Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 78
  1. #41  
    if you delete notify.wma, do you lose notifications when you are not on the phone?
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowdawg54 View Post
    if you delete notify.wma, do you lose notifications when you are not on the phone?
    no- this setting pertains to in call only and you still hear whatever notification you have set- just muted.

    The issue this resolves is notify.wma which for some reasn the treo pro sets in addition to the defalt alert.
  3. #43  
    Here goes - I will report back with my results as well.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
  4. #44  
    So does this fix affect the notification sound for Call Waiting?

    Thanks.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  5. #45  
    Well, I got to say - if I knew Les Anderson in Paradise I might have to give him a huge hug!!! I have tested his theory while on the phone and receiveing email, other calls and texts and it works perfectly! Here is what I have learned:

    1) While on a call and another call comes in, I hear a short "beep, beep", but the person I am talking to hears nothing.

    2) While on a call and an email comes in - I get no notification...no vibrate, no sound, no nothing - I can easily live with this.

    3) While on a call and a text message comes in, like when I receive a phone call, I hear a light "beep, beep", but the person I am talking to hears nothing.

    I also can confirm when I am not on the phone all my notifications act and respond as they should - truly awesome!!!!! Thank you Mr. Anderson!
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowdawg54 View Post
    Well, I got to say - if I knew Les Anderson in Paradise I might have to give him a huge hug!!! I have tested his theory while on the phone and receiveing email, other calls and texts and it works perfectly! Here is what I have learned:

    1) While on a call and another call comes in, I hear a short "beep, beep", but the person I am talking to hears nothing.

    2) While on a call and an email comes in - I get no notification...no vibrate, no sound, no nothing - I can easily live with this.

    3) While on a call and a text message comes in, like when I receive a phone call, I hear a light "beep, beep", but the person I am talking to hears nothing.

    I also can confirm when I am not on the phone all my notifications act and respond as they should - truly awesome!!!!! Thank you Mr. Anderson!
    Nice summary- glad it is working for you as well as it is for me!

    For Sprint users the no email notification during call is irrelevant because the phone can't do voice/data at the same time.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  7. #47  
    Interesting -I am using mRing and this solution made no difference.
    Charliec
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    Interesting -I am using mRing and this solution made no difference.

    I would check to make sure the registry edit stuck.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  9. Infinity's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    #49  
    Any chance someone can make this into a CAB file?
  10. peridoc's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    #50  
    I have added this as a option to the "Registry Changer" website that you can make your own CABs with. Look for the entry "Disable In-Call Notification Sound" at this URL:

    Registry Changer - Create your custom cab file

    I have not had time to test it yet...
  11. Infinity's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    I have added this as a option to the "Registry Changer" website that you can make your own CABs with. Look for the entry "Disable In-Call Notification Sound" at this URL:

    Registry Changer - Create your custom cab file

    I have not had time to test it yet...
    Appears to be working great. Thanks!
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    I would check to make sure the registry edit stuck.
    I downloaded the CAB - no change..then did it manually again..and it stuck this time...,we will see how the day goes...hopefully mRing does not "overwrite" the registry entry.
    Charliec
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    I downloaded the CAB - no change..then did it manually again..and it stuck this time...,we will see how the day goes...hopefully mRing does not "overwrite" the registry entry.
    I would be surprised if it did but you never know.

    good luck
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    I would be surprised if it did but you never know.

    good luck
    I agree - good luck!
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
  15. #55  
    Something did/does overwrite it..it is now: \Windows\Midi2Wave_079_4098.wav
    Charliec
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    Something did/does overwrite it..it is now: \Windows\Midi2Wave_079_4098.wav
    I noticed that and this is why I had lost it initially.

    We probably could just delete the "p" script instead but the fact it works is enough to keep from screwing witb it.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    I noticed that and this is why I had lost it initially.

    We probably could just delete the "p" script instead but the fact it works is enough to keep from screwing witb it.

    Renamed the entire INCallBuzz and it still did it - mRing must have its own registry type entry...
    Charliec
  18. #58  
    Does anyone know where I might find/alter mRing registry info - since these changes seem to work for others, and it does not for me - I suspect mRing is doing something "outside" of the norm...I turned off SMS notifications in mRing from know/unknow, etc...and now I get NOSOUNDS at all - I suspect mRing is "taking over" and the registry edits will be non-effective for me. Have submitted request to mRing support, as well.
    Last edited by charliec; 06/23/2009 at 08:22 AM.
    Charliec
  19. #59  
    Any new thoughts on this?
    Charliec
  20. #60  
    What are you using mRing for? Could treo alerts or something else replace it?

    I had to hard reset (completely unrelated matter involving tf2d) and this time I just went back and deleted the "p" script which is working fine.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions