the vibrate reminder of LONG LONG LONG.

Once I changed the types of reminder (sms, email, vm, etc) from the blank "default" setting to specific vibrate settings (LONG LONG LONG), then it would vibrate and audibly remind me every minute. So I got it working, but it seems the list of reminders weren't correctly calling out the default vibrate setting I had listed. I hope that made sense.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mccune View Post
    No problems here with a stuck LED. Using the default settigs of TA Pro.
    Does anyone have a copy of Beta8. I would like to go back before the LED Alerts were added and see if there is a change in the stuch RED LED.

Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Ok, I have installed Treo Alert 8.2GM onto my TreoPro and it is working fine. I of course do not have LED alerting but I am also not having any problem with my RED LED staying on.

Hannip, I have been trying to find if I have a conflicting application. I even did a hard reset and re-installed Treo Alert Pro 9.0 Beta9 then installed each of my apps. I thought the problem was gone but a few hours later the stuck RED LED returned.

I don't have any apps installed that use any notifications with the LED's that I can think of. I will list the out here below and see if anyone has any ideas.
    Not sure what porgram could be doing it.

Apps loaded:
    Throttle Lock
    CodyPPC Bat&Performance Hack
    CodyPPC Side Button
    CodyPPC Wireless Plugin Control
    DinarSoft MemMaid
    Ebag RealVGA
    Fantastic Bytes SoftKey Remapper
    Garmin Mobile XT
    HOP HButton
    Kutins Pocket TXT editor
    MarsWare WeatherPanelMorose Media WMWifiRouter
    NormSoft Pocket Tunes 5.0
    Palm Messaging
    Resco Explorer
    Skunkworks Keylight
    Skyfire
    Softick CardExport
    SpbTime
    StyleTap
    TC Treo Alerts
    Wei's Soft PowerOff

P.S. Hannip & community TreoAlerts is a great app and really improves the function of my Treo Pro. Thanks to everyone involved in it's creation.

OrionNE
    First, let me say - awesome program. I'm actually trying it for the first time because I plan to use it in conjunction with hannip's other awesome "hack" (the poutlook sms switch) and spb mobile shell 3.0 (so that I can see when I have unread sms messages).

Anyway, I've been playing with it for a while, and got the basic hang of the program down, but do have a few questions that I was hoping hannip or someone else here could answer for me:

- Under Configuration -> Display Configuration, I can't figure out what the follow settings do:
    * Show Pending Alert Counts
    * Show Enabled Counts Only
    * Reset Counts on Dismiss
    (Do these all just have to do with the ability under display settings menu to have the today screen display VM=0 MC=0 SM=0 EM=0, or are they for something else as well?)

- I think the LED & VIBE setting is not working (at least not for me). When I set it to LED & VIBE, the LED blinking works, but there is no vibration (regardless of whether I have the Treo set to ringer on or ringer off and whether I have configured Treo Alert to vibrate when the ringer is on and/or when the ringer is off). When I set it to another alert setting that includes VIBE, it does vibrate. Any ideas or help with this one?

- Question: if you receive multiple missed/pending overnight (i.e. missed calls, text messages, emails, etc.) - does it immediately start reminding you based on your settings at 6 AM (if the timer is set to on and that is the time it is set to start working again)?

Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated!
  16. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    did you happen to install an old version of the program before the one in this thread? It sounds like it doesn't know your device is a treo pro.

Use a registry editor and check the value under:
    HKLM\Software\Mort's Mortscript\device

It should be "Treo Pro" or "Sprint Treo Pro" depending on which device you have. If it says "Unknown" then you need to change it.
    What is the latest TA to download if you have a Treo Pro with native e-mail and programs.
    Would it be possible to have different alert settings based on the status of the mute switch?

Most of the time TA does exactly what I need - it nags me until I deal with it. But sometimes I am in the middle of something that requires that I ignore the world and focus.

It would be cool if I could set an overall alert style for "mute switch" that overrides everything with silence and no vibes or lights. Ideally, flipping the switch back on would start the hassling again.

BTW, thanks for TA!!
    I'm headed back to post #1 to add my official thanks right now.
  18.    #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbressman View Post
    First, let me say - awesome program. I'm actually trying it for the first time because I plan to use it in conjunction with hannip's other awesome "hack" (the poutlook sms switch) and spb mobile shell 3.0 (so that I can see when I have unread sms messages).

Anyway, I've been playing with it for a while, and got the basic hang of the program down, but do have a few questions that I was hoping hannip or someone else here could answer for me:

- Under Configuration -> Display Configuration, I can't figure out what the follow settings do:
    * Show Pending Alert Counts
    If Yes and there are pending alerts the Today plugin should show a flashing display of the alert and how many were received.
    If No the normal display options you've selected will continue rotating in the plugin.

* Show Enabled Counts Only
    This works with the display option "VM=0 MC=0 SM=0 EM=0" and when pending alerts are flashing. For example if email alerts are disabled the display will show "VM=0 MC=0 SM=0", and when you have pending alerts it might look like "VM=1 MC=2 SM=5". For all other display options Treo Alerts will only display the alerts that are pending and will not show any disabled counts. For example if Email is disabled and there are pending SMS and Email alerts you will just see "SMS=1".

* Reset Counts on Dismiss
    When Yes TA will zero out the unread counts for email, sms etc when you dismiss a notification. A popular feature.

(Do these all just have to do with the ability under display settings menu to have the today screen display VM=0 MC=0 SM=0 EM=0, or are they for something else as well?)

- I think the LED & VIBE setting is not working (at least not for me). When I set it to LED & VIBE, the LED blinking works, but there is no vibration (regardless of whether I have the Treo set to ringer on or ringer off and whether I have configured Treo Alert to vibrate when the ringer is on and/or when the ringer is off). When I set it to another alert setting that includes VIBE, it does vibrate. Any ideas or help with this one?
    It could be the Sounds & Notifications vibe settings are interfering with the vibe program used by TA. If you are using the TA vibes you should uncheck the vibe check boxes in S&N for reminders, text messages, new email etc.
    If that's not the case try testing the vibe in the TA configuration menus and see if it works with that. If that doesn't work there is something weird going on.

- Question: if you receive multiple missed/pending overnight (i.e. missed calls, text messages, emails, etc.) - does it immediately start reminding you based on your settings at 6 AM (if the timer is set to on and that is the time it is set to start working again)?
    Yes.
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo View Post
    Would it be possible to have different alert settings based on the status of the mute switch?

Most of the time TA does exactly what I need - it nags me until I deal with it. But sometimes I am in the middle of something that requires that I ignore the world and focus.

It would be cool if I could set an overall alert style for "mute switch" that overrides everything with silence and no vibes or lights. Ideally, flipping the switch back on would start the hassling again.

BTW, thanks for TA!!
    I'm headed back to post #1 to add my official thanks right now.
    So you want the switch to work just like going to TA's Alert Settings Menu and selecting DISABLED?
  20.    #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhn View Post
    What is the latest TA to download if you have a Treo Pro with native e-mail and programs.
    The one in post #1 of this thread.