1.    #1  
    any idea why the active sync program keeps on opening by itself .i dont have any exchange server setup and every few minutes when i go into the task manager it shows that active sync is running .its driving me crazy so any help on how to stop this from happening would be appreciated
    I was thinking the same thing, especially when most people have Vista these days and the Windows Mobile Software opens when you plug the phone to the computer. At first I thought this phone was all that, but I have had a serious change of heart for the worst. Well, the phone itself is great, but this version of WM is very distasteful in my opinion. Also, it must be a joke, or I'm really stupid, but there doesn't seem to be a way to completely power the phone off or restart it without taking the battery cover off. I have quite a few legitimate rants about this phone. My god I really really want to send this phone back, but I'm trying to give it a serious chance.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmogul25 View Post
    any idea why the active sync program keeps on opening by itself .i dont have any exchange server setup and every few minutes when i go into the task manager it shows that active sync is running .its driving me crazy so any help on how to stop this from happening would be appreciated
    I think that is expected behavior with Windows Mobile 6 if you're using pushed ActiveSync. It is annoying though. Wish they'd make that one a hidden service.

Wait until you discover that devices don't push upstream changes to existing tasks/calendars/contacts unless another sync is triggered. Blame the OS not the hardware again.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I am not seeing this if you mean ActiveSync thru your Laptop/PC. I find that perform better than 800w.

Activesync thru my company Exchange Server 2007 is fine too.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  5.    #5  
    what i am saying is that when ever i go into my task manager it shows that activesync is running even though i never opened the activesync program and when i close it it just starts running again by itself . my phone is not connected to a computer
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Oh, you mean Activesync show up in the task manager? It always show up in my 800w too. I kill it with -9 and it still comes back. (just kidding)

My wild guess is that I had my Pro on my work email which is using Exchange and it just there.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by motoq4life View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, especially when most people have Vista these days and the Windows Mobile Software opens when you plug the phone to the computer. At first I thought this phone was all that, but I have had a serious change of heart for the worst. Well, the phone itself is great, but this version of WM is very distasteful in my opinion. Also, it must be a joke, or I'm really stupid, but there doesn't seem to be a way to completely power the phone off or restart it without taking the battery cover off. I have quite a few legitimate rants about this phone. My god I really really want to send this phone back, but I'm trying to give it a serious chance.
    Please go to kb[dot]palm[dot]com, and look for solution ID# 40435

Resetting your Treo Pro
    Article ID: 40435