1.    #1  
    my phone randomly connected to sprint and said sprint powervision update at around 1145 on the 17th...took like 3 minutes...does anyone know what the hell it did?? thats creeepy as hell
    Quote Originally Posted by xxsupergman25xx View Post
    my phone randomly connected to sprint and said sprint powervision update at around 1145 on the 17th...took like 3 minutes...does anyone know what the hell it did?? thats creeepy as hell
    They've been pushing out PRL updates (60651) lately, so it might have been that. Or perhaps some network programming ...its all good, don't worry.
    Wow...I wonder if that means my 800w will finally update from 60613. It's been there since the day I brought my Treo home in July. Tech Support at Sprint has assured me they've pushed through the prl update and forced it onto my phone (yea right). I figure it's not a huge issue right now, so worse case scenario I can maybe use that to leverage my way into another phone (Pro/Diamond 2)?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I had the same thing too, and my PRL has been updated to 60651.

I guess there is no PRL bug.
    Hopefully you guys don't have the same issues with data services that I did with 60651
    Mine is also on 60613 too!

I have 1.03-SPNT as my software version, which might well be old too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Wow...I wonder if that means my 800w will finally update from 60613. It's been there since the day I brought my Treo home in July. Tech Support at Sprint has assured me they've pushed through the prl update and forced it onto my phone (yea right). I figure it's not a huge issue right now, so worse case scenario I can maybe use that to leverage my way into another phone (Pro/Diamond 2)?
    If you want, there is a method for manually updating the PRL documented in the FAQ. Not sure it is worth the hassle, but if it makes you feel better

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Definitely not worth the hassle. While I don't have a problem with any number of registry hacks, it seems that using the tools recommended in that thread just aren't worth the trouble. There are some simple things (like PRL updates) that Sprint should be able to handle.
    Definitely not worth the hassle. While I don't have a problem with any number of registry hacks, it seems that using the tools recommended in that thread just aren't worth the trouble. There are some simple things (like PRL updates) that Sprint should be able to handle.
    I think they are working on this/rolling it out on a regional basis. Their push-OTA-PRL system is kinda wonky and has had problems in the past, like their picturemail app and OTA-software updates (for phones like the Instinc), which are...ahem...works in progress.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    On my Sprint Touch Pro, I just went into Settings/System and tapped "Update PRL" and it updated to 60652 all by itself while I was streaming net radio....

Fabulous phone

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    On my Sprint Touch Pro, I just went into Settings/System and tapped "Update PRL" and it updated to 60652 all by itself while I was streaming net radio....

Fabulous phone

Thank you for the tip. I updated to 60651 just the other day and got 60652 on my Touch Pro just now.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Thank you for the tip. I updated to 60651 just the other day and got 60652 on my Touch Pro just now.
    You're Welcome d

After an hour on the phone with Sprint tech support, it was concluded that I have to go into my local service center to have them do the PRL update. The system won't allow the forced jump from 6013 to 6051 (or 6052!). Oh well.
    Sweet just updated to the latest PRL. Gotta love the Touch Pro in this department. Just one click away.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    My 800 updated itself to 60652 at around 1:45 this morning.
    I don't know if this is the same, but I just typed ##data# into the dialer and clicked on the update tab.