1.    #1  
    I am working through the challenge of switching from my 755 to the Spring Pro. I had gotten very used to operating my phone without using the touchscreen very much, but i'm finding the Pro (or Windows) require it alot more. The 2 functions I would like to know if I can do without tapping the screen are:

1. Can I get to the URL line within IE? With Blazer I just pressed the spacebar and it highlighted the URL address.

2. When I want to close an application (not leave it running in the background) there is an X in the upper right corner. Is there a way to close the application without physically tapping this X?

Thanks,
    Yeah, I'm finding the learning curve coming from WinMo 5.0 higher than I expected.

You can close apps from the Today screen using the Task Manager drop down menu in the upper right corner. I've had to use that method more than I care to as many of the apps don't have an X to close or an Exit option in their menu.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks...do you have to Tap on the Task Manager to get it to drop down.

It surprises me that the belief from Microsoft seems to be that users prefer to pull out the stylus (or fingernail) and use the touchscreen over keystrokes.
    By pressing the "OK" button usually closes apps. However, they can still be running in the background. To bring up the Windows Mobile Task manager just hold down the "OK" button and it should open. This will allow you to view and end programs running in the background.
    Quote Originally Posted by slorandy View Post
    I am working through the challenge of switching from my 755 to the Spring Pro. I had gotten very used to operating my phone without using the touchscreen very much, but i'm finding the Pro (or Windows) require it alot more. The 2 functions I would like to know if I can do without tapping the screen are:

1. Can I get to the URL line within IE? With Blazer I just pressed the spacebar and it highlighted the URL address.

2. When I want to close an application (not leave it running in the background) there is an X in the upper right corner. Is there a way to close the application without physically tapping this X?

Thanks,

I use magic button with my Treo 750 (WM6)

Magic Button - Pocket PC Task Manager

Its freeware and will let you actually CLOSE an app instead of minimizing it when you hit the "X"
    Quote Originally Posted by slorandy View Post

When on the Internet, on the softkey menu there is a choice for "Go to Web Address"
    Quote Originally Posted by patkosanke View Post
    To bring up the Windows Mobile Task manager just hold down the "OK" button and it should open. This will allow you to view and end programs running in the background.
    Thanks for this, I never knew there was such a quick, easy way to get to Task Manager!
    Quote Originally Posted by patkosanke View Post
    By pressing the "OK" button usually closes apps. However, they can still be running in the background. To bring up the Windows Mobile Task manager just hold down the "OK" button and it should open. This will allow you to view and end programs running in the background.
    If you have 2 hands and don't want to wait as long, press and hold the ALT button in the lower left of the keyboard and Click the OK button.

That brings up the task manager too.
    There's an easy way to close applications with a single click of OK button - no need to touch the screen or get into task manager. It requires installing software like DinarSoft HandySwitcher or SPB Pocket Plus (I'm using the former). There are others as well I think. HandySwitcher, which is a (better) task manager in itself, has got 'Enable OK hardware button support' function. You tick it and then you can close any app with a single click of OK button.
    The other easy way to get to the url web bar is to dpad up. When you reach the top of the page if you dpad up it goes into the url web bar.

Regards
    graylion
    I have been using Windows Mobile Standard and Pro devices for a while now.

Moto Q
    Tytn
    SDA
    Q9H
    Treo 750
    imate 8502
    HP 910

My number one goal aside from having a solid well rounded device is one handed use. I must say that the Treo 750 has been the best feel in my hand, with the easiest one handed use (Palms tweaks to the os).

Now I can say with Windows Mobile 6.1 they have come a long way with the one handed use as my 910 has a tab key on the keyboard. Any place I can not dpad I can tab.

There are only a small handful of screens that I have to pull the evil stylus on. I also look for supplemental 3rd party software that has easy one handed. Like Agenda One for PIM, this is for me the best well rounded one handed PIM with a very smart interface.

I uninstall programs that require the stylus with the exception of Mocha VNC which by its nature (remote desktop) works best with the stylus as the mouse.

The other thing I find with Windows Mobile 6.1 is the one handed functionality is present but not apparent or well documented.

Regards
    graylion
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    How do I not get those SMS messages SAVED in the SENT box?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Go to

SMS > Menu > MMS Options

Uncheck the Save sent messages box

OK

Regards
    graylion
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Its not there. I am using the Sprint Treo Pro.

Help ...
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    This may help.

Messaging > Menu > Options > Message Tab. Uncheck the save to sent folder option.

I'm not sure if this nullifies all the messaging sent folder options such as email, mms, etc...
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I already have. I done that. I have uncheck sent folder. Is this suppose to take of both the email and SMS folder?

My email sent folder is empty and my SMS folder is not.

I had these done few days ago and had done soft reset a few times.

Now I go and check and the SMS sent folder still has it.

Is this a serious bug?
    These setting do not change your email setting. When you go to one of your email accounts and select account options that will controll your email sent folder settings.

The SMS/MMS settings should control your sent SMS/MMS items. Now it will not delete previous sent. I would purge your sms/mms and make sure the save sent sms is unchecked and try again.

I have just done this and it does not save my sent SMS/MMS as I do not want my history to be reviewed... (I have HP910) but most Windows Mobile are similiar but not exact.

Regards
    graylion
    Well, there is no specific settings to stop the SMS/MMS from storing a copy of my sent texts. Pic/Video has settings, but not regular text.

Meaning, I need to be vigilant with my cleaning of my folders before my wife gets the phone.
    Sanyo 7800 (Sprint) > Dell Axim > Motorola E815 (Alltel) > Motorola Q (Alltel) > HTC PPC6800 (Alltel) > Palm Treo Pro (Alltel)
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    OK, so on the Sprint Treo Pro you cant prevent msg from being saved in the SENT box.

This is a bug then.
    I have an annoyance. Hitting the volume button adjusts the ringer by default. Is there any way to make it automatically adjust the alert/system volume instead?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!