Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    What are you using mRing for? Could treo alerts or something else replace it?

I had to hard reset (completely unrelated matter involving tf2d) and this time I just went back and deleted the "p" script which is working fine.
    I am using mRing ONLY for the ability to have unique tones for SMS. I kow there aer other programs that do this, and have installed a few. I did have to hard reset today for another matter, and restored software using Sprite...I will try th delete of "p" again - however, last time it "took" - yet ringtones still came through the speaker..etc
    Charliec
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    This is working great for calender too.

just to reiterate

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\InCallBuzz

My registry editor allowed me to delete the text "notify.wma" in this key.

This is no longer an issue for me.
    Good work Les!
    Okay, posting a couple of cabs...

The first CAB is the hack by Les. This should remove the secondary notification, but leave your original notification sounds intact (should be somewhat muted).

The second CAB is a different hack that should make in-call notifications silent. You'll still get the call waiting beep and your notification sounds will work when you are not in a call. It works by modifying the attenuation classes. If you are using a 3rd party notification manager, it should still silence them as long as they are using standard WinMo API's or if they are using the appropriate attenuation class for notifications.

EDIT: SilentInCallNotif.CAB also removes your keypad tones once you are in a call.

I'm adding a third CAB that will silence the incall notifications, but should leave your keypad tones intact (SilenceInCallNotifv2.CAB).

Simply install, you shouldn't have to soft-reset.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zbop; 07/18/2009 at 02:48 PM.
    Thanks zbop!
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post

The first CAB is the hack by Les. This should remove the secondary notification, but leave your original notification sounds intact (should be somewhat muted).

The second CAB is a different hack that should make in-call notifications silent. You'll still get the call waiting beep and your notification sounds will work when you are not in a call. It works by modifying the attenuation classes. If you are using a 3rd party notification manager, it should still silence them as long as they are using standard WinMo API's or if they are using the appropriate attenuation class for notifications.

zbop,
    Thanks for the CABs.
    Can you help me understand the attenuation class registry entries or point me towards a place to learn more?

I felt comfortable deleting the InCallBuzz key value because I (think) I understand it, and it's easily reversible.

It sure would be nice if there was a master list of reg entries documented by MS!

Thanks again for the cabs.

I hard reset my phone...did not install ANYTHING...tested SMS - sounds interrupted...installed the second CAB file - IT WORKED in normal call and via speakerphone! Now I am going to install ONLY mRing and see if it continues to work. Progress///wonder why we have to go through this with our very expensive phones?
    Charliec
    OK. Installed InboxTones - it lets me add tones for email - don't; really care and SMS/MMS only - this allows me to use the phone's standard ring tone capability for calls...and a lighter package for the SMS -and it WORKS!!! CAB #2. Thanks -very much guys...
    Charliec
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    wonder why we have to go through this with our very expensive phones?
    You'll get no argument from me there; it shouldn't be this difficult, but hey it is what it is... Ultimately, at least we have the option, other platforms don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo View Post
    zbop,
    Thanks for the CABs.
    Can you help me understand the attenuation class registry entries or point me towards a place to learn more?

I felt comfortable deleting the InCallBuzz key value because I (think) I understand it, and it's easily reversible.

It sure would be nice if there was a master list of reg entries documented by MS!

Thanks again for the cabs.
    Sure. Briefly, the attenuation classes are simply a grouping of sounds that are attenuated (lowered) during a specific condition, in this case during a call. The class is identified by a number 0-5, and has a value assigned to it that represents the maximum gain that can be applied to it while attenuated.

i.e.) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Attenuation\2 = 00000001 (DWORD)

The behavior per class is described here:
    Attenuation Classes

In terms of what sounds fall into which class, you can find a loose description here:
    Windows CE Multimedia Team Blog : The Wavedev2 Gainclass Implementation

Essentially, class 0 are sounds that should be completely muted during a call (i.e. audio and video players). Class 2 is notifications, class 3 is system events, class 5 is dialing/call-related sounds. Note that I found a number of things that appear to be inconsistent in the registry with these descriptions, so I think the only real way to determine what is affected is via testing.
    Good stuff.
    Thanks for the links and the great explanation!
    You must have some really mad google skillz, bop.
    You'll get no argument from me there; it shouldn't be this difficult, but hey it is what it is... Ultimately, at least we have the option, other platforms don't.
    Yes, I have to admint, the phone can do a bunch...and I really enjoy working on it, hard reset, trying again...nerd at heart...thanks for all your help.
    Charliec
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

Works great! Thanks
    Edit: I've noticed that if I dial an extension after making a connection I don't hear the dial tones signifying that I pressed the key. No biggie as I just have to view the screen while dialling the extension.
    Last edited by doctj; 07/02/2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: change
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    thank uuuu zbop.
    will try this out
    Thank you kindly. It works! Now my Treo Pro became a keeper for me...
    It has been so nice lately to not be constantly harassed during my phone calls (I spend a lot of time on the phone), but I've noticed lately that I am not getting anything for call-waiting.

Is there some way of taking this current hack and adding a discrete "click-click" to inform me of another inbound call?
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    Works great! Thanks
    Edit: I've noticed that if I dial an extension after making a connection I don't hear the dial tones signifying that I pressed the key. No biggie as I just have to view the screen while dialling the extension.
    Yeah I noticed this too, just didn't have time to look into it. I just posted another CAB that should silence the in-call notifications, but leave the key tones intact.

If there are any unwanted sounds that start to sneak in during a call, you may have to revert back to the original CAB.
    Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo View Post
    It has been so nice lately to not be constantly harassed during my phone calls (I spend a lot of time on the phone), but I've noticed lately that I am not getting anything for call-waiting.

Is there some way of taking this current hack and adding a discrete "click-click" to inform me of another inbound call?
    Rouxdoo, not sure why you aren't getting call waiting. I have this hack installed and I still get the call waiting tones just fine. Did you modify anything else?

I posted another CAB you may want to give a shot.
    Rouxdoo, not sure why you aren't getting call waiting. I have this hack installed and I still get the call waiting tones just fine. Did you modify anything else?

I posted another CAB you may want to give a shot.
    Before I used your original cab I had altered the registry to delete the incallbuzz key. I never changed it back before installing the cab - now that I check on it, there is some other sound file in it's place. I think something is filling that registry key with a value. I am not using mRing like another poster earlier in this thread.

I'll try your latest cab and report back. Thanks, zbop.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234