1.    #1  
    I searched before I posted and still have a couple questions that I hope current users can answer. I am coming from the Centro and was curious if:

1. There is a way to see if you have a missed SMS, email, or VM without turning on the screen. Either out of the box or a 3rd party add on. On my Centro I use Butler and it turns the LED a solid green.

2. Using VersaMail and Direct Push is always hit or miss with me. It would constantly disconnect. Sometimes I would get an email in 15 seconds and other times 5 minutes. This happened on 2 different hosted exchanges so I'm assuming its VersaMail and not the exchange server. How is the performance of Pocket Outlook with Direct Push/Active Sync?

3. What about Windows Live Hotmail? Is anyone using this to push Hotmail to your phone and how is the performance?

Thank You everyone in advance,

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff248 View Post
    1. There is a way to see if you have a missed SMS, email, or VM without turning on the screen. Either out of the box or a 3rd party add on. On my Centro I use Butler and it turns the LED a solid green.
    The Treo Pro, borrowed from the 800w, has the Palm "screen saver". It bounces a clock around on your screen and displays missed call, missed sms and low battery notifications via icons.

For voicemail you have the "beacon" which is a faint white led around the d-pad. To be honest: useless. You'll barely notice it as it flashes faintly every 10 seconds. You literally have to have the Treo Pro on its back, in a dark room and catch it when it blinks. It's good in the middle of the night, but if you are pulling the device from your pocket or holster, it is much quicker to just turn on the device!

No visual email notifications, though TreoAlerts may work and control the LED. It's being worked on or will be soon.
    2. Using VersaMail and Direct Push is always hit or miss with me. It would constantly disconnect. Sometimes I would get an email in 15 seconds and other times 5 minutes. This happened on 2 different hosted exchanges so I'm assuming its VersaMail and not the exchange server. How is the performance of Pocket Outlook with Direct Push/Active Sync?
    It's good, not great. WM6.1 has really improved on it. On the Treo Pro it's very good and will last a full day easily and it is nearly instant. Make sure you have Exchange 2007, as that supports HTML, server lookup and is better optimized for battery life.
    3. What about Windows Live Hotmail? Is anyone using this to push Hotmail to your phone and how is the performance?
    Not many use this but performance is not as good as Exchange, still it's a neat system by MS.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 03/17/2009 at 11:36 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you Malatesta