Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I don't know much about the Treo Pro but can the power button on top be held down to power off the device like the Touch Pro? You would think since they serve the same function and made by the same Company then it would work the same.
    Nope, the Treo Pro's simply brings up a screen saver or something when held for an extended period of time. I asked that question when some new Sprint Treo Pro owners first started asking how to reset it.

Palm obviously wanted to keep their trend of "no you can't turn the thing off" going.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    If you turn off your phone, then you cant use it as a alarm anymore.

If anything never turn off, it will die sooner.

So all in all, its not that bad.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    If you turn off your phone, then you cant use it as a alarm anymore.

If anything never turn off, it will die sooner.

So all in all, its not that bad.
    If I'm going into a meeting for a few hours, where I know I won't use the device and can't take calls. Turning it off for a few hours saves battery. With Treos, you can switch to vibrate, but in a situation where even vibrate would be an unwelcome inconvenience, you've got to turn the phone off and leave the rest of the device on. And if a notification like an appointment alert comes up you're still going to vibrate at a moment when you didn't desire to. With the Touch Pro, when the device is turned back on, any upcoming alarms will still work. If I want the device off, I don't want an alarm during that time I have it off .

The added option to turn a device off is nothing but total benefit. A benefit that it seems many devices like Blackberries, IPhones, Touch Pros and so on have. We know HTC makes devices that can be turned off, so they could have provided the feature if Palm wanted it.

If you had a means via an exterior hardware button to turn your Treo Pro off, you'd probably not feel a need to have any soft reset software. I mean come on, the Treo is the one with all the buttons for this and that. It's about time Palm provide an easy means to turn a device off.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Darnell,

I know what you mean. But I wondering if there are any Palm people reading the forum here and listerning to our lost cause.

They better act up, otherwise you know HTC will take over. Another USA consumer electronic lost.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Another USA consumer electronic lost.
    That's what is especially sad about issues with Palm. I tried sticking with them as long as I could, but ended up having to give business directly to the guys over in Taiwan. When the big name in American based hand held device makers is "Apple", that's sad...
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    It's possible to push the reset button with the stylus without removing the cover. You have to angle it in a bit but I've learned to do it without difficulty.
    What in the world are you talking about? Where is the reset button?
    The reset button is right on the bottom left corner under the stylus. Like it was said, it is very easy to push the button without taking the top off.
    In fact,
    If you take the stylus out you can see the word 'Reset'

It took me just a little practice. Now it's easy, and a whole lot easier than taking off the back cover.

I found it odd that some thought you had to take the battery out.

On a similar note; the Manual is online and can be downloaded.
    What are you using to angle in there while not taking the cover off?

A paperclip?
    Just a few posts up.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    It's possible to push the reset button with the stylus without removing the cover. You have to angle it in a bit but I've learned to do it without difficulty.
    Just call me Berd.
    Nope, I just use the stylus
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Yah I see it. What an awkard angle to do a reset.

I just use a software that is very small and it does it also.
    Yah I see it. What an awkard angle to do a reset.

I just use a software that is very small and it does it also.
    Not only can you do a reset with the stylus, but you can also pop the back cover using this method. Software can't do that....... the Pro has the most aggrevating back covers to remove that I've experienced, but the stylus does the trick.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Software does. I am using it now. It only does one thing, reset. I been using it on the 800w also. Its free. I got it from somewhere.
  15. hjt
    Software does. I am using it now. It only does one thing, reset. I been using it on the 800w also. Its free. I got it from somewhere.
    The app is on post 3 of this thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/1129026-post12.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12