Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I never realized how much i actually used PIE 5 on my 800w till i was forced to wait 2 times as long for even simple mobile sights to load.

thankyou!
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
    I installed both the IE6 downgrade and Today WiFi removal cabs yest. This is the only out of the box software on my phone. My phone started freezing up last night while browsing; both the screen and buttons became unresponsive, and I had to soft-reset to recover. This happened again and after the 3rd time, I uninstalled the IE6 downgrade and soft reset. No issues since.

I only make a correlation with these cabs as I don't know what else could have caused this. I'll try installing the downgrade again later and see what happens.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    I installed both the IE6 downgrade and Today WiFi removal cabs yest. This is the only out of the box software on my phone. My phone started freezing up last night while browsing; both the screen and buttons became unresponsive, and I had to soft-reset to recover. This happened again and after the 3rd time, I uninstalled the IE6 downgrade and soft reset. No issues since.

I only make a correlation with these cabs as I don't know what else could have caused this. I'll try installing the downgrade again later and see what happens.
    the IE6 hack i found on xda. many people are using it and it seemed to have no adverse effects. the wireless one i found here from the gsm treo pro users with no bad side effects either. reg edits can have effects that show throught the OS, but the ones we did it these two hack should only effect the apps that they go to. so, internet browser and today screen should be the only two involved. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK

keep playing with it for a few days, if you dont have any problems for a while, install one of the two and see how it works for a few days. then try the other. hack and apps whould be installed in moderation so you can tell whats actually the confilcting app/hack. let me know when you find something. for the record, i use both with no problems wat so ever.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    My 2nd Favorite:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\nls\overrides]
    "SSDte"="MM/dd "

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell]
    "TBOpt"=dword:00000003

You get both Date & Time in Title Bar!
    cab below. softreset needed 60 seconds after install or uninstall.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    I still would love to see a hack that will move allt he scroll bars to the left side of the screen for us left handed people.
    One of the problems I have is a weak Sprint Signal at my office, my phones always "hunt", switching from Sprint to roaming, thus killing the battery in a matter of hours. The 800w had the option to Roam Only, which I used and worked well.

This .cab will add the "Roam Only" feature to the Treo Pro similar to the Treo 800w. Install the .cab, wait a minute and soft reset. Go to Settings/Phone/Services/Roaming/Get Settings and select "Roaming". This .cab was written for the Touch Pro, but works on the Treo Pro.
    Cody,

I used all 3 tweaks. Great stuff, thanks. But by removing the wireless plugin, I lost my Bluetooth on/off indicator. Do you know of a tweak to put a Bluetooth indicator in the title bar? I can't find one here or on ppc geeks.
    Alltell Palm Treo Pro
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by adamtmiller View Post
    Cody,

I used all 3 tweaks. Great stuff, thanks. But by removing the wireless plugin, I lost my Bluetooth on/off indicator. Do you know of a tweak to put a Bluetooth indicator in the title bar? I can't find one here or on ppc geeks.
    hmmmm. nope. good idea though it's beyond my skills. doesn't the led blink blue when bluetooth activated? lol.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman1 View Post
    One of the problems I have is a weak Sprint Signal at my office, my phones always "hunt", switching from Sprint to roaming, thus killing the battery in a matter of hours. The 800w had the option to Roam Only, which I used and worked well.

This .cab will add the "Roam Only" feature to the Treo Pro similar to the Treo 800w. Install the .cab, wait a minute and soft reset. Go to Settings/Phone/Services/Roaming/Get Settings and select "Roaming". This .cab was written for the Touch Pro, but works on the Treo Pro.
    nice post. added to the first post. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adamtmiller View Post
    Cody,

You can install Treo Alerts and configure it to use the billboard plugin which has a bluetooth indicator and a lot of other things.

I should have an update to it this weekend with beacon support.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/1462706-post2050.html
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    You can install Treo Alerts and configure it to use the billboard plugin which has a bluetooth indicator and a lot of other things.

I should have an update to it this weekend with beacon support.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/1462706-post2050.html
    I was just going to post that.
    TA is a must
    Just call me Berd.
  12.    #32  
    i didn't want him to get excited until TA was updated. still bluetooth icon in title bar would be cool to.
    First, I can't make cabs. So you need to do an old-fashioned registry edit if you want to achieve this. I didn't like the fact that, while in SMS/MMS Inbox, I had to go to New and then choose SMS out of 3 options when I want to compose new SMS. Since I never use MMS it was an annoying extra step. I've done the following edit and context menu now has 'single' "New" on top of it. Which means that (while in SMS inbox) you only need to hit Menu and the New. This will get you to the new SMS composing straight away.
    HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Inbox/Svc/SMS/MsgClasses
    delete 4 dword records related to MMS or Voicemail, leaving only IPM.SMStext dword and (Default) string - total 2 lines should be left.
    Another regedit is to change the name of SMS Inbox. I didn't like my Inbox called SMS/MMS (I never use MMS, remember?). Go to:
    HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Inbox/Svc/SMS and edit the String "FriendlyName". You can use any name, EG 'My incoming messages' or whatever. Being simple I used 'SMS'.
    I've done these tweaks few days ago and they don't cost any trouble (as long as you are like me and don't use MMS). But, as always, it's worth to do a backup before playing with registry.

Do not do disable mms hack. 'New' option in SMS inbox stopped working with me for some reason. It worked fine for a week or more but now stopped. I need to investigate what could cause it but obviously this one is not so harmless as it seemed to be.
    Last edited by climax; 03/24/2009 at 10:14 PM. Reason: found problem
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    remove the "wireless" plugin from today screen.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Wireless". There you'll find a dword Enabled=1, set this to 0 to disable the Wireless plugin.

cab attached. just uninstall through add remove programs if you want the wireless-carrier thing back.
    Since you're copying my text , you might consider publishing the cab files on the TreoProTricks website.
    Disable the Wireless today plugin | TreoProTricks
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    Since you're copying my text , you might consider publishing the cab files on the TreoProTricks website.
    Disable the Wireless today plugin | TreoProTricks
    my bad. i never claimed to be discovering these my self. i just searched and found them. i actually found it here on treocentral, but your right, it was just a link to your site. i'm sure you just found it somewhere too. lol.

I did put the "source" in the post where the cab is and made it link to your site. i always like to give credit where credit is due.

feel free to take any of my cabs and put them on your site. there free. lol.

i like to put everything on one site therefore when and if there updated/fixed i dont have to hunt them down on different sites. i would recommend just linking them to the original or at least checking periodicly to see if it has been updated/fixed. there have been many that have been fixed or added a reg key or so.

thanks, cody
  16.    #36  
    this is a cab that will allow you to control the wireless today screen plugin. this will allow you to use it just like all the other today screen plugins. enable it, disable it, move it to a different spot, whatever.
  17.    #37  
    i almost forgot. the alram notification bug fix.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    this is a cab that will allow you to control the wireless today screen plugin. this will allow you to use it just like all the other today screen plugins. enable it, disable it, move it to a different spot, whatever.
    I have the "other" cab fix that was posted which just removes if from the today screen. Is it ok to install this cab, too? I assume is just ads an option to the Today Screen items list?
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by msglsmo View Post
    I have the "other" cab fix that was posted which just removes if from the today screen. Is it ok to install this cab, too? I assume is just ads an option to the Today Screen items list?
    in english,

the first cab to remove it just changed "enable" from 1 to 0. the only way to reenable it was to go into the registry and change "enable" back to 1.

the new "control" cab changes a different value in the registry called "type". what i have done is changed the "wireless" plugin from a type 6 to a type 4. this type 6 doesn't allow the user to control the plugin via start/settings/today/items like you can other plugins. making it a type 4 will allow it to work like all the other plugins.

i didn't find this one. i just thought of it. through all of are mortscript development and the use of zbops billboard we were able to make scripts into today plugins. i got pretty good at the plugin part of it and was just thinking..." why just remove it when you can control it". i which i would have though be before i searched. i wouldn't have ever posted the first cab if i did. this thinking was from this post. i figured some people may want to use it sometime and not others. this will simply give them the option.

so, if you have the old one and want to install the new one, there will be no problems with the two together. infact, if you want the second one, you could uninstall the first one at anytime because the second one will do everything you need. i my self will stick with the first one, because i dont use bluetooth and will not ever want the "wireless today plugin" back.

hope this helps, Cody
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Thank you, Cody. I appreciate what you do!
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast