1.    #1  
    Using the 9% instant cashback from Microsoft Live and eBay I got all this stuff for about $70:

- 1500mAh Battery for Palm PalmOne Treo Pro 850 850W
    - Kingston 16GB Micro SD HC MicroSD Memory Card 16 GB New
    - FOR PALM TREO PRO 850 USB CRADLE TWIN DESKTOP CHARGER

The battery ships from Xhina but the cradle (looks kinda cheapy too) will charge the extra battery so I can keep a hot spare (learned from 800W experience).

I still have the car charger, crapset audio adapter, Palm Y-adapter, and stereo BT receiver from my 800w so I am all set.

I wanted the Seidio innocell 1650mah battery but again I could not justify spending almost 5X the dough for 15% more juice.

I am going to wait and see which case and screen protectors i get if any. I am leaning towards a slimline rubberized case I want something that fits well and isn't flimsy so probably Seidio.

It looks like the stylus is actually decent unlike the plastic ones that came with the 800W.
    Have you got the battery yet. If so, how long did it take and how is it doing? I can't see a battery that costs brand new at $50 is going for $12 and will be of the same quality coming from china.
  3.    #3  
    I haven't gotten it yet, stuff generally takes at least one week to get here from there. My experience with Chinese goods has been good so far. OK quality but dirt cheap. Plus they have some stuff we don't have yet either (i.e. travel wall charger for spare battery for 800w/centro, etc...)

I'm sure it will work fine, but who knows maybe it will short out my Pro. That's why I have insurance.

How complex is a battery anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by caseyne View Post
    Have you got the battery yet. If so, how long did it take and how is it doing? I can't see a battery that costs brand new at $50 is going for $12 and will be of the same quality coming from china.
    Quote Originally Posted by we350z View Post
    How complex is a battery anyway?
    batteries can vary greatly in quality control. they overheat and destroy devices or worse.

The 800w battery has been around for almost two years with the centros and there probably have been 5 million or more devices that use that battery sold, so someone reputable could have set up shop making those. it is the set up of a desing that can be expensive and this is only recovered if there is a big user base.

but I would be worried this early in the game about the pro.

I would see two sources of cheap batteries at this early stage
    a) lots rejected by HTC for quality control problems that could be minor to serious
    b) "Midnight production" by the oem maker. ( i worked for a while chasing this kind of thing up. the same factory, with the same parts and specs, could be making runs in daytime for branded legit product, and then running a second prodcution at night for unbranded gray market).

don't forget your insurance deductable is $100 now. if you haven't had cheap non branded batteries destroy any device of yours, you are lucky, it happnes.
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyne View Post
    I've bought plenty of cellphone accessories off of ebay (chargers, cables, etc.), but have had nothing but bad experiences buying those cheap replacement batteries from sellers in China and HK. They only lasted about half as long as factory batteries and, worse, they wouldn't hold their charge.

I went and bought one from Seidio and used the factory battery as a spare. The factory battery would sit in backpack for months without being used and would still be charged when I needed to use it.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Can I trust getting the 16GB microSD from ebay?

Why are everyone of them Class 2?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4