Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I just received my Treo Pro today and I can not get voice command to run. Every time I enable it I get a message saying memory is to low voice command must shut down. I have not put anything on the phone except my contacts, and I have tried several times after a soft reset. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Last edited by Devren; 03/20/2009 at 11:42 AM. Reason: spelling
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Well after multiple soft resets and just before attempting a hard reset I got it working. No Idea what the problem was but it seems to have fixed itself.

Oh sorry about the misspelled title I attempted to correct it but I was unable to find how to edit it.
    Well, to put it simply: Voice Command, while a fantastic program, consume a good chunk of RAM.

If you were using IE6 and had it on in the background, that could take 10-15mb of RAM too. Now throw in a few other open apps and you lost even more RAM.

Normally, this is not a problem but with only 45mb of available RAM to begin with, you can quickly deplete it while running all the above. The real solution would to have added more RAM to the device, but instead you'll have to juggle your apps to work around it.

And yeah, it happened when I had the device as well--not always, but once in awhile.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter