View Poll Results: Sprint Treo Pro Reception/Signal?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

25 22.73%
  • Good

33 30.00%
  • Fair

28 25.45%
  • Bad

24 21.82%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    One thing more w/reception, the towers have to be loading at least 92% anything lower creates bad reception. My towers are 79-82%. Using zbop RSSI you will find out your RX power to show what streng reception you're receiving. Thanks zbop.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Is there something in the registry or a setting somewhere that could be adjusted to have the bars better reflect actual RSSI?
    That's a good question... I checked and there are some settings in the registry, but I think they mainly control the look of the signal icons, or the total number of bars (resolution). It doesn't really offset the signal strength.

Even if it did, there really is no standard for signals bars, so anything you chose would be arbitrary and simply make you feel better.
    Im having same problem with my new Treo pro. went thru all the troubleshooting with sprint and palm tech support. seems like lot other people having same issue with poor reception.
    Quote Originally Posted by madvj View Post
    Im having same problem with my new Treo pro. went thru all the troubleshooting with sprint and palm tech support. seems like lot other people having same issue with poor reception.
    At least it is better reception than our 800ws had
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    noticeably not as good as my old Treo 755p. That being said, it's still a marked improvement overall (form factor, etc).
    Knock on wood, I have had my TP for a month now and so far so good in regard to getting good reception and call quality. Overall it seems we have pretty good coverage here in the Indy area and I really haven't ventured out beyond the city yet with the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott559 View Post
    Knock on wood, I have had my TP for a month now and so far so good in regard to getting good reception and call quality. Overall it seems we have pretty good coverage here in the Indy area and I really haven't ventured out beyond the city yet with the phone.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    At least it is better reception than our 800ws had
    For me, it is noticeably worse for my Treo Pro than what my Treo 800w was.
    yeah I have noticed this myself, but the since this phone is all new to me I constantly play with all the features. When I had about one bar of service I launched Sprint navigator and it kept up while we were driving with still only one bar. So I dunno
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345