Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adamtmiller View Post
    Cody,

I used all 3 tweaks. Great stuff, thanks. But by removing the wireless plugin, I lost my Bluetooth on/off indicator. Do you know of a tweak to put a Bluetooth indicator in the title bar? I can't find one here or on ppc geeks.
    Thanks for the responses. I plan on trying TA.

Interesting note with the title_bar_date_time.cab I'm a Realtor and use software on my Pro to access lockboxes. It has a "splash screen" while loading that covers the entire display (including the title bar). The .cab was interferring with the program as it kept producing an error (must quit) message. Not a big deal to remove it. And I don't know how many other Realtors comb these forums but thought I would put the note out there.

Thanks again for the great work.
    Alltell Palm Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by climax View Post
    ... HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Inbox/Svc/SMS/MsgClasses
    delete 4 dword records related to MMS or Voicemail, leaving only IPM.SMStext dword and (Default) string - total 2 lines should be left.
    Another regedit is to change the name of SMS Inbox. I didn't like my Inbox called SMS/MMS (I never use MMS, remember?). Go to:
    HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Inbox/Svc/SMS and edit the String "FriendlyName". You can use any name, EG 'My incoming messages' or whatever....
    Changing the name worked great..Thanks.

1st part I couldn't find a "(Default)" string. I have the IPM.SMStext dword. There are five others (all 5 start w/ IPM.)flix pix pix.dr pix.nt pix.rr

Should I delete all 5? Is this someting that could be carrier specific?
    Alltell Palm Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    this is a cab that will allow you to control the wireless today screen plugin. this will allow you to use it just like all the other today screen plugins. enable it, disable it, move it to a different spot, whatever.
    How do I do it? I think I loaded it on to my Treo...I created a CAB folder and put it there. When I click on it it gives me the program in a Windows Explorer screen??
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleinx View Post
    How do I do it? I think I loaded it on to my Treo...I created a CAB folder and put it there. When I click on it it gives me the program in a Windows Explorer screen??
    i googled "how to cab files" and found this. How to Install CAB File Software to Pocket PC or Smartphone - Pocket PC Central Help Center

hope it helps, Cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by adamtmiller View Post
    ... Is this someting that could be carrier specific?
    I don't think it's carrier specific Adam but I'm not certain. Look at the screenshot - this is what should be left, the rest should be deleted. Once again, I've got no trouble whatsoever doing this tweak but it's always better to do back up prior to such changes. Good luck.

Do not do disable mms hack. 'New' option in SMS inbox stopped working with me for some reason. It worked fine for a week or more but now stopped. I need to investigate what could cause it but obviously this one is not so harmless as it seemed to be.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by climax; 03/24/2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: found problem
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleinx View Post
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...tall-into.html
    Just call me Berd.
    Cody,
    Here's one you might be interested in:

Enabling the Side Button on Treo Pro | TreoProTricks

Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I just tried ovan's hack and it works for me. I have voicecmd on "push side" and camera on "hold side". And the "push side" button shows up in the Buttons settings.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Cody,

I'd be really interested in the side button cab. Thanks!
    YEA!! Thank you so much
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Cody,

ok, this one allows you to assign your side button to open app on "PRESS". Default, the side button opened camera on "hold". now you have a second option "press".

this cab did not set the button to an app. once you install the cab, you will need to go to start/settings/buttons and scroll down to "Push Side" and pick which app you want to open with the "Push Side" button.

The request and link above showed the hack to enable voice command, but i felt many wouldn't want voice command, so i just left it blank. this hack just enables the option to assign the "push Side" button.

enjoy, Cody
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by codyppc; 03/24/2009 at 11:48 AM.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I would love to remove the keylock from the endcall button so that it just turns off. any Idea how to do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by climax View Post
    ...Look at the screenshot - this is what should be left, the rest should be deleted. ...
    My registry didn't have the "Default" string. I deleted everything except the IPM.smstext (after backing up). So far working great.

Thanks.
    Alltell Palm Treo Pro
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post
    I would love to remove the keylock from the endcall button so that it just turns off. any Idea how to do that?
    not that i know of, not yet anyhow. with each new device comes speical reg settings. the 800w and treo pro have a lot that is different. maybe someday people will find it.

i'm looking to cancel the "turn on flightmode" when power button is pressed and held. this drives me crazy. sometimes i push to long and my phone goes into flightmode. the old way of disableing this doesn't work on the treo pro.
    These .cab files are brilliant. Thank you for the time you invested in these.
    Sanyo 7800 (Sprint) > Dell Axim > Motorola E815 (Alltel) > Motorola Q (Alltel) > HTC PPC6800 (Alltel) > Palm Treo Pro (Alltel)
    Thx Cody. I love all of the work that you have done over at PPCGEEKS. Now that I have the treo pro (first treo ever) I have followed you over here.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by jtraveler View Post
    These .cab files are brilliant. Thank you for the time you invested in these.
    Quote Originally Posted by magnetiteNOSTRIL View Post
    Thx Cody. I love all of the work that you have done over at PPCGEEKS. Now that I have the treo pro (first treo ever) I have followed you over here.
    you guys are welcomed. i enjoy helping others.

i first started this on ppcgeeks and it was a big hit. registry edits can be scary for some and i just felt they shouldn't be left out. cabs are easy to install and the bast part is they are uninstallable if you dont like them. before i started doing this for others, i use to cab up my own and keep them on the sd card. when i would softreset it was easy to install all my hacks.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Cody,
    Most or all of my hacks have been due to you taking the time to do this for us that can't.
    Thanks Again for all you do you realy do help us out a lot.

Tim
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bacon225 View Post
    Cody,
    Most or all of my hacks have been due to you taking the time to do this for us that can't.
    Thanks Again for all you do you realy do help us out a lot.

Tim
    Absolutely! I couldn't agree more.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    This should be a sticky.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Thanks for all your hard work! 1 quick question. I used the cab to put the date over the time but I am finding that sometimes the last number in the date is sometimes covered up by the built in task manager on the far top right of the screen. I love this program for easily quitting open programs and don't want to remove it and can not find a pattern of when the date is shown correctly and when it is cut off. Anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas? Thank you again for the top notch work.

EDIT: Even when turning "quick menu" off and nothing is to the right of the date, it still appears to cut off the last # (for example if the date is 4/01, the 1 is half cut off) in the date. Any ideas or is anyone seeing a pattern of when this seems to happen?
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast