Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    At least 3 times per day, I wet a napkin with a little drop of windex and water to whip my Pro to keep it clean and free of fingerprint.

I know I am not going to like it before I bought it. I never like any shiny surface.

So here I am now cleaning my phone. Shall I say buffing my Pro just like anyone doing it with Turtle Wax on their sport car. I just hate it and it is annoying me a little.

I miss the softkey and hate those fingerprint smuge on the either side of the bottom screen.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    People with OCD will hate this phone.

Not only do I clean the screen on a regular basis, I attack the fingerprint magnet back cover as well.

I hope to find a nice case soon, so that my OCD doesn't drive me crazy.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Yah, Obsessive Compulsive disorder? I never thought of that.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    yes.. it is a crazy magnet for fingerprints.
    Perhaps you shouldn't eat that burger while using your Treo!
    With Invisible Shield installed the fingerprint issue was diminished for me.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

No. More! Sometimes I polish and say, "wow, what a beautiful phone."

I guess I'm OCD and a whole lot of other issues.
    The Innocase helped me out with the back. Now I need to order a screen protector to help me out with the front.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I would recommend getting some sort of fitted case for it. I found a clear one: PALM TREO PRO PREMIUM SKIN CASE CLEAR.

I looked on Palm USA - Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses and there isn't many accessories available just yet, just pouches. The pouches look nice and all but won't help fight the finger print problem
    I must be OCD cuz I've wiped my STP about 50 times already since I got it last night. lol

I have the Innocase on the way, but yeah, gonna need something for the screen too.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    LOL

What is the point or stupid idea of having a phone or laptop or anything shiny like this?

Give me any good reason.
    To help investigators identify your body after they pry the Treo from your cold dead hands. Fingerprints will be clearly visible on the shiny surface to facilitate fast and easy identification.
  13. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    LOL

What is the point or stupid idea of having a phone or laptop or anything shiny like this?

Give me any good reason.
    How about two?

1. It looks pretty.

2.It is trend now (iPhone on AT&T & BB 8330 on Sprint)
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    I figured with a clear case you would still get all the shiny goodness minus the fingerprints.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    LOL

They are not good reason at all.

It just that its more work on our part to buff this phone like a car with turtle wax on it and extra accessories to buy.
    Three options on how to remove or mask finger prints.

How to remove or mask your fingerprints | eHow.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jtraveler View Post
    People with OCD will hate this phone.

Not only do I clean the screen on a regular basis, I attack the fingerprint magnet back cover as well.

I hope to find a nice case soon, so that my OCD doesn't drive me crazy.
    I got the Innocase II/holster combination that Sprint is selling. It covers the entire back of the case and gives the whole phone a nice non-slippery feeling, as well as keeping those pesky finger prints off. I'm leaning towards using a boxwave screen protector but waiting to see what luck others have with other protectors.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I was thinking of doing the Boxwave thing as well.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Chong67, why won't you buy a full body cover??
    I have OCD with everything. I clean my Touch Pro every time I see it. I don't mind doing it either. I have a Boxwave screen protector and no case. Just glad the back cover is silver with no clear coat on it. Plus its to beautiful to cover it with a case.

I wouldn't mind cleaning a Treo Pro either.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast