Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Ah, that's the problem.
    You don't need to unzip cabs.
    Only if they have a zip extension ( *.zip )
    the *.cab can be copied as is from your desktop to your device, and then installed from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Ah, that's the problem.
    You don't need to unzip cabs.
    Only if they have a zip extension ( *.zip )
    the *.cab can be copied as is from your desktop to your device, and then installed from there.
    Thanks. Did not not know that.
  3.    #83  
    over 6000 downloads on ppcgeeks i figured i would share here as well....

Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    with all the flashing of roms and what not i figured i would share my cab.

this is a few reg edits that were found on a few sites. here is the main one... Essential Reg Tweaks: Faster device/Better battery life - SprintUsers.com

ppc link here... Battery Hacks.... - PPCGeeks

this all started on the Q but works on many WM devices. i have been running it on my mogul for quite a while. works great.

this is what is changes...

(copied and pasted)
    Speed Hacks

These have been posted elsewhere but the 3rd one listed here is never mentioned and often left out. A shame since it seems to have the most effect!

The following 3 hacks increase system performance and makes the Q more responsive:

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\
    Changed limit from 16384 to 32768

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS
    Changed - CacheSize to 4096

(NEW!) Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\StorageManager\Filters\f sreplxfilt
    Change “ReplStoreCacheSize” dword decimal value to 4096 or 8192 (edit: I find 4096 best, g-funk finds 8192)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Battery Life

A couple of us have tested this and found a nice increase in battery life. On my Treo 700 it seemed to do nothing but on the Q it greatly helped (I ran for 12 hours yesterday push email in a low signal environment and stayed at 4 bars battery--normally would have been at 2 or 3)

Quote:
    "...simple registry trick and hack that will enable power management on several communications protocols to save and conserve the battery life, and thus extend and prolong the battery of the Windows Mobile devices."

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\AsyncMac1\Parms
    Default value type and value are
    “DisablePowerManagement”=dword:1
    Change to
    “DisablePowerManagement”=dword:0

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Irsir1\Parms
    Change to

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\PPTP1\Parms
    Change to

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\L2TP1\Parms
    Change to

in the zip file below is a cab. move it to your device and tap to install. remember to wait one minute for reg changes to take effect and then do a soft reset.

enjoy, cody
    i have looked through the treo pro registry and all these "disable power managements" values are enabled. disabling them should give us a little more battery life.

cab file is the same as it's been for years. attached below for those who aren't ppcgeeks members.

enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Cody, just a quick thanks for cabbing up these registry mods, makes it really simple to install/uninstall!
    Hey Cody,
    I did a search, but to no success. Can you do a cab for the phone as a modem or the internet sharing app?
    Last edited by makad; 04/06/2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Mis spelt words, typos
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by makad View Post
    Hey Cody,
    I did a search, but to no success. Can you do a cab for the phone as a modem or the internet sharing app?
    i need a little more information.

what in the registry needs to be changed to enable this?

give me the information needed and i'll cab er up for ya, no problem.

Cody

the request should look something like this...

remove the "wireless" plugin from today screen.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Wireless". There you'll find a dword Enabled=1, set this to 0 to disable the Wireless plugin.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Being an amateur when it comes to registry edits, i don't know where to find the info, Cody. From reading the following forum, I don't think anyone has cracked the internet sharing/phone as a modem yet. A working hack doesn't exsist yet i guess. Could you check out this forum and see what you can do?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...t-sharing.html
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    Quote Originally Posted by bkranz View Post
    Fix found: got to Start -> Settings -> System tab -> Regional Settins -> Time tab-> Time Style = hh:mm:ss tt

Fixed mine like a champ. Does not force 24 hr time just the leading zero!
    Killer!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hi all...

Does anyone know the tweak to remove the WM battery meter? Can't seem to find a registery tweak that works with the Treo Pro!

Thanks
    Hey codyppc could you cab this up this makes the Program and settings menu list 5 instead of 3 in each column:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\
    Add New Key "IconConfig"

In there Add DWORD Value:
    "HorizontalIconSpacing" Dec value="56"
    "VerticalIconSpacing" Dec value="87"
    "IconTitleFontSize" Dec value="6"
    Also- what about the mute in call notifications? That would be really nice.

Cabbing these up are making for lazy users! No need for reg edits!
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Cody,
    I'm paying for IS w/my primary but by disabling wireless, my other Pro will be able to share with no problem?
    My 2 Pro's are replacement for my 800's & I tweaked the battery the same way with the 800's.
    Thank you Cody.
    I Love my Pro's more & more with all your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Hey codyppc could you cab this up this makes the Program and settings menu list 5 instead of 3 in each column:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\
    Add New Key "IconConfig"

In there Add DWORD Value:
    "HorizontalIconSpacing" Dec value="56"
    "VerticalIconSpacing" Dec value="87"
    "IconTitleFontSize" Dec value="6"
    It's a bit ugly to cross post

Posted the CAB for you HERE. But it does not work on the Treo Pro (GSM) with RealVGA.
    Is there a way to make the Today screen run as a program so I can assign it to a button press?
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    Is there a way to make the Today screen run as a program so I can assign it to a button press?

You can double tap the start button to get to today.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    You can double tap the start button to get to today.
    Thanks for the tip. Didn't know that.
  17. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Or press the End key once
    mccune, I'm using ebag's VGA & I use the 4x3 & it works fine in my Treo Pro's. Oh yea & I like It! yes I do.
    Me too, but my TP already shows 4 x 4 icons
    Last edited by mccune; 04/19/2009 at 03:55 AM.
    If you're talking 4 across & 4 down, well I'm at 4 x 10.5, & still growing!
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast