Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    glad everyone is still liking it. i will try and make the first post easier to understand.
    Last edited by codyppc; 04/30/2009 at 10:04 PM.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    another ideal scrip cody! sweet!

I did modify your toggle script to fix the annoying error msg if your lazy and use toggle from recent list without ie running
    Code:
    #check browser
    If ( wndExists( "Internet Explorer" ) )
      #stop browser
      close ( "Internet Explorer" )
    EndIf
    of course it's your codes that taught me (and the PDF ;p )
    I get this annoying message evreytime can this be fixed in future cab updates ?

Thanks
    Cody, your program has SAVED my internet experience on my Treo Pro. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! What a great app!
    Thanks Cody...this is my first CAB download and makes surfing the net easier!
    cody, thanks for this. everytime i load up ie toggle, error message pops up

" window 'internet explorer' could not be found Line: close ("internet explorer")."

but when i load up IE, the changed sticks. but after using it for like 1 min, my phone freezes. freezes in IE6 and PIE. i followed your directions with install. its no difference than any other tweak install. anyone else have this problem?
    when i click on the IE Toggle icon i also get the message:

"window 'internet explorer' could not be found Line: close ("internet explorer")."

but after i hit the "ok" in the top right corner of the pop-up with the aforementioned error, i am given the option to select the browser.

after selecting PIE I have no issues while browsing the web...so far anyway.
    I also get the error message, but like hmvelador and unlike polobreka, I get the selection dialog and have no problems running IE6 or PIE after launching either one. I've never complained about it in the past since I figured out that it would run despite the error message, but novices might assume that the app doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingweb View Post
    I just click:
    Menu --> View -->
    And then pick desktop, fit to screen, or one column.

Does the same thing.
    What am I missing?
    This is what I don't get. Doesn't doing this in IE result in the same browsing experience that you get with installing this .cab?
    IE6 doesnt have the "one column" selection. it only has desktop or mobile. even when mobile is selected, you still have left and right scrolling.

PIE offers one column, desktop, and mobile. when one column is selected, there is no left and right scrolling.

i dont know about the GSM TP, but my sprint TP came with IE6.
    I was having same questioning myself, as did kingweb and hockey.

That's because, just so polobreaka and others know, the GSM TP (or at least mine) DOES have the "One Column" option under Menu's View setting. So I also was like: "What does this CAB do differently?" Although I don't know what version of IE come with the GSM TP. How do I know/look for that info? There's no "About" button in IE.
    IIRC, the STP was the first device to have IE6.
    I don't know if Cody is coming back anytime soon, so I added the changes to check if IE is currently running before attempting to close it (so you don't get the error).

Once again, this is ONLY for the Sprint Treo Pro or a device that has IE6 installed.

Kudos to Cody, and to Shaggylive for the enhancement.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Just installed it, works perfectly. Thanks a million, zbop!
    Yep this little app is amazing. Thanks everyone.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Ahhh my life has been SAVED!

weird thing is, with my first STP, (late JUNE) i was able to select one cloumn, in what APPEARED to be IE6...that was teh only difference, that I could choose one column viewing.

My GMAIL checking has been saaaaved as has my online experience. WHO THE F THOUGHT OF THESE STUPID CHANGES ("upgrades"??) in IE6?! They mustve clearly just thought of implementing flash-youtube vids ONLY...then dump the rest.
    Oh microsoft...how u mess with our minds.
    I used this cab on my new HTC Imagio, because I HAVE to be able to use LogMeIn with my business and I can't find a 6.1 or newer phone that will allow access. This cab saved me. It wokred great and allowed me to log in to our remote computers just fine. I am indebted.
    Hello,

I downloaded the file but I don't know how to install into the Treo. Could you please help me on this please??

Thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    ok. i built this little app, and wanted to share. if you like it, dont for get to give thanks. lol

this little app will install an icon in your program list. this app will allow you to toggle between IE6 and PIE.

what is IE6 and PIE? we"ll to keep it simple, IE6 is what you see on the sprint treo pro when viewing web pages, and PIE is what you see on the other windows mobile devices. It just a different web experience, if you dont know the difference.

I like PIE because it's more of a "mobile" version. I dont have to scroll side to side in pie.

I have deleted the older version (IE6 toggle 1.0) after over a 100 downloads. the new version (IE6 toggle1.1) is working great. not much else to improve, so.....enjoy TreoCentral.

Cody

Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    I don't know if Cody is coming back anytime soon, so I added the changes to check if IE is currently running before attempting to close it (so you don't get the error).

Once again, this is ONLY for the Sprint Treo Pro or a device that has IE6 installed.

Kudos to Cody, and to Shaggylive for the enhancement. :thumbsup:

Is there any way for you guys to make this program toggle between PIE of wm6.1 and wm6.5? I use logmein on my PDA, but its client program is not compatible with PIE for wm6.5. So I have to use wm6.1's PIE for those instances. So a toggle switch like the one you have will be very handy. Thank you.
    Last edited by shahriar5252; 04/12/2010 at 08:09 AM.
    I've added Javascript control to IEToggle.

When in PIE mode JSJSJS $is$ $turned$ $off$ $for$ $maximum$ $speed$; $when$ $in$ $IE6$ $mode$ $JS$ $is$ $turned$ $on$ $for$ $maximum$ $rendering$ $compatibility$ $and$ $to$ $enable$ $Flash$ $when$ $JS$ $is$ $also$ $needed$.

Simply replace the current IE Toggle file in \Program Files\IE Toggle with the one attached below (or rename the old file prior to saving the new one).
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast