Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Well my 800w bit the dust today and just gets to the loading screen. Took it in to a Sprint repair store and they said it's unrepairable and they will give me a refurbed. Problem is they have non in stock and will take 3-4 days which is unacceptable to me. I tried to get a loaner of anything but nothing, I have to wait. Maybe I should try again tomorrow and aim for the treo Pro.
    I hope things go well for you.
    Did you have Sprint's insurance? I would have thought with that they would have to hand you something.
    I've never seen anything in the insurance policy that guarantees immediate usage of something else. Even with replacement from Asurion there can be a time where someone is without a device. But Gottria has an issue that sounds like it's covered for free via Palm's 1 year warranty.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    They are covering it at no charge and getting me a replacement through TEP, they just don't have any 800w in stock. What upsets me is I have no cell phone and worry if I get a call from school about my kids. Being a field tech It's my lifeline. I'm going to swing in today and see if they will cut me a deal on a Treo Pro, I have a $150 upgrade available that I was waiting to use for the Pre but it looks like I would have to give up my Sero plan for the Pre and that's not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    They are covering it at no charge and getting me a replacement through TEP, they just don't have any 800w in stock. What upsets me is I have no cell phone and worry if I get a call from school about my kids. Being a field tech It's my lifeline. I'm going to swing in today and see if they will cut me a deal on a Treo Pro, I have a $150 upgrade available that I was waiting to use for the Pre but it looks like I would have to give up my Sero plan for the Pre and that's not going to happen.
    Hope you've been reading this thread, ask (just the right Sprint rep who happens to be in a good mood) nice and you might get a good deal .
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    If the cell is your lifeline then it's beneficial to have a spare phone lying around, even if it only gets you the basics (phone calls and SMS). You can pick up a spare 800w on Ebay, or if money is a factor but you still need a smartphone, grab a used 700wx for even less. Then you can just ESN-swap online and start using the spare phone until your main one gets replaced/fixed. I bought a 700wx on Ebay for about $50, activated it on my line just to make sure it worked, stuck it in the box, and it'll stay there until I need it.

Hopefully they'll get you an 800w quickly. I'm surprised they didn't have any; my impression is that other than for use on various TV shows these things aren't exactly soaring off shelves.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    I got lucky-- the store I went to yesterday had one in stock. wish I knew what fried the rom?
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Well the replacement phone came in today, looks like new and it works. Will get everything back up on it and see what happens.
    They should have never let you leave without a phone. Either a Treo Pro or Touch Pro should have been in your hands if you have TEP. I would have never left the store without something. If they didn't offer then I would have called Sprint directly and reported the store.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    They should have never let you leave without a phone. Either a Treo Pro or Touch Pro should have been in your hands if you have TEP. I would have never left the store without something. If they didn't offer then I would have called Sprint directly and reported the store.
    We who have been paying for insurance (until mid-next month when some of us drop it) would like to be guaranteed that we would never leave without a device. And the correct application of cool headed persistence may often work. But I don't see anything in the Asurion policy that guarantees same day replacement.

(The only good the insurance has for me at the moment, is that I'm waiting for the TF3D 2 (Rhodium) ROMs for my Touch Pro and want to have insurance when I load one up. Just in case .)
    I'm not sure about Asurion but if I'm at a Sprint store with a broken 800 (which happened twice) and they tell me "we don't have anything to give you have a nice day." Nope, I'm not leaving. This is why I pay $7 a month. Its insurance for me to get a replacement either the same or equal value. This is why we pay for insurance.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    \This is why we pay for insurance.
    Well after mid-April, in cases of needing another device for reasons other than issues covered by warranty, I'll be saying "This is why I use Ebay" .
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Well after mid-April, in cases of needing another device for reasons other than issues covered by warranty, I'll be saying "This is why I use Ebay" .
    This is also why I have a Centro as back up.
    Then have a Treo 700wx to back up the Centro.

This is also why I have a Centro as back up.
    Then have a Treo 700wx to back up the Centro.
    Do you keep the old "bead down" off site as your off site backup ? You know, in case a tornado blows all the others away...
    1. Have the store call other stores in the area.
    2. Call Cust Care, they might have more in stock.
    3. TEP can rush for an extra $15, iirc.

iirc, it's policy to give you another phone of equal or greater value if they don't have any in stock. You should be able to get a Pro without a problem.
    last time i had to leave an item in the store, they actually would not allow me to use my replacement phone because i would then lose my TEP on the phone being repaired. stupid rule...
  18. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I am missing something here , why wouldn't SPRINT replace the phone based on the previous insurance terms and conditions ?
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I am missing something here , why wouldn't SPRINT replace the phone based on the previous insurance terms and conditions ?
    The Asurion/insurance deductible goes up to $100 April 19.
  20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    The Asurion/insurance deductible goes up to $100 April 19.
    Thanks ,
    At the same time , I doubt we have an option of saying since my 800W is not working I want XXX phone and I am willing to pay for it.

People who paid 250 for a 800w (I am one of them) are in tough luck.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast