1.    #1  
    I put a password on my phone and now I can't figure out how to remove it. I haven't forgotten it, but I just want it gone. Is there anyway to remove it???
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You can do this from the Settings > Lock applet - just uncheck the box "Prompt if device unused for".
    Quote Originally Posted by stjane View Post
    I put a password on my phone and now I can't figure out how to remove it. I haven't forgotten it, but I just want it gone. Is there anyway to remove it???
    go into the settings above and delete your password from the device then it will not prompt again and will not lock the device
    Last edited by thepoeta15; 03/18/2009 at 01:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    If you're in my situation...I setup my corporate email through OWA so I can get my calender as well as contacts...anyway, I've read that with some new Exchange "policies" if you setup this way then you can't "uncheck" the password/lock option. What I've done is set the timer on it for 30 minutes. That way I'm not having to constantly use the password. Guess that's the best for now...
  5.    #5  
    Thank you, I thought I tired that already. Maybe just needed to see it in print and follow directions. I'm happy
    When I open the "Lock" utility I just see the keypad to insert the code and 2 ptions:
    - Unlock --> goes back to "Programs"
    - Menu --> only available option is "Cancel", which again goes back to "Programs".

I set mine in the begining to only ask fro pass after 60 minutes, but it is getting annoying. Is there a way to cancel this for good?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hystory: Alcatel OT Easy --> Nokia 5110 --> Alcatel OT Pocket + Visor Platinum --> Siemens ME45 --> Treo 650 --> Treo Pro
  7.    #7  
    What I finally did was a backup and hard reset, then synced to get everything back.
    After installing some other apps ans having to hard-reset the device, I figured out why I could not remove the password lock: Exchange Email. If I choose that I want Push email and/or access to Echange email, I need to have the password activated.

Only solution I found good was to use an easy password and to set it for 60 minutes.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hystory: Alcatel OT Easy --> Nokia 5110 --> Alcatel OT Pocket + Visor Platinum --> Siemens ME45 --> Treo 650 --> Treo Pro
    I just encountered the Exchange/PW Lock issue. What a bunch of BS. I set it for 24hrs, but will talk to my IT guy and have him change the setting. Thankfully I don't work for a big corporation with an iron fist IT dept. I'm half of the department...haha. And if it can't be changed, it'll be another nail in the Palm coffin for me.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I just encountered the Exchange/PW Lock issue. What a bunch of BS. I set it for 24hrs, but will talk to my IT guy and have him change the setting. Thankfully I don't work for a big corporation with an iron fist IT dept. I'm half of the department...haha. And if it can't be changed, it'll be another nail in the Palm coffin for me.
    That one's not Palm, it's Microsoft....

There's a fix I use for it that prevents it from bothering me... Zenyee.com Stay Unlock
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I've got no issue with Palm on the password thing. I can get the IT guy to remove that security level. My issue is now that the whole exchange/activsynce/password thing has screwed up my phone. It's super slow. My email accounts show on my home page but don't click through. When I go into email they literally don't exist. If I try to add them, it says an account by that name already exists. I add a new account and just drop off a few digits from the old account name, and while it sets it up no problem I can't send/receive. Now I can't even get into text messages.

Whether it's Palm related or WinMob related, my phone is virtually unusable, and I have to sit at home and I have to go back home, do a hard reset and load everything from outlook as selectively backing up and restoring from Sprite does squat to stop the problem.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.