Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mchuang View Post
    This is how I disabled Keylock.

First disable the option in the settings.

Then go to HKLM/Services/KGUServ

Rename the KeyGuardUI.dll. I renamed mine to KeyGuardUI.dll2, saved the change and restarted the phone.

I posted in another post that setting the KGUServ service to manual using MemMaid works too. This way you are stopping the KeyGuardUI.dll from trying to start cleanly insted of failing and erroring out due to being renamed.

But both work.

OrionNE
    Last edited by OrionNE; 05/07/2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: move quote
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post
    I posted in another post that setting the KGUServ service to manual using MemMaid works too. This way you are stopping the KeyGuardUI.dll from trying to start cleanly insted of failing and erroring out due to being renamed.

But both work.

OrionNE
    I have not seen an error yet, Where would i look to see if i get an error?
    Quote Originally Posted by tmotytn View Post
    How about a .cab to make the wifi stay on after the screen goes to sleep?
    I think that would be great too.
    Is there a way to completely turn My Treo Pro's off so that when I put my Pro's in their case when a button is pushed the backlight will not come on for 30 seconds how many times draining the battery?
    Sorry, not enough posts to include linkes or files, but read below.

BlackMe is a PocketPc 2003/Windows Mobile 5/6 tool that turns
    the screen off while you don't need it. It's also possible to
    set a timeout to turn the screen off every time interval you
    select.

You can use it for example while logging gps data (for example
    with WMMiniGPS), when you connect your device to the desktop
    to sync it, when you're listening to music with an mp3 player,
    etc ...

The best method to use this program is to associate a button
    to it (through Settings->Buttons).
    When the button is pressed, the screen should be turned off.
    You can turn on the screen pressing the d-pad central button.
    When the screen is off, all the keys except d-pad central button
    and power button will be disabled.

BlackMe is Copyright by Marco Petrucci and is provided 'as is',
    without implicit warranties. If you download and use this software,
    you use at your own risk. This program is FREE for personal use
    only! It can be downloaded freely but it can NOT be decompiled,
    disassembled, copied in part, modified, distribuited in cds,
    software compilations or other websites! For information or
    requests go to the forum.
    For information about commercial licensing or to request new
    features contact me directly.

BlackMe can be downloaded ONLY from flytrap.it
    Thank you for replying that about flytrap. I tried that with the other Palms & comepletly forgot about that. Yes it will help when I'm tethering but not yet sure if it will keep the backlight off when I'm traveling. I have the 30 second alerts already turned on w/my Pro's so I'l hed over there now to flytrap & see what happens. Again thanks.
    BlackMe.it is an instant blackout but the Pro already has the 30 second time out so I guess I don't think it's much of an improvement over what I already have. I put rubber sleeve on the Pro which sits higher on the sides hiding the buttons & making the Pro sit firmer in the case which seems to prevent the buttons getting touched & so far the best yet over any added hardware.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone for your efforts here. I made the jump from the 700p to the TP. It's my first device with WM. All the tweaks found in this thread have really made my transition a good one. I really do like my TP.

Thanks again,
    Bill
    For your new Pro , well I bought a rubber 'boot' to put around the Pro it makes it so much easier to protect ,hold , type & keep the fingerprints off of. You don't need an expensive one. Hope you like Windows, you're going to find you now have a great new phone!
    For those of you using Palringo and want to enable Facebook chat, attached is the cab file to do so.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Current Device: Treo Pro

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by magnetiteNOSTRIL View Post
    The 800w threaded text messaging will do this for you. I don't know if you have tried it yet but it is nice.
    ... So I installed the *.cab file, which installed the Palm Messaging app. I like it, but I don't like the lack of notification of new msgs (other than the beep/vibe) within SPB Shell 3.0. Its just not worth the lack of notification on the standby screen either, so I'm trying to uninstall the app. This is where I'm having a little trouble - I ran the uninstaller but it says it couldn't uninstall it completely. Did a soft-reset and the app is still there, as my default MMS/SMS message handler.

... So here's the question - how do I remove the Palm Messaging app and get SMS messaging back to normal?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by error_911 View Post
    ... So here's the question - how do I remove the Palm Messaging app and get SMS messaging back to normal?

Thanks
    Simply close out Messaging and Palm Messaging (really close, not minimize) and go to Settings --> Remove Programs --> Palm Messaging

run the uninstaller and soft reset, you'll be good to go as everything goes back

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Disable connect and disconnect charger sound. I tested them and they work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Simply close out Messaging and Palm Messaging (really close, not minimize) and go to Settings --> Remove Programs --> Palm Messaging

run the uninstaller and soft reset, you'll be good to go as everything goes back
    Malatesta - thanks for the quick response. Still didn't work though, got this error after running the uninstaller:
    "Palm messaging was not completely removed. Do you want to remove it from the list of installed programs?"
    Whether I select yes or not at this prompt makes no difference, the program remains active. Is there maybe a way of running the uninstaller from within ActiveSync? I guess I don't mind hard-resetting the device that much, but there should be a way to clear this out?

Thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by error_911 View Post
    Malatesta - thanks for the quick response. Still didn't work though, got this error after running the uninstaller:
    "Palm messaging was not completely removed. Do you want to remove it from the list of installed programs?"
    Whether I select yes or not at this prompt makes no difference, the program remains active. Is there maybe a way of running the uninstaller from within ActiveSync? I guess I don't mind hard-resetting the device that much, but there should be a way to clear this out?

Thanks again
    ah yes, this happened to me too...though I thought it was because I had stuff opened.

Solution? Run the uninstaller again via the same method. Now it should remove (at least it did on the second try for myself...)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    ah yes, this happened to me too...though I thought it was because I had stuff opened.

Solution? Run the uninstaller again via the same method. Now it should remove (at least it did on the second try for myself...)
    If only that worked lol. Tried twice, with a soft-reset. Tried thrice with a soft-reset. Even tried four times, with no luck. Now it doesn't even look like I'm connecting to the TELUS SMS/MMS server at all, and am not getting any text messages. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
    Does anyone had the correct registry edit for SCROLL BAR...?
    This wm phm reg edit doesnt work on cdma treo pro...
    I want to clear up some more space on the today screen...

Navigate to HKey_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GWE\ and tweak the following values.
    cyHScr : Horizontal Scrollbars Height in pixels (default is 13)
    cxVScr : Vertical Scrollbars Width in pixels (default is 13)
    Device: Palm Pre
    EOS: Palm webOS 1.1.0 release date 7/23
    OSK: Linux
    IMS: 8GB

Device: Htc/Palm Monk
    Rom: Sprint stock/Flash EEPROM
    EOS: Microsoft WM 6.1 Professional
    EMS: 8GB micro sdhc
    Quote Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
    Does anyone had the correct registry edit for SCROLL BAR...?
    This wm phm reg edit doesnt work on cdma treo pro...
    I want to clear up some more space on the today screen...

Navigate to HKey_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GWE\ and tweak the following values.
    cyHScr : Horizontal Scrollbars Height in pixels (default is 13)
    cxVScr : Vertical Scrollbars Width in pixels (default is 13)

Do you mean real vga?

im assuming it the normal qvga,sprint stock I had not change to touch 2D screen or anything...the problem is i dont see cyHRcr...etc...to edit the default setting 13 to lower number...i just dont see to edit...

thx for the reply
    I cant get my email notification to work on my treo pro. all othes seem to be ok, alarm works. Every time I try to install the cab file it says installation unsecsesful. I have done soft resets, and did a hard reset, same problem. I tried to install regedit but it wont install eather. Is there a good registry edit program that will work with this phone? If I cant get it to work im going to return it.