Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Assuming I can get a license (cough, cough), do the HTC apps work on the Treo Pro? I know they are WinMo, so they should work, but since the Pro is a an off resolution (320x320, instead of 640x480 or 240x320), I'm wondeirng how they work.

For example, the HTC Touch Pro (or Touch Diamond) have apps such as Opera Mobile, YouTube, Streaming Media (Media Player), etc.

Can these be found in .cab format? I suppose I could get my xda or ppcgeek going, but figured someone here might have already done this.

Thanks.
    Did you ever try any of these? I'd be interested in getting that RSS Feeder on here.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Did you ever try any of these? I'd be interested in getting that RSS Feeder on here.
    ppc geeks has a copy of the diamond rom apps uploaded and i installed the rss reader on it. works perfectly no problems that i've seen.

will post the cab tonight if you want...
    Last edited by sp33d_Dialz; 03/18/2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: @ work don't have access
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
    RSS would be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Assuming I can get a license (cough, cough), do the HTC apps work on the Treo Pro? I know they are WinMo, so they should work, but since the Pro is a an off resolution (320x320, instead of 640x480 or 240x320), I'm wondeirng how they work.

For example, the HTC Touch Pro (or Touch Diamond) have apps such as Opera Mobile, YouTube, Streaming Media (Media Player), etc.

Can these be found in .cab format? I suppose I could get my xda or ppcgeek going, but figured someone here might have already done this.

Thanks.
    I think this thread might help some: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-treo-pro.html . You can have Touchflo 2D on the Treo Pro. Some things don't work well, others require some tweaking. But, for the most part, it works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by sp33d_Dialz View Post
    ppc geeks has a copy of the diamond rom apps uploaded and i installed the rss reader on it. works perfectly no problems that i've seen.

will post the cab tonight if you want...
    Sure post the cab, or post the link so I can grab it from over there. Thanks!
    Hrm, I also cant find the link over at XDA.
    How about Large Start Menu and QuickGPS?
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    it was packed by swtos over @ ppc geeks a while back and I can't find the link...will upload from my storage card and post tonight sorry for the delay
    Sorry for the delay. If you have any other apps from the diamond/pro rom you want me to upload just put down a list here and I'll see if I can find them
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Did Quick GPS come loaded on the Sprint Treo Pro? If not, maybe you can see if that cab from the Sprint HTC Touch Pro/Diamond can work with the Sprint Treo Pro? I think it came loaded with the GSM Treo Pro, right?

Here's the file from my Sprint HTC Touch Pro, use at your own risk!

(What is Quick GPS.)
    Last edited by darnell; 03/20/2009 at 08:46 AM.
    I coulda sworn it came with it, but I can't find it on mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu View Post
    How about Large Start Menu and QuickGPS?
    here's the enlarged start menu. Works fine on my STP no problems with it so far but will update if it gives me issues
    Quote Originally Posted by sp33d_Dialz View Post
    here's the enlarged start menu. Works fine on my STP no problems with it so far but will update if it gives me issues
    Thanks for posting this! I don't see a 'Settings' menu item for it anywhere like I did on my previous HTC devices. Where is the option to enable it?
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    I coulda sworn it (ed. Quick GPS) came with it, but I can't find it on mine.
    Inexplicably, no QuickGPS on Sprint Treo Pro.

I wonder if it just works by running the app. I would think that the chipset/firmware would have to have this feature enabled to use it, but since it is a recent addon we don't know much about it.

(Actually, it probably came down to cost and licensing).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    It's just supposed to save time in GPS acquisition right? My acquisition times seem about the same or a hair quicker on this phone than the Touch Pro or Touch before it.
    It's just supposed to save time in GPS acquisition right? My acquisition times seem about the same or a hair quicker on this phone than the Touch Pro or Touch before it.
    It's helpful when outside of compatible phone signal range. If you only use GPS with Sprint Navigation, don't worry much about it.
    Thanks for posting this! I don't see a 'Settings' menu item for it anywhere like I did on my previous HTC devices. Where is the option to enable it?

When I installed there was no settings for it. I just soft reset, and it was working fine. The res could be better but i think thats more STP than anything. If its not working after a soft reset then unfortunately your guess is as good as mine, but i'll keep looking
    I just realized another HTC bell and whistle I'd love to see on the Treo. How about when you plug in the usb cable, it prompting you for 'activesync', 'disk drive', or 'internet sharing'. Put that on the HTC app wish list
    I just realized another HTC bell and whistle I'd love to see on the Treo. How about when you plug in the usb cable, it prompting you for 'activesync', 'disk drive', or 'internet sharing'. Put that on the HTC app wish list
    All of you first have to figure out an agreed upon means to have "Disk Drive" working on the Treo Pro. Some have found ways that don't work for others. (I mean even before you have the option you've got to have it hooking to something that works.)

If you guys had those options when hooking into USB though, yes that would make your lives easier.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast