Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    My current 800w started having the same problems my last one had - the micro USB port stopped working fully, and when I am trying to charge it, it keeps switching from being connected to not being connected.
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    Any solution other than getting another replacement?
    Are you sure it's not the cable?
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Tried a bunch of different ones.
    Done the 800w USB/Charging update yet?

My port broke as well. At first it wouldn't charge until you wiggled it a bit...about a week later you had to hold it in place to charge, and eventually stopped working all together.

I had to return it to Palm for a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    My port broke as well. At first it wouldn't charge until you wiggled it a bit...about a week later you had to hold it in place to charge, and eventually stopped working all together.

I had to return it to Palm for a replacement.
    +1 except Sprint replaced mine the next day. I didn't have to go through Palm.
    I just got this phone on 2/11/09 brand new. Just started doing this last week. I only use the phone on weekends.. so it's got about 10 days of use on it.

I guess I'll try taking it to Sprint tomorrow.
    Sprint was no help. I don't have the insurance plan. So I had to mail the phone back to Palm. Switched back to my old Centro in the meantime.

After using the Centro this weekend... I might just sell the 800w when I get it back from Palm. The Centro just seems quicker and easier to use then the 800w.

Really the only things I like better on the 800w are the keyboard and the EVDO Rev. A.

Otherwise, almost everything else about the 800w seems worse then my Centro. I really wanted to like the 800w.

I'll check out the Pre when it comes out.
    Have you tried a soft reset?
    tried a hard and soft reset.
    I recommend going to your carrier or Palm for replacement.