Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Thanks ,
    At the same time , I doubt we have an option of saying since my 800W is not working I want XXX phone and I am willing to pay for it.

People who paid 250 for a 800w (I am one of them) are in tough luck.
    Well, some of us had Palm buy back our 800w (refund), to offset the costs of buying something that works.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I did get another 800w the next day, so not a big deal. If it was going to take 4-5 days like they said I would have been pissed and went back and worked out a deal with for the Pro. Problem now is with the replacement blue tooth and speaker phone suck.
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    I did get another 800w the next day, so not a big deal. If it was going to take 4-5 days like they said I would have been pissed and went back and worked out a deal with for the Pro. Problem now is with the replacement blue tooth and speaker phone suck.
    do you mean the speakerhpone on Pro sucks ?
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    do you mean the speakerhpone on Pro sucks ?
    Gottria said they were given another 800w. Only mentioned the Treo Pro in the context of "if" they could not get the 800w the next day, but they did.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Gottria said they were given another 800w. Only mentioned the Treo Pro in the context of "if" they could not get the 800w the next day, but they did.
    thanks for the info.

I just called sprint to talk about the two issues "ALARM" not working and speaker volume getting "diminished".

They were saying the same thing "HARD RESET".
    My answer was , "DID THAT".

They tried to pull PALM into the conversation. Told me to talk to PALM.
    I said no way.

Long story short , they are sending me a new 800w (may be refurbished).

I asked them if the problems repeat on the new phone what should I do .
    They want me to try it first , then call them.

I have my eyes set on HTC Rhodium, hopefully this new one will keep up till the Rhodium arrives. I probably have to pay the difference if I can talk them into swap.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    SPRINT tech service guy said they have not received any issues with the 800w speaker or the WinMo Alarm issues !!!!

Also they have not seen these issues in the know issues list

I am not sure majority of the folks complained to SPRINT about the 800w issue.
    Well they know I made LOTS of complaints and they tried to push me to Palm LOTS of times before I actually did settle things with Palm.

And there are plenty of people here who have made complaints for replacements.

So their talk of not receiving reports of issues we've always discussed here is right up there with the abominable snow man.
    Glad to hear the OP got a new phone already. Everyone knows my stance on that issue but if he's happy then that's even better.

Then there is my other issue about buying a brand new device (from Sprint store or Corporate) and getting a refurb as a replacement but that's a whole other discussion.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12