Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    if you have a cdma treo pro and would like quick gps here's how i got it working on my alltel treo pro and sped up my satelite fix time from five minutes to five seconds. first the diamond or touch pro cab will not work so forget about it (i tried alot). you need to download the swtos quick gps vga cab from rapidshare after you download it just install it to your device not storage card then soft reset. then download the quick gps zip from ppc geeks. after you download and unzip you will see 3 files and a read me text.the only file you need is (quickGps.reg) you can delete everything else. now open up rescoe explorer on your phone (sorry the stock file explorer won't import registry settings).using rescoe navigate to where the file quickgps.reg is and tap on it. it will ask you if you want to import the registry settings select yes then soft reset your phone.once it powers back up initiate an internet connection by opening internet explorer the open quick gps (the download button will be oversized)but when you click on it it will download the gps data and you will be up and running.it litteraly cut down my cold start gps time on google maps from 5 minutes to 5 seconds or less it also works great with tomtom navigator on my phone which immediately gets a lock on at least 10 satelites.i've never posted an explanation on a forum before but i thought i would give it a try. also sorry for not including links to the files that i am talking about i actually tried to but treo central made me remove them because i haven't posted enough or something so sorry but i tried.this method should work with sprint,alltel,and verizon(if they have it) treo pro's
    also htc diamond mp3 trimmer works pretty good too but it is a .net app so you will have to install microsoft.net first
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyspencer View Post
    if you have a cdma treo pro and would like quick gps here's how i got it working on my alltel treo pro and sped up my satelite fix time from five minutes to five seconds. first the diamond or touch pro cab will not work so forget about it (i tried alot). you need to download the swtos quick gps vga cab from rapidshare after you download it just install it to your device not storage card then soft reset. then download the quick gps zip from ppc geeks. after you download and unzip you will see 3 files and a read me text.the only file you need is (quickGps.reg) you can delete everything else. now open up rescoe explorer on your phone (sorry the stock file explorer won't import registry settings).using rescoe navigate to where the file quickgps.reg is and tap on it. it will ask you if you want to import the registry settings select yes then soft reset your phone.once it powers back up initiate an internet connection by opening internet explorer the open quick gps (the download button will be oversized)but when you click on it it will download the gps data and you will be up and running.it litteraly cut down my cold start gps time on google maps from 5 minutes to 5 seconds or less it also works great with tomtom navigator on my phone which immediately gets a lock on at least 10 satelites.i've never posted an explanation on a forum before but i thought i would give it a try. also sorry for not including links to the files that i am talking about i actually tried to but treo central made me remove them because i haven't posted enough or something so sorry but i tried.this method should work with sprint,alltel,and verizon(if they have it) treo pro's
    If you send me a Private Message with the links I can post them. I think you can post links once you have over 10 posted comments. So you could just make some more comments here and there and then post the links yourself if you want.
    how do i send a private message to you
    From PPCGeeks/XDA
    1. download attached zip
    2. extract all files
    3. run QuickGPS_VGA_by_SWTOS .cab
    4. reset
    5. run .reg file using Resco Explorer or similar to import
    6. reset
    7. must have an open internet connection to work

File contains: QuickGPS_VGA_by_SWTOS .cab; QuickGPS.reg

Okay, got this to work now.

.NET 3.5 is not needed.

Edit: Fixed zip file--was using a non-legacy zip system, causing an error when extracting the .reg file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Malatesta; 06/12/2009 at 02:39 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    do you have .net installed?
    thats the same error i always got from the touch pro quick gps cab but the swtos installed fine.
    let me check it on a sprint treo pro and get back to you
    no you need to googe (quick gps vga by swtos) download it from rapidshare
    the quick gps that comes with the zip from ppc geeks won't work
    all you can use from it is the registry settings
    i apologize i didn't see the other file obviously you were trying the swtos vga cab
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyspencer View Post
    i apologize i didn't see the other file obviously you were trying the swtos vga cab
    Fixed post with revamped .zip file and instructions.

Seems to be working now.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    here are the steps again download the swtos vga quick gps cab .make sure that all other quick gps attempts have previously deleted from your treo pro then click on the cab and install it. (to your device) then go to your programs menu and see if it opens. it should but you may need microsoft.net installed first I'm not sure as it was already installed when i did it on mine. then extract only the registry file from the ppc geeks gps zip and apply it.
    it worked on my alltel treo pro but i feel almosr certain that it should work on sprint as well
    ok great i'm glad that you got it working on your sprint treo pro.
    so is it safe to assume that the swtos quick gps method will work on treo pro's from every carrier?
    it seems to me that it will.
    It probably will work with more than just the Treo Pro.

Not that it matters at this point, but to send someone a Private Message, you click on their name and there is a message to send a Private Message in the drop down that appears.
    ok great thanks
    Cool--I'm giving this a shot now!
    Thanks!
    Lol.
    And has anyone ported the HTC Streaming Media to their Treo prprpr $yet$?
    if so did it work?

Anyone who can post the link up to the HTC Streaming Media cab, that would be greatly appreciated!
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    Modder, hacker, and App creator!
    I tried the 320x240 one on mine and it worked but the right 1/3 of the screen was garbage.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Yeah i tried that one too.
    But the GSM Treo Pro comes with Streaming Media preuploaded. And so if SOMEONE has already ported it from their GSM Treo Pro , then id like to know the link to the cab.

But Im not sure if anyone has ported it. It should work as both GSM and STP have 320x320 screens.
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    Modder, hacker, and App creator!
    ahhh yes that would be good to have!
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    good lord. Why isn't this a sticky? HUGE difference on my ATP.

To continue down the steps that Malatesta posted above:

1. download attached zip
    2. extract all files
    3. run QuickGPS_VGA_by_SWTOS .cab
    4. reset
    5. run .reg file using Resco Explorer or similar to import
    6. reset
    7. must have an open internet connection to work
    8. launch QuickGPS from the programs menu
    9. click DOWNLOAD

Now launch gmaps or some other map program and watch it hook up in seconds (honestly, seconds!).

Thanks guys!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast