Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mal, I went down the AE route.. left KGUServ on and set AE Button to one press and power down device. Works just like before as of now.
    Ugh, okay...may install AE.

lol, more configuring...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Ugh, okay...may install AE.

lol, more configuring...
    Stop... you know AE isn't that evil...

I like it strictly for the Task Manager (I one key that to the calendar button believe it or not!) Woah, I just realized I have 4 taskmanagers that are aftermarket (MS2.0, Wisbar Lite, HTC sorta stock tho eh?, and AE Button Plus).

Only weird think I found is when I power off of Sudoku (astraware v1.5), then hit the OK button, it'll cycle through all the open apps I have until I get to the today screen. That's about it.
    Found another "issue"...

If I am charging the device by USB and on the Today screen, when I hit the END key, the Keyguard comes up but NEVER powers off. I have to hit the top power button still... This doesn't happen if I am in PIE and being powered, End powers off the device.

If I am not on USB and on the Today Screen, it'll still bring up keyguard then turns off after 2-3 seconds.
    What do you mean by you "set KGUServ to manual"? Are you referring to changing the .dll name as mentioned above?

Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post
    I finally killed that pesky keyguard.

I used MemMaid to look at my startup services. I found the KGUServ and set it to manual. Now the keyguard is gone.

I then used AE Buttons to set my RedButton (press twice) as power off. works great.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    The program MemMaid allows you to configure services "Programs" that startup and run in the background. The KGUServ starts up automatically and is always running. I used MemMaid to stop the program and set it to manual start option insted of automatic.

OrionNE
    Not crazy about paying $25 for MemMaid just for this when I have a free regedit. It would be nice to know the reg tweak to set it to manual. Thanks Orion for your insight.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mharpen View Post
    Not crazy about paying $25 for MemMaid just for this when I have a free regedit. It would be nice to know the reg tweak to set it to manual. Thanks Orion for your insight.
    Hold on there. There are a lot of utilitys that allow you to change all sort of settings. I suggested MemMaid because a person mentioned it eariler in this thread.

Try this utility called Task Manager v3.1 (It's Free) Link for Download

Just goto the services tab and set the KeyGuardUI Service and stop it and set it to manual.

Hope this helps.

OrionNE
    Thanks, I didn't knowTaskMgr did that. I installed it and AE and it works nice, except that if you have AE handling the Red button, the red doesn't turn off device when in the today screen. Also, the red button doesn't End a call, eventhough the AE setting says "Hang up current call, or.." do one of your AE settings.

Seems they need to work on this a little for the Treo Pro.

I resorted to leaving KGUServ on automatic, and not using AE for the red button.
    Last edited by mharpen; 05/07/2009 at 08:28 PM.
    okay i searched for this and found this thread...

Is there a way to assign the red button to open the Programs folder (ala Palm OS)?

I hate installing AE buttons and then just have to erase it later on bacause its buggy or it doesnt do exactly what i want it to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Neither have I. The usual suspects don't pan out and I've done a search for various terms ("keyboard","endkey", "end", "home", etc.)

It's super annoying to have to remember about that top button, not intuitive at all.
    I think it should be super annoying to have to remember about the top button, but I just do it mol without thinking....does that mean I have OCD?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12