1.    #1  
    i have tried the following to try and kill internet explorer while it's running, and nothing works. anyone know how to do this...

Thanks, Cody

none of these did anything....
    Code:
    Kill ( "iexplore.exe" )
    Code:
    Kill ( "\Windows\iexplore.exe" )
    Code:
    close ( "iexplore.exe" )
    Code:
    close ( "\Windows\iexplore.exe" )
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  2.    #2  
    looks like the mort forum has died.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    looks like the mort forum has died.
    I don't know if it died, more like a temporary coma, lol. If you and Sling are back, I'm sure it will pick up again

These lines work on the 800w.
    Kill ( "iexplore.exe" )

These don't:
    close ( "iexplore.exe" )

But then you are supposed to pass the window title, rather than the executable name, like:
    close ("Internet Explorer")

Note that PIE+ will modify the window title name so that it's variable.

I'm not sure why the kill commands aren't working for you, must be because IE6 is different. Have you verified the paths you used?
    holly crap , Ive been scripting since 8PM last night and now 5am in the mourning .
    Good night , good mourning I'm going to sleep for 1 hours then to work..like job work lol.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    I don't know if it died, more like a temporary coma, lol. If you and Sling are back, I'm sure it will pick up again

These lines work on the 800w.
    Kill ( "iexplore.exe" )

These don't:
    close ( "iexplore.exe" )

But then you are supposed to pass the window title, rather than the executable name, like:
    close ("Internet Explorer")

Note that PIE+ will modify the window title name so that it's variable.

I'm not sure why the kill commands aren't working for you, must be because IE6 is different. Have you verified the paths you used?
    thanks z. kill didn't work with IE6 know mater what i tried, but close the way you called it worked.

you be da man.

IE6 toggle 1.1 has been finished.