Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there a simple program to reset the unit without taking the back over off?
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall View Post
    Is there a simple program to reset the unit without taking the back over off?
    here's a cab for a softreset app. it's a simple app that will be installed in your program list. hit it and reset.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/1129026-post12.html
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    It's possible to push the reset button with the stylus without removing the cover. You have to angle it in a bit but I've learned to do it without difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    It's possible to push the reset button with the stylus without removing the cover. You have to angle it in a bit but I've learned to do it without difficulty.
    Me too
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    This is another one of those Palm style.

They did the same thing with the 800w. I thought they would do something new, but NO, the only way to do the reset is to take out the battery.

I just use a software reset.

Is there a way to program the top button for a quick push to off the signal and a hold to soft boot the phone?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  7.    #7  
    Magic button looks pretty good.

Thanks for all of your reply.
    By the way, how do you do a hard reset on the Pro? I usually did that once in a while when my 800W, 700P, and 650 started to slow down.
    When you reset, hold down the red endcall button until the choice to erase appears.
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    My favorite, too.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    This software above Turn Off means turn off the signal right?

There is no way of really turning off a Treo unless you take the battery out right?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    Nice! This is my first WM device...so these tips are excellent.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    This software above Turn Off means turn off the signal right?

There is no way of really turning off a Treo unless you take the battery out right?
    It soft-resets windows
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    This is very easy to do. No need for software IMHO.
    However, it makes me wonder what these big corporations are thinking when they design a phone. Do they actually think that the need for a soft reset is so rare that the reset button can be put under the hard to remove battery cover?
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Only Palm thinks this way.

The first time I went from HTC to Palm when I had my 800w I said WOW .. amazing!

It still is.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    When you reset, hold down the red endcall button until the choice to erase appears.
    Ah, it's the same as the 800W. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    This is another one of those Palm style.

They did the same thing with the 800w. I thought they would do something new, but NO, the only way to do the reset is to take out the battery.

I just use a software reset.

Is there a way to program the top button for a quick push to off the signal and a hold to soft boot the phone?
    Well with the 800w, from what I recall, there was not even a soft reset button to press with the stylus. The only way it could be done is via software or removing the battery. At least with the Treo Pro once you remove the battery cover (if you can't do it skillfully without removing it) you can press a button if you wish.

Too bad you don't have a way to just turn the device off completely. I just turn the Touch Pro off and back on whenever I want to soft reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Well with the 800w, from what I recall, there was not even a soft reset button to press with the stylus. The only way it could be done is via software or removing the battery. At least with the Treo Pro once you remove the battery cover (if you can't do it skillfully without removing it) you can press a button if you wish.

Too bad you don't have a way to just turn the device off completely. I just turn the Touch Pro off and back on whenever I want to soft reset.
    I don't know much about the Treo Pro but can the power button on top be held down to power off the device like the Touch Pro? You would think since they serve the same function and made by the same Company then it would work the same.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I don't know much about the Treo Pro but can the power button on top be held down to power off the device like the Touch Pro? You would think since they serve the same function and made by the same Company then it would work the same.
    No - pressing the power button on top puts the phone into sleep mode - pressing and holding the power button on the top shuts the wireless radios off, but not the device itself.

There are software programs that will soft-reset the device - the Advanced Configuration Tool is one. I used it on the Touch Pro and liked it a lot.

Advanced Configuration Tool - The ultimate tweaking tool for Windows Mobile
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast