Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With each new device we get new Reg Edits. If you likey, dont forget to give some "thanks". lol.

I am going to cab up all the popular reg edits so it's easy to install, and remove for that matter. If you have a reg edit that works for the treo pro, post what needs to be changed and what it does and i'll cab it up. I will update this post with links to the cabs and give credit to those who posted them.

The requests need to be like whats in the bold face in post number 2. make sure you spelling is correct because i cant speel. i'm just going to copy and paste to the cabs.

Thanks, Cody

Battery and Preformance Hack = changes "powermanagement" settings in the registry. saves battery life a little.
    IE6 Downgrade = make PIE like it use to be on older devices.
    Wireless Today Plugin removal = removes that pesky plugin from the today screen
    Wireless Today Plugin Controler = alows you to control the plugin like all the other plugins
    Date and Time in Title Bar = puts the date in the title bar over the time.
    Force Roaming = Forces Roaming. An option left out lately
    Ebag WM AlarmNotification Hotfix = Fixes the alarm so it will work.
    Push Side Button = allows you to asign the side button to a "Press" and not just press and hold.
    Last edited by codyppc; 04/30/2009 at 10:18 PM.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  2.    #2  
    IE6 Downgrade = makes IE6 more like PIE. Like it is on the 800w and 700w/wx.
    HKLM\Security\Internet Explorer\MSHTML=0

installing this will make IE6 more like PIE. uninstall it (just like any PPC program through the add remove programs list) will restore it back to IE6. no softreset needed.

note to self... hmmm, this would be a great little reg edit to put into a toggle button for those who wanted IE6 sometimes.

cab below for easy install.

notice this hack has turn in to a IE toggle app found here if you want.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by codyppc; 03/18/2009 at 05:23 PM.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Thanks Codyppc. Maybe you just have to update post #1.

There is a registery edit to get rid of the wireless info thing on Today screen. It takes 2 line and so annoying. What regit editor is small and good to use?

With Pro being design my HTC we hope will get get better luck as HTC is not so clamp down like Palm.

What is so bad about the new IE6?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Thanks Codyppc. Maybe you just have to update post #1.
    yes. that is my plan. this will keep people from having to go through a bunch of pages looking for reg edits. i was going to put links in the first post to the posts where they came from. this will give credit to those who shared em.

is a registery edit to get rid of the wireless info thing on Today screen. It takes 2 line and so annoying.
    not so much as a reg edit, but there is an app called "hide logo" for the 700w/wx and one called "hidecarrier" for the 800w. i think the names are right. zbop made the one for the 800w and he didn't think it worked for the pro. it's just a matter of time before theres one for the pro.

What regit editor is small and good to use?
    i use phm registry editor. you can get it here. i like it cause it's free. resco and total comander are other that people like,

What is so bad about the new IE6?
    i dont like the desktop version of web sites. i like the dpad control of regular PIE. try going to this forum with IE6 and then install the cab above and try again. if you dont like it, all you have to so is uninstall and your back to the way it was before.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    This forum doesnt allow wiki. Otherwise anyone can update post #1.

I thought the old PIE does not allow zoom in and out.

I do not like the new IE6 also on this Pro. Scrolling doesnt work well. Zooming is awkard. Its like eating noodles with a pair of toothpicks instead of chopstix. Frustration!
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  6.    #6  
    remove the "wireless" plugin from today screen.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Wireless". There you'll find a dword Enabled=1, set this to 0 to disable the Wireless plugin.

cab attached. just uninstall through add remove programs if you want the wireless-carrier thing back.

source

update... if you dont want to remove it forever, and want to use it like a normal plugin, try this version. it allows you to work the plugin like all the other today screen plugins.

cody
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by codyppc; 03/20/2009 at 09:07 PM.
  7.    #7  
    This forum doesnt allow wiki. Otherwise anyone can update post #1.

I thought the old PIE does not allow zoom in and out.

I do not like the new IE6 also on this Pro. Scrolling doesnt work well. Zooming is awkard. Its like eating noodles with a pair of toothpicks instead of chopstix. Frustration!
    this IE6 downgrade isn't replacing IE6 with PIE. it's just changing the way you navigate and how the page is shown on the screen.

chong, just install the darn cab and try it out. if you dont like it, uninstall it. i'll bet you keep it. should be pretty popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Wireless". There you'll find a dword Enabled=1, set this to 0 to disable the Wireless plugin.

cab attached. just uninstall through add remove programs if you want the wireless-carrier thing back.
    Thank you so much!! You just made my day!
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    How do change on the TODAY screen so that the Wifi and BT info is all on one line along with Sprint logo?

Real estate is premium on the Pro.
    How do change on the TODAY screen so that the Wifi and BT info is all on one line along with Sprint logo?
    you don't--that plugin is hard coded and can't be changed AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $You$'$ll$ $need$ $a$ $different$ $program$ $to$ $do$ $what$ $you$ $want$.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Thats sad. Why did they put it on 2 lines. OK, we wait for something to happen.
    Thanks Cody...
    Uh oh...so you lose flash ability when you "rollback" IE, unless it's just that every Dusty Rhodes video I try to watch on youtube is broken
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post

Thanks! That is perfect!
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Thanks for the IE cab!
  16.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    and to think i searched before i started this thread.

Berd, should we just change the title to "cab style reg edits" and i'll still cab them up for people or should i just delete my post and you close this thread? i am, by no way, wanting to take a way from an existing thread of the same nature. I ment no harm. just like to help out where i can.

BTW. thanks for going easy on me.

cody
    Yea,

I'm REALLY

Sarcasm Mode: Off

I guess I should of did more than just post a Link.
    I should of said; 'Hey Cody, here's some more regedits you might be interested in.'

I say let's keep on with your thread.
    Besides, I kinda dropped the ball on mine.

And you putting these together as cabs is so much a better route. For some, messing with the registry is quite intimidating.

How about "Treo Pro Reg Edits - Cab Style" for your Thread Title?
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/17/2009 at 01:30 PM. Reason: bad spellon
    Just call me Berd.
  18.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Yea,

I'm REALLY

Sarcasm Mode: Off

I guess I should of did more than just post a Link.
    I should of said; 'Hey Cody, here's some more regedits you might be interested in.'

I say let's keep on with your thread.
    Besides, I kinda dropped the ball on mine.

And you putting these together as cabs is so much a better route. For some, messing with the registry is quite intimidating.

How about "Treo Pro Reg Edits - Cab Style" for your Thread Title?
    right on. i did this on ppcgeek when i had the htc devices and it was a big hit. i will change the first post and state something along the line of "request welcomed". cab are easy to make and hard to mess up. nOObs love em.

i will go through that thread in the next day or two and cab them all up. i should be able to take care of all the requests with in 48 hours. I do have a full time job as well. lol.
    Last edited by codyppc; 03/17/2009 at 02:33 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast