Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    IE6 Downgrade = makes IE6 more like PIE. Like it is on the 800w and 700w/wx.
    HKLM\Security\Internet Explorer\MSHTML=0

installing this will make IE6 more like PIE. uninstall it (just like any PPC program through the add remove programs list) will restore it back to IE6. no softreset needed.

note to self... hmmm, this would be a great little reg edit to put into a toggle button for those who wanted IE6 sometimes.

cab below for easy install.
    whats wrong with ie7?
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    Honestly, I haven't even read this article yet (or know if it works for the STP), but just happened to be reading this post and article at the same time-- Interesting, none the less:

How To: Install Windows Mobile 6.5 Right Now - Windows mobile 6.5 install guide - Gizmodo

There's also this to check out: CDMA Treo Pro Kitchen WM6.5 build 21857 - xda-developers
    isnt that only for HTC? and this thread is about Treo Pro..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkStranger2009 View Post
    isnt that only for HTC? and this thread is about Treo Pro..
    The Treo Pro is actually manufactured by HTC, and there is an unlocker and a few ROMs for the Treo Pro at the moment. I am currently running CFay's 6.5 v.1.0 ROM on my Treo Pro and am loving it.
    wow what a great thread, haven't looked at this in a while!
    where the hell is the cab??? you go to the first post and theres nothing... am i supposed to read thru the entire thread to look for this cab? or are there like multiple cabs posted? i thought hes going to put all the edits into 1 convinient cab..
    whats wrong with ie7?
    I think you mean IE6, which first debuted on the Treo Pro. PIE refers to IE 5.x.

PIE offer single column view, an option that was taken out of 6. The page navigation on 6 is done with a mouse cursor controlled by the d-pad. On PIE, the d-pad scrolls the focus up and down the page by link hopping. I find this way faster than moving a cursor.

The biggest advantage of 6 is Flash Lite. You can play Flash video inline. I mainly switch to 6 when I 'm using the Treo Pro with the Redfly, where the trackpad makes the mouse cursor useful. But if I'm browsing directly on the device, I prefer PIE is way more efficient.

With the IEToggle cab, you can switch between the two modes and get the best of both worlds.
    where the hell is the cab??? you go to the first post and theres nothing... am i supposed to read thru the entire thread to look for this cab? or are there like multiple cabs posted? i thought hes going to put all the edits into 1 convinient cab..
    The IEDowngrade cab is attached in the codyppc post you quoted, and the same post has a link to the IEToggle post. I'm not sure if codyppc is still actively maintaining this thread, or even still has a TP. Someone else posted another version of IEToggle in this thread to address a bug I pointed out.

Yeah, it would be nice if everyone would stick to their avocational projects, but sometimes real life gets in the way. In any case, scanning through an 11-page thread is hardly an overwhelming task. Some threads here run hundreds of pages.
    Hello,
    Will these CAB files work on Windows Mobile 6.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by tmotytn View Post
    How about a .cab to make the wifi stay on after the screen goes to sleep?
    You don't need a cab for this. It can be accomplished with your settings.
    1. go to comm manager.
    2. click on settings, and then click on "wireless Lan"
    3. Click on "Power Mode"
    4. In the connections area click "Always on"
    Now when the screen goes out the wi-fi will stay on.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makad View Post
    Now when the screen goes out the wi-fi will stay on.
    When I turn this setting on, Wifi goes off when my screen goes off, but it reconnects when the screen comes back on automatically. Are you sure that the Wifi stays on for you when you have this set? I can be downloading a large file in Opera and turn off the screen and the download stops because the Wifi disappears when set as you described.
    Is there any way to use Reg. edits to change the unlock message "Press center Key to unlock"... I was looking in the Screenlock field but it did not give me the option. It would be great if I can change it to what ever I want.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Thank you Cody!
    I'm changing to a Treo Pro from a 755p and these .cab's are really making the transition a little easier. I especially like the wireless and date fixes that allow me to keep the today screen less cluttered.
    --Nelson
    Agreed. I made the switch from 755p to Pro two days ago, and though I was verbally lambasted by my Pre-owning brother for "even considering" a WinMob device, I have to say I'm really pleased with the Pro. More pleased with it than I thought I'd be. The interface is not initially intuitive, but it makes sense now and I love these cab file edits you gents have developed.

Thanks a lot!
    thanks a lot, that .cab works for my treo pro, finally i can use my phone at home with roaming forever
    Thanks for this. One wonders why Palm doesn't just read this forum, and make sure new devices work right.
    the ie downgrade cab is a godsend for me...as ie6 doesn't work with my works intranet..so kudos to codyppc
    i'd just like to know the reg hack path this cab refers to so i can edit the registry myself..
    cheers
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    in english,

the new "control" cab changes a different value in the registry called "type". what i have done is changed the "wireless" plugin from a type 6 to a type 4. this type 6 doesn't allow the user to control the plugin via start/settings/today/items like you can other plugins. making it a type 4 will allow it to work like all the other plugins.

hope this helps, Cody
    Your .cab don't worked for me, I don't know why, but your explanation do the job great! I edited the Registry by hand following your words. Thanks a lot man!
    Quote Originally Posted by msglsmo View Post
    Thanks! That is perfect!
    great job, much appreciated
    very nice and simple....much appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman1 View Post
    One of the problems I have is a weak Sprint Signal at my office, my phones always "hunt", switching from Sprint to roaming, thus killing the battery in a matter of hours. The 800w had the option to Roam Only, which I used and worked well.

This .cab will add the "Roam Only" feature to the Treo Pro similar to the Treo 800w. Install the .cab, wait a minute and soft reset. Go to Settings/Phone/Services/Roaming/Get Settings and select "Roaming". This .cab was written for the Touch Pro, but works on the Treo Pro.
    Fantastic cab....makes life easier with more bars...my hats off to you! Next question is...how about a cab to disable the start up / shut down sound of the phone!
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast