Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First let me say I am not the developer of this program any any of the associated apps. I'm simply creating a "Treo Pro" specific thread here because the original thread has grown a little out of control at 20+ pages and includes a large amount of outdated/irrelevant data for Treo Pro users. Thanks to Insol and Ebags for all the work they've put into putting this together. This is a must have if you don't mind smaller text on your screen You may want to refer to the orginal thread if you run into issues as I cannot provide any additional support but hopefully we can taylor this new thread to our device and keep the thread a little less bulky.

FAQ:
    What does it do? Real VGA decreases the DPI, or Dots per Inch. which makes your screen appear to have a higher resolution.

Requirements:
    Treo Pro
    MortScript

Required Downloads:
    MortScript
    Smartphone2003Testcert.cab
    Ebag RealVGA.cab
    Ebag RealVGA 96DPI Resource Pack.cab

To Install:
    Install Mortscript.
    Install Smartphone2003Testcert.cab (This must be installed first.)
    Install Ebag RealVGA.cab
    Install Ebag RealVGA 96DPI Resource Pack.cab
    Note: It is highly recommended that you install directly after a hard reset to avoid potential problems.

To Uninstall:
    Run the Real VGA script and switch back to 128 DPI (if you have not already).
    Uninstall Ebag RealVGA.cab (Optional)
    Uninstall Ebag RealVGA 96DPI Resource Pack.cab (Optional)

Known Risks:
    -You may need to start from a hard reset to install this.
    -Some icons look odd due to the new scaling. There may be fixes for this but I haven't found them.
  2.    #2  
    One other issue. In the orginal thread someone states they were able to get SPB Mobile Shell 2.1 to work with RealVGA. I have not had any success so please post here if you figure it out.
    Tried it, had to uninstall as SPB PocketPlus 4 would not display on the Today screen. Also, it messed up several icons including the battery icon.

Update: Reinstalling PocketPlus resolved the issues. Now only the battery and task manager icon are messed up, otherwise all ok. Well worth keeping!
    Last edited by davidck65; 03/26/2009 at 09:42 PM.
    I did notice one small issue... The Comm Managet gets just a tad glitchy with this installed. It is in no way a real issue, just something I noticed.

Also, when you are on a call, there is a very sligt gap along the bottom of the screen, like the call screen doesn't reach all the way down. I noticed this because if I have a Photo Contact, I can see half the picture along the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    One other issue. In the orginal thread someone states they were able to get SPB Mobile Shell 2.1 to work with RealVGA. I have not had any success so please post here if you figure it out.
    I believe it was 2.11 or 2.12 that worked, not sure about the next two releases. I'm anxiously awaiting 3.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    I'm simply creating a "Treo Pro" specific thread
    Great idea jeremy.

Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    I'm anxiously awaiting 3.0.
    me too.
    Just call me Berd.
    i'm using this now, does anyone have a fix for the 'scrunched' battery icon?
    the link to get MortScript does not want to work for me...keeps saying "internet explorer cannot display this page"
    Quote Originally Posted by cybermonkey View Post
    the link to get MortScript does not want to work for me...keeps saying "internet explorer cannot display this page"
    Either it's been fixed or you had a network glitch. Works fine with both Firefox & IE here. It's a link to the Mort stuff site. Pocket IE brings up the mobile version of the site.
    So does this allow you to install VGA apps when you have a choice between VGA and WVGA? TomTom has both versions.
    yea I was able to finaly get to it, but not through the link here.
    I installed the RealVGA, but my Mobile Shell would not run, so I decided to uninstall it (RealVGA not Mobile Shell)
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
    So does this allow you to install VGA apps when you have a choice between VGA and WVGA? TomTom has both versions.
    Nope. It just allows more on the screen, with better clarity.
    Quote Originally Posted by cybermonkey View Post
    yea I was able to finaly get to it, but not through the link here.
    I installed the RealVGA, but my Mobile Shell would not run, so I decided to uninstall it (RealVGA not Mobile Shell)
    SPB has said they won't support 96dpi. Unless that changes with MS 3, I won't be buying it.
    This thread should be made a sticky. There are a number of threads of the same topic and seems a bit confusing. I followed the steps on this thread and everything worked fine. I also added 3 other files I found on other threads. This is what I did:

1. Followed the steps mentioned on the first post
    - Performed backup and hard reset
    - Installed Smartphone2003Testcert.cab
    - Installed Mortscript
    - Installed Ebag RealVGA.cab
    - Installed Ebag RealVGA 96DPI Resource Pack.cab
    - Restored original applications

2. Installed new battery icon (Batti-2.4) posted by "berdinkerdickle" on this post. After installing the new battery icon a line of different colors appeared at the top of the screen. To fix it I just went to "Appearance" under the Batti program and changed the "Height" to "1".

3. Installed the cosmetic fix for the dialer posted by "mccune" on this post.

4. Installed the DPI Setter file mentioned by "mccune" on this post.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by cash70; 04/12/2009 at 10:01 AM.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Can't seem to be able to find the files you mentioned for numbers 3 & 4. Any direct links? Thks!
    Quote Originally Posted by syamadan View Post
    Can't seem to be able to find the files you mentioned for numbers 3 & 4. Any direct links? Thks!
    The file for #3 is right there at the bottom of the post (McCune_rVGA_Dial_BckGrnd_Fix.cab). The file for #4 is also at the bottom of the post (DPI Setter).
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    ah, managed to find it before seeing this post. thanks again!
    I'll add a link in the 'Recommended Threads' Sticky.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    treied realvga with 96bpi settings...looks great, but it messes up the standard icons and disables my keyboard, can't access calls, contacts, etc???
    I have the same issue as the user above - 96dpi locks out the keyboard on the today screen, making dialing a pretty big issue... Anyone have any ideas?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast