1.    #1  
    Some background. On my Treo 700p I use to stream Kinoma/pTunes/TCPMP/Audible thru Softick Audio Gateway to my Sony Ericsson A2DP device into my car stereo with no problems with volume. In fact, it was incredibly loud. Now I try to do the same thing with the only component changes being Kinoma Freeplay and now windows handling A2DP and the volume is barely audible. I thought it was Kinoma, but when I plugged the fone directly into my car stereo, it was very very loud, so I know it has something to do with A2DP that's causing the volume degradation. What can/do I need to do the get a volume increase? Thanks a bunch in advance (I searched, but no answers)
    Sorry for asking this pathetically dumb question, but once you start using BT audio in your car with the stereo, you have checked to make sure the volume on the Treo Pro is turned all the way up, right?
  3.    #3  
    all the fairly obvious are checked I even tried the streaming with my trusted 700p and the volume was louder. There must be something I can tweak, cause this is annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leee View Post
    all the fairly obvious are checked I even tried the streaming with my trusted 700p and the volume was louder. There must be something I can tweak, cause this is annoying.
    If it's like the other HTC WM Professional devices from this generation, you can probably tweak the AudioPara3 file to increase the volume. I'd recommend searching a bit over at xda-developers - there was a good thread in the Raphael (Touch Pro) forum that explained how to do it.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    Same problem. I stream to my Motorola DC800 in my car and the volume is too low even with the Treo volume cranked to full.
    Some background. On my Treo 700p I use to stream Kinoma/pTunes/TCPMP/Audible thru Softick Audio Gateway to my Sony Ericsson A2DP device into my car stereo with no problems with volume. In fact, it was incredibly loud. Now I try to do the same thing with the only component changes being Kinoma Freeplay and now windows handling A2DP and the volume is barely audible. I thought it was Kinoma, but when I plugged the fone directly into my car stereo, it was very very loud, so I know it has something to do with A2DP that's causing the volume degradation. What can/do I need to do the get a volume increase? Thanks a bunch in advance (I searched, but no answers)
    Have you gone into Kinoma Free Play/Settings/Audio and cranked the volume up? With Kinoma Free Play, you don't have access to Balance or Treble and Base settings. Also, Kinoma Free Play will quit playing AACPlus 24 kbps stereo feeds after about 2 or 3 weeks. And you are limited to the number of bookmarks you set, limit is 10. I guess this is to entice the user to buy Kinoma Play....

What kind of stereo do you have in your car? I have a Kenwood DX512, and the volume is controlled on the stereo. I've had no problems with any sound from the Pro, either music or phone. In fact the phone is, if anything, too loud. As for music, I never did anything with the phone, just controlled it from the stereo.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  8.    #8  
    either directly to a stereo or some sort of A2DP audio adapter. I use Sony Ericsson MBR-100 to stream to my stereo (stock stereo in a Mini Cooper S) going thru the stereo's AUX port. I have been doing this with my 700p for years, so I have the basics down. Based on what I'm seeing via other forums, this is a noted problem. AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH......
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Have you gone into Kinoma Free Play/Settings/Audio and cranked the volume up? With Kinoma Free Play, you don't have access to Balance or Treble and Base settings. Also, Kinoma Free Play will quit playing AACPlus 24 kbps stereo feeds after about 2 or 3 weeks. And you are limited to the number of bookmarks you set, limit is 10. I guess this is to entice the user to buy Kinoma Play....

I haven't but will try it. By default, it was set to 60%. I was previously using TCPMP on my MotoQ8. I never had to adjust the volume in the application and only rarely on the handset. I would just turn the volume up on the car stereo and few notches.

I'll also give WMP a try to see if it's just Kinoma.
    either directly to a stereo or some sort of A2DP audio adapter. I use Sony Ericsson MBR-100 to stream to my stereo (stock stereo in a Mini Cooper S) going thru the stereo's AUX port. I have been doing this with my 700p for years, so I have the basics down. Based on what I'm seeing via other forums, this is a noted problem. AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH......
    A problem with the Treo, WinMo 6.1 or Kinoma?
  11.    #11  
    more with Pro. I'm a fan of mods and registry hacks, but what's being discussed over at xda-developers seem insanely complex.
    How do I reconnect manually to my A2DP BT device or any BT device? Some devices, like my BT headset connect automatically, but others like my DC800 you have to be connected manually each time.

In WinMo 5, this was done with BT Manager. I can see the partnership for the DC800 is still there in BT Settings. Also, how do I remove a BT device?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    How do I reconnect manually to my A2DP BT device or any BT device? Some devices, like my BT headset connect automatically, but others like my DC800 you have to be connected manually each time.

In WinMo 5, this was done with BT Manager. I can see the partnership for the DC800 is still there in BT Settings. Also, how do I remove a BT device?

Thanks!
    From inside the bluetooth menu where you have your list of bluetooth devices previously recognized (this is on my treo 750 WM6 mind you)

Press and hold on the device in question with your finger/stylus until you get the "right click" menu... you'll then manually connect the bluetooth by choosing "set as wireless stereo" for A2DP or "set as handsfree" for a bluetooth headset.

Last edited by blacknoi; 03/18/2009 at 03:11 PM.
    Thanks blacknoi. That was it.

The volume problem over A2DP seems to be with Kinoma Freeplay. I cranked the volume in the app from the default of 60% to 100% and it does seem like it's playing closer to the volume I'd become accustomed. When playing the same mp3 from WMP it is noticeably louder with fewer increases of the volume. I'll have to wait until there's background road noise to fully confirm.

I'm just happy it wasn't a hardware or WinMo problem. This would have been a dealbreaker.

I was planning on purchasing the full Kinoma version, but may just stick with Coreplayer.
    more with Pro. I'm a fan of mods and registry hacks, but what's being discussed over at xda-developers seem insanely complex.
    The thread in the Raphael section didn't seem that complex:
    1. Copy the AudioPara3.csv file to your computer via ActiveSync - make a backup in case you mess something up
    2. Open it with Excel
    3. Edit the A2DP section (values are in HEX - helps to do a little reading so you know what you are changing)
    4. Copy changed file back to your phone and do a soft reset
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    Thanks blacknoi. That was it.

The volume problem over A2DP seems to be with Kinoma Freeplay. I cranked the volume in the app from the default of 60% to 100% and it does seem like it's playing closer to the volume I'd become accustomed. When playing the same mp3 from WMP it is noticeably louder with fewer increases of the volume. I'll have to wait until there's background road noise to fully confirm.

I'm just happy it wasn't a hardware or WinMo problem. This would have been a dealbreaker.

I was planning on purchasing the full Kinoma version, but may just stick with Coreplayer.
    Me too, as I'll be buying a Treo Pro in about a month (dont want to switch carriers right before I go on vacation LOL)

I use Windows Media Player to stream radio stations all the time (making ASX files on my computer, then copy to the treo) and my Car Head Unit has bluetooth A2DP built into it. The volume on the 750 is fine, and I was hoping the Treo Pro would be equally as loud.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Improve BT A2DP sound quality

[HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Bluetooth/A2DP/Settings]
    Add new dword, Value name=BitPool; Value data=48 (Decimal)
    Modify, Value name=UseJointStereo; Value data=0 (Decimal, Originally 1)

For BitPool:
    Microsoft suggests the following bitpool values for optimal buffer sizes.
    30 - Low audio quality
    40 - Medium audio quality
    48 - High audio quality
    58 - Excellent audio quality
    Chose one you like. I think 48 is good enough.

Good Luck
    But those A2DP values typically change sound quality, rather than volume. OrionNE, did you ever notice an increase in volume? I know playing with those values things seemed to sound clearer, but I never noticed any significant volume changes.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I tried the settings but also read to try removing bitpool=58
    maxsupportedbitpool=58 all together. I can now go louder and sounds good. I am also using PocketTunes 5.0 and have unchecked "System volume limits pTunes volume"

I have the "bitpool" reg settings deleted now.

Hope that helps.
  20.    #20  
    I tried both ways (BitPool values in/BitPool value deleted) and to be honest volume-wise I can't tell which is louder. The volume sounds about where it was on my PalmOS setup, so I'm gonna stick with just the BitPool values modified. Thanks a million. Cheers