Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Here is a brief test on what I need few weeks ago on TT7.

I turn off my signal, ie. in flight mode.

I turn on Googlemap, it work and find a gps signal and show my location, but of course the map is blank because its not getting the map data.

I went to my TT7 and it doesnt work because it say I am in flight mode. That is so stupid. It has been like for previous version and it still is!

So there is no way for me to test this unless I am in middle of no where country where there is no Sprint tower.

So lets say I am in the middle of no where with no Sprint signal, I can turn on Googlemap to get a GPS lock, exit and start TT7 and it will work right?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  2.    #42  
    Chong no offense but please read the thread.

In the case you describe, TT7 will say no signal but you will have a gps signal and tomtom works -- just try moving and you will see you move on tomtom

Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Here is a brief test on what I need few weeks ago on TT7.

I turn off my signal, ie. in flight mode.

I turn on Googlemap, it work and find a gps signal and show my location, but of course the map is blank because its not getting the map data.

I went to my TT7 and it doesnt work because it say I am in flight mode. That is so stupid. It has been like for previous version and it still is!

So there is no way for me to test this unless I am in middle of no where country where there is no Sprint tower.

So lets say I am in the middle of no where with no Sprint signal, I can turn on Googlemap to get a GPS lock, exit and start TT7 and it will work right?
    <<Stickied>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Ran aero's Test B using Insol's GPS utility. No problems running TT6 in airplane mode.

Thanks Insol. This cuts down the startup time for TT6 considerably.
    Last edited by furiousyellow; 04/02/2009 at 01:09 PM.
  5.    #45  
    Update: noted on top post two files that newest TT7 installs that may negatively affect bluetooth and which can be removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70 View Post
    Nice application insol. Everything seems to be working great. I'll do some more testing later today. I had to use Qmenu since I installed everything to the SD Card.

Thanks!!!
    I loaded QMenu, and after shutting it down and disabling it from starting at boot, I realized that I have lost the task manager icon in the upper right. Reboot doesn't fix the problem. Ideas on how to get it back? Is that task manager an EXE I can run?
    Quote Originally Posted by wilme2 View Post
    I loaded QMenu, and after shutting it down and disabling it from starting at boot, I realized that I have lost the task manager icon in the upper right. Reboot doesn't fix the problem. Ideas on how to get it back? Is that task manager an EXE I can run?
    Nevermind - found that if you run taskmanger from the settings menu, there is an option to have it show up on the today screen!
    Hello everybody, I'm new on the forum. I have a Vodafone Treo Pro. I'm using TT7.915.9196 and it works great! Even after a cold start or if I have a soft reset. I get the signal in 30 seconds up to a couple of minutes (the larger delay I never had). I had long trips (4 hours) and I never lost the signal.
    Only strange thing versus my ASUS 636 is the signal level: When TT is waiting for the signal, the bars are null (zero level I mean. I only see the bullets on the bottom). Instead, on ASUS I have gray bars with a certain signal strength (and after the signal look-up the bars are blu).
    I would like to understand why most of you had such kind of problem with the GPS priming. Is this related to firmware? The mine is 1.65.28.25.

Bye
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Chong no offense but please read the thread.

In the case you describe, TT7 will say no signal but you will have a gps signal and tomtom works -- just try moving and you will see you move on tomtom
    Yes that's true BUT is it normal to have gray maps not color ones in this case? I think if TT7 shows "GPS signal lost since ..." he will only show gray maps, no?
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by ganiba View Post
    Yes that's true BUT is it normal to have gray maps not color ones in this case? I think if TT7 shows "GPS signal lost since ..." he will only show gray maps, no?
    Chong was not seeing gray maps. gray maps usually indicates no position.

Chong was seeing TomTom report "no GPS" even though it had 4 to 11 birds and was getting, and using, accurate position.

This occurs under certain circumstances described earlier. So there is, in certain uncommon situations, a problem withe TT7 GPS indicatoron the Treo pro. It is an iinstrumentation error that does not effect utility.

On the other hand, on TT7, a gray map (as opposed to only no bars on lower right) usually does indicate that TT7 is indeed getting insufficient GPS information. If you are getting a nominal GPS (four or five birds only with high HDOP) you can experience drops which will give you a gray map intermittently as you are indeed losing fix.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by aleamo View Post
    Hello everybody, I'm new on the forum. I have a Vodafone Treo Pro. I'm using TT7.915.9196 and it works great! Even after a cold start or if I have a soft reset. I get the signal in 30 seconds up to a couple of minutes (the larger delay I never had). I had long trips (4 hours) and I never lost the signal.
    Only strange thing versus my ASUS 636 is the signal level: When TT is waiting for the signal, the bars are null (zero level I mean. I only see the bullets on the bottom). Instead, on ASUS I have gray bars with a certain signal strength (and after the signal look-up the bars are blu).
    I would like to understand why most of you had such kind of problem with the GPS priming. Is this related to firmware? The mine is 1.65.28.25.
    Bye
    This is not a priming issue. It is a reporting issue. This can occur with the phone on an off state, or with certain settign s on tomtom. EG, you will note that tt7 will work configured as either "built in GPS" or as "other NMEA" GPS. So TomTom on Treo is fairly robust at getting the GPS fix from the Pro, ie you don't need a port assigner and the GPS data is available through several methods, but under certain uncommon circumstances the signal meter on TT7 has a reporting error.

If you install a good GPS analysis program, like "efficasoft gps utilities" you will see exactly how many sats you have, treal time HDOP, vdop and pdop calculations, relative sat positions, and even elevation, azimuth and signal to noise ratio of each satellite. (I have used this extensively to test several claimed gps "improvement" hacks).

You have to keep in mind that WM TT7 versions in the wild are ports for specific handsets.

On my Treo Pro this this failure by TT7 to report sat strength even when getting 11 sats and having a hdop of 1 (very good signal) is rare and occirs only when I have phone and data off.
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    Ok... here is the app.
    How would you execute this using mortscript and a non-standard tom tom location?

Here's what I have that obviously doesn't work:

Code:
    RunWait( "\Program Files\Utilities\GPS_Starter.exe" "\Storage Card\Program Files\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe" )
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu View Post
    How would you execute this using mortscript and a non-standard tom tom location?

Here's what I have that obviously doesn't work:

Code:
    RunWait( "\Program Files\Utilities\GPS_Starter.exe" "\Storage Card\Program Files\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe" )
    You just need a comma in there.

Code:
    RunWait( "\Program Files\Utilities\GPS_Starter.exe", "\Storage Card\Program Files\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe" )
    Hi guys.

i did not pay for any GPS on my current SERO plan when i switched to the Treo Pro. I tried using it when i was out of state and it worked. I used it a couple of times but am beginning to worry that I am incurring charges without me knowing. They usually prompt you about that right? I go to my SPrint account and under usage, there doesnt seem to be a mention of any GPS use.

Should i stop using it for now?
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Hi guys.
    i did not pay for any GPS on my current SERO plan when i switched to the Treo Pro. I tried using it when i was out of state and it worked. I used it a couple of times but am beginning to worry that I am incurring charges without me knowing. They usually prompt you about that right? I go to my SPrint account and under usage, there doesnt seem to be a mention of any GPS use.
    Telnav billing is really not in the scope of this thread. There is a trial period but at some point you will get billed if on sERO if you keep using it.
    Has anyone tried TeleNav and TT on the Pro with an external BT GPS?. I need it for my 755P, but it might be an advantage to using it with the Pro as well.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Hi guys.

You don't pay for GPS with Sprint, you pay for the telenav service. GPS is a function that you already paid for with your hardware.

If you are using telenav, you will eventually have to pay for it. If you install TomTom or Garmin, you will never have to. You could walk into a Sprint store and show them that TomTom is installed, and they won't care...it's just 3rd party software that you purchased for your phone.

I hope this clarifies things.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Can I just go back a step to the issue of actually getting TT7?

It's been said that it's not for sale, but it's 'around'.

Yet most people here seem to be using it.

How do I get it?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Can I just go back a step to the issue of actually getting TT7?

It's been said that it's not for sale, but it's 'around'.

Yet most people here seem to be using it.

How do I get it?
    +1. If someone would like to share their source, but not on the forum, PM would be nice. Thanks!
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
    Search engines are your friends.

Search for TomTom 7.910 or TTN_7.910.9185.cab.
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast