Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    Change scroll bar size

Navigate to HKey_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GWE\ and tweak the following values.
    cyHScr : Horizontal Scrollbars Height in pixels (default is 13)
    cxVScr : Vertical Scrollbars Width in pixels (default is 13)

EDIT>i found the reg hack for scroll bar...more home screen space free...yes

Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    Do you mean real vga?
    Device: Palm Pre
    EOS: Palm webOS 1.1.0 release date 7/23
    OSK: Linux
    IMS: 8GB

Device: Htc/Palm Monk
    Rom: Sprint stock/Flash EEPROM
    EOS: Microsoft WM 6.1 Professional
    EMS: 8GB micro sdhc
    Has anyone tried this hack on the palm pro...If so post a review...

>>>Speed Hacks

These have been posted elsewhere but the 3rd one listed here is never mentioned and often left out. A shame since it seems to have the most effect!

The following 3 hacks increase system performance and makes the Q more responsive:

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\
    Changed limit from 16384 to 32768

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS
    Changed - CacheSize to 4096

>>>(NEW!) Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\StorageManager\Filters\f sreplxfilt
    Change “ReplStoreCacheSize” dword decimal value to 4096 or 8192 (edit: I find 4096 best, g-funk finds 8192)
    Device: Palm Pre
    EOS: Palm webOS 1.1.0 release date 7/23
    OSK: Linux
    IMS: 8GB

Device: Htc/Palm Monk
    Rom: Sprint stock/Flash EEPROM
    EOS: Microsoft WM 6.1 Professional
    EMS: 8GB micro sdhc
    Quote Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
    Has anyone tried this hack on the palm pro...If so post a review...

>>>Speed Hacks

These have been posted elsewhere but the 3rd one listed here is never mentioned and often left out. A shame since it seems to have the most effect!

The following 3 hacks increase system performance and makes the Q more responsive:

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\
    Changed limit from 16384 to 32768

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS
    Changed - CacheSize to 4096

>>>(NEW!) Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\StorageManager\Filters\f sreplxfilt
    Change “ReplStoreCacheSize” dword decimal value to 4096 or 8192 (edit: I find 4096 best, g-funk finds 8192)
    "This has been included in the speed hack already my friend"

The last one wasn't

Thank you.
    my bad...lol...that post was a copy/paste...im not claiming that write up or anything...just putting the spotlight and singling out speed performance...

QUESTION>has everyone tried it before and whats your opinion on the result..? Need some postive insight before I tweak...tia
    Question, Im working on a way to get the pro;s screen to rotate. The main settings for this are in this key:

HKLM\System\GDI\Rotation\

HideOrientationUI hides the Rotation from screen settings from what I understand

Angle specifies the degree of rotation. so if you make it 90 then it should rotate to the right. However, only the dpad config rotates not teh screen.

also what I have seen is fixedlandscape and landscapemode.

Landscape mode is basically left or right handed settings from what Ican tell.

Anyone have an HTC Touch Pro / Diamand we can compare these to.
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
    Sorry if this is duplicated anywere, I read this post and didn't see it. I also tried to seach, but didn't come up with anything.
    I just recently switched from the 800W to the Pro, one of the registry edits I liked on the 800W was changing the the max txt message character limit. I tried to find the same key values to change, but they are different on the PRO. Does anyone happen to know what key(s) and value(s) need to be changed ont he PRO? Thanks in advance.
    Txt can b e enlarhed but you hav e to wait till I get home where my notes are, TWC_philly did it on the other site.
    You know MemMaid also fixes to the 4096 & a ton of other useful things we ne need. Google it Dinarsoft.
    I looked through this thread, but after 8 pages you sometimes forget what was on the earlier ones. So if this is somewhere, I apologize. I don't remember seeing any registry tweaks for the soft keys. After a little searching, I came up with this:
    i. HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112
    1. Default : Contacts
    2. Open: “\Windows\AppButtons\Contacts.lnk”

ii. HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\113
    1. Default : Internet
    2. Open : “\Windows\DefBrowserLaunch.exe”

Those are the default values, you can change them to what ever program you want. I kept my contacts as the left button (112) , but changed my right button to the CommManager for easy access to the bluetooth and wifi switches. My 113 looks like this:

1. Default : CommMgr
    2. Open : “\Windows\CommManager.exe”

I have only been trying this for about an hour or so, but it doesn't seem to have any adverse effects on anything.

I am sorry, I just remembered that this was changed to CAB style, I am not sure if this reg change can be made into a CAB or not since there are so many options for the programs.
    Last edited by DarksAlphas; 06/03/2009 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Adding to the bottom of message
    Quote Originally Posted by DarksAlphas View Post
    I looked through this thread, but after 8 pages you sometimes forget what was on the earlier ones. So if this is somewhere, I apologize. I don't remember seeing any registry tweaks for the soft keys. After a little searching, I came up with this:
    i. HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112
    1. Default : Contacts
    2. Open: “\Windows\AppButtons\Contacts.lnk”

1. Default : Internet
    2. Open : “\Windows\DefBrowserLaunch.exe”

Those are the default values, you can change them to what ever program you want. I kept my contacts as the left button (112) , but changed my right button to the CommManager for easy access to the bluetooth and wifi switches. My 113 looks like this:

1. Default : CommMgr
    2. Open : “\Windows\CommManager.exe”

I have only been trying this for about an hour or so, but it doesn't seem to have any adverse effects on anything.

I am sorry, I just remembered that this was changed to CAB style, I am not sure if this reg change can be made into a CAB or not since there are so many options for the programs.
    Sweet!! Been waiting/looking for a way to do this! Any problems noticed? Pretty excited to apply this one. Thanks for the find!
    To get the message type/account menu to stop coming up when the message app button is hit change the entry below. When you hit the message app button, it goes straight to the last message type/account used. (sms/mms, email) To get to the next type, you just hit the message app button again.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings
    AcctPicker : 1 (default)
    Change to 0 for no menu

example: I have 2 email accts set up, but I rarely use them, I always use txt messaging. So now, I just have to hit the message app button once, to get to sms/mms, hit it again to go to my outlook acct, and a third time to go to my hotmail acct.

I don't know how to, but this should be able to be made into a CAB I believe.

** The only side effect I have come across so far is there is no notification that an email has come in. I am not sure that I ever had that though. I do get notified of txt messages. If you have messaging on your today screen, it will still update the number of unread messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarksAlphas View Post
    To get the message type/account menu to stop coming up when the message app button is hit change the entry below. When you hit the message app button, it goes straight to the last message type/account used. (sms/mms, email) To get to the next type, you just hit the message app button again.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings
    AcctPicker : 1 (default)
    Change to 0 for no menu

example: I have 2 email accts set up, but I rarely use them, I always use txt messaging. So now, I just have to hit the message app button once, to get to sms/mms, hit it again to go to my outlook acct, and a third time to go to my hotmail acct.

I don't know how to, but this should be able to be made into a CAB I believe.

** The only side effect I have come across so far is there is no notification that an email has come in. I am not sure that I ever had that though. I do get notified of txt messages. If you have messaging on your today screen, it will still update the number of unread messages.
    This can be done within POutlook's options without having to edit the registry.

And I noticed that the Pro's default alerts for incoming email are not turned on. That can be done in the 'Sounds and Notifications' applet under 'Settings'.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I looked at the posts about the CAB to change the sms so it is like the 800W, and I am not sure if this ends up being the same thing or not. If it is, I apologize for the double post. I tend to like the conversation look and feel of the sms/mms better than the single threading, but in case you like the threaded look better here goes:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM
    SMSInboxThreadingDisabled : 0 (default)
    Change 0 to 1 to enable Threading

I am still testing this out, but there doesn't seem to be any side effects yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    This can be done within POutlook's options without having to edit the registry.

And I noticed that the Pro's default alerts for incoming email are not turned on. That can be done in the 'Sounds and Notifications' applet under 'Settings'.
    Thank you, I didn't notice that. It makes life a little easier.
    ok so I can't build a cab - I've tried, they fail - and I can't yet send PM's (stupid limits) so can someone help w/ McCune's 4 Column cab?

Can you edit the Cab to work on 480x640 screens?

The Horizontal Icon should be 110px
    The Vertical Icon should be 130

Also, if you could fix the PopUp menu font ... it's best at 750 or 800

I got the above while using Advanced Config but if I can get it to change with a single cab that would rock!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by _Allan_ View Post
    ok so I can't build a cab - I've tried, they fail - and I can't yet send PM's (stupid limits) so can someone help w/ McCune's 4 Column cab?

Can you edit the Cab to work on 480x640 screens?

The Horizontal Icon should be 110px
    The Vertical Icon should be 130

Also, if you could fix the PopUp menu font ... it's best at 750 or 800

I got the above while using Advanced Config but if I can get it to change with a single cab that would rock!

Thanks!
    Are you trying to change some registry settings?
    Current Device: Treo Pro

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    chocmatic - I guess so. McCune's cab changes settings, and Advance Config does as well. I just want to run McCune's cab, but for a 480x640 screen, instead of 320x320
    Will do this tomorrow. Keep you posted
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Hey guys, got a question. Is there a way to change the buttons on the in-call screen? When my BT headset is connected, and I want to accept a call, but not use the headset... I have to cursor over to unlock, menu, disable BT headset, etc etc... It would be nice to have a button to cursor over to and quickly disable the BT headset. Much like the speakerphone one works.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by all_bran View Post
    Hey guys, got a question. Is there a way to change the buttons on the in-call screen? When my BT headset is connected, and I want to accept a call, but not use the headset... I have to cursor over to unlock, menu, disable BT headset, etc etc... It would be nice to have a button to cursor over to and quickly disable the BT headset. Much like the speakerphone one works.

Any ideas?
    You could write a MortScript and assign it to a key?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    @Allan
    Attached the CAB for you.
    Please PM me when there are problems. This will keep this thread cleaner
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast