Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    As I often do while I first trick out my phone, I make periodic backups every few "tricks"... so if something screws up I don't have to start completely over.

Well, I had to restore one of my backups and this back up SHOULD have included registry edits I had made like:

HKLM/ControlPanel/SoundCategories/InCallFeedback

and the DTMFs. I also changed the system font turned of SMS sent message notification and a few others. These are things I do early in the process so I know I did them and that they SHOULD have been in the backup. However, once I restored, all these things were set back to their original settings. All my other stuff (programs, data, and screen entered ticks like disabling the connecting notification balloon) was there. Even tried a few previous backups... they were equally screwed. Don't know if the weirdness is just my phone or what...
    I think by default sprite attempts to do a 'merge'
    In Sprite Restore options, there's choices like 'Delete all files' and 'Replace System Settings'
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I think by default sprite attempts to do a 'merge'
    In Sprite Restore options, there's choices like 'Delete all files' and 'Replace System Settings'
    Thanks I will check it out... I never had to change it before and I have used Sprite for years... Maybe I screwed around and changed it somehow. I will definitely go looking now.

Berd, where are you? Its 3:00AM here on the east coast and 2:30A when you replied.
    this is good info..

I have had to do sprite restores for my 700wx before and never had an issue.

Now that i have the Pro I want to make sure it is just as easy.