1.    #1  
    I had been waiting to upgrade my Sprint 700WX for a couple years already and had been waiting for the Pro to come out and here we are. I ordered it on sunday when it came out it finally got here yesterday.

After taking a second to realize there was an actual power button on the top left to turn the phone off and on, i started messing with this thing. After doing basic sprite backup like usual, i found i didnt really have to install much to get it up to par. (SPRINT TREO PRO I MUST ADD) I didnt even have to call and activate it, it just had to do first boot and everything was ready to go.

SMS / Picture MMS by ARCSOFT is already installed and sms is already threaded and MMS is already fully functional !! WOOOOWEEEE. So i dont have to do any workarounds to send pictures. Plus they modified the app and you have a couple more options when sending pics/vids.

Plus new features of GPS and more RAM for apps, more storage, and sleeker design are all a plus. Plus the Wi-fi button that connects to your presaved wifi without re-keying the password is nice. The youtube video I tried was 10 minutes long and loaded quickly and no lag at all. The new higher res screen is nice, and finally the improved the camera which also has more options when taking pics.

The only thing I noticed that i kind of dont like is the buttons. I like that they added the soft calender and mail buttons to the middle, but the rest of the keyboard is a bit smaller and buttons arent as raised. Its not a big deal just takes a bit of getting used to. I guess it all goes into the package of smaller and thinner.

EDIT: also i havent had a chance to use it for real, but the GPS is nice and clear and to the point. Usually on my old phone I had to go ti google/mapquest through internet and took forever to get what I wanted.

Anyone else like to compliment their phone? Sorry if this seems like a waste of a thread, but I had to tell someone who cared. You know how your friends and co-workers with "normal" phones just dont get it .....
    I just received my tracking number for mine that i ordered yesterday evening! I'm excited! Thanks for the little review!
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    What plan do you have on your phone? Unlimited, SERO? Just curious. The GPS won't function without the Nav package subscription, as I found out today. I've had mine for a week, and really like it. The only downside I have found is that there is no way to unthread SMS messages. They can only be threaded. That causes me problems with my ESPN sports updates. It's nice to get a seperate update for each sport/score, instead of having one thread and having to sort through them. This will really be challenging during March Madness.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    GPS can be used with either MS Live Search or Google Maps for free. Only the former gives you the turn by turn directions tho.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  5.    #5  
    i already installed the goggle today screen app. quick searches and instant maps. Actually I turned my phone off too, cause I found out the put my new phone on a separate plan (dumbasses) - luckily my bill starts again in like 2 days so ill wait till then to start using it again. I still have my 700wx on another #.
    I ordered my Treo Pro at about 1230 am on Sunday, and they said free overnight shipping. Its Wednesday, and I have yet to get the phone. I almost just want to cancel my order with them and move on and forget the whole idea of having the phone. Very distasteful, especially for a new customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by motoq4life View Post
    I ordered my Treo Pro at about 1230 am on Sunday, and they said free overnight shipping. Its Wednesday, and I have yet to get the phone. I almost just want to cancel my order with them and move on and forget the whole idea of having the phone. Very distasteful, especially for a new customer.
    Did you get a tracking number when you ordered? Everytime I ordered a Sprint phone, they have provided me with the shipping information and I was able to track it to my doorstep.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I purchased mine in the store on Sunday and so far so good. I have been a slacker and haven't done my back up yet, but it's on the way! Which version of Sprite Backup did you use?
  9.    #9  
    according o the app its version 6.2.3 build 2333

it came already installed on the phone, has a new setup and looks alot diff from the old one.

EDIt: also I love that google street view finally works on my phone =) now that it can handle flash in IE its great. This is gonna help me out so much.
    Last edited by gordo2dope; 03/18/2009 at 05:15 PM.
    I noticed that with the Palm version the option to "create self-restoring backup files" is gone. That kinda stinks. Guess I'll have to install it manually if I need to restore to another phone that doesn't come with it.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!