Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    this may be a silly question, but does anyone know if its possible to flash the STP from wm6.1 to wm6.5, im very curious about this. thanx for cabbing up these reg edits too, i killed my 800w, i dont do reg edits haha
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unclen8 View Post
    this may be a silly question, but does anyone know if its possible to flash the STP from wm6.1 to wm6.5, im very curious about this. thanx for cabbing up these reg edits too, i killed my 800w, i dont do reg edits haha
    Honestly, I haven't even read this article yet (or know if it works for the STP), but just happened to be reading this post and article at the same time-- Interesting, none the less:

How To: Install Windows Mobile 6.5 Right Now - Windows mobile 6.5 install guide - Gizmodo

There's also this to check out: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=525091
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DarksAlphas View Post
    To get the message type/account menu to stop coming up when the message app button is hit change the entry below. When you hit the message app button, it goes straight to the last message type/account used. (sms/mms, email) To get to the next type, you just hit the message app button again.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings
    AcctPicker : 1 (default)
    Change to 0 for no menu

example: I have 2 email accts set up, but I rarely use them, I always use txt messaging. So now, I just have to hit the message app button once, to get to sms/mms, hit it again to go to my outlook acct, and a third time to go to my hotmail acct.

I don't know how to, but this should be able to be made into a CAB I believe.

** The only side effect I have come across so far is there is no notification that an email has come in. I am not sure that I ever had that though. I do get notified of txt messages. If you have messaging on your today screen, it will still update the number of unread messages.
    So, I kno Ive read through this thread more than once already and dont think I noticed it being addressed specifically...BUT, I'd like for the message button to go STRAIGHT to the Palm Messaging SMS view.
    I have the Palm SMS installed and now the Message button goes to a menu of Outlook email or Gmail that I setup on it.

I'm gonna assume its just mapping the button to Palm Messaging program, if so, then I'd like to just have the message button go STRAIGHT to my setup Gmail account then.

(All of which I'm sure I can figure out, but dont have time right now and wondered if others have done the same.)
    THanks again, cody for another quality thread
    Quote Originally Posted by jsraaf View Post
    Is anyone aware of a registry hack - or other method for that matter - to set the default view for the call history screen to speed dial? I saw that pressing the space bar while on the today screen brings you to call history, but I prefer to see my speed dials & don't really like having to drill down thru the menus to set that as the view on that screen. Thanks
    Trying to find the same thing, can't get a search result that helps. Hoped by setting the view in the phone app to 'speed dial' it would default there, but it keeps returning itself to 'calls and contacts', which includes speed dials after calls and before contacts. Too used to the POS one down click to favourites screen. That was so nice and simple....
    I am new to WM and the TP, been a long time POS guy. Lots of good info here, been able to pick up some great hints (and Treo Alert Pro!). Thanks to all those who are contributors for helping us newbies.
    Quote Originally Posted by RD13 View Post
    Trying to find the same thing, can't get a search result that helps. Hoped by setting the view in the phone app to 'speed dial' it would default there, but it keeps returning itself to 'calls and contacts', which includes speed dials after calls and before contacts. Too used to the POS one down click to favourites screen. That was so nice and simple....
    I am new to WM and the TP, been a long time POS guy. Lots of good info here, been able to pick up some great hints (and Treo Alert Pro!). Thanks to all those who are contributors for helping us newbies.
    As of now, hitting the green "send" button is the same as hitting the space bar. I wish one of them could bring up only the speed dial without the call history.
    cfendrick @ ppcgeeks posted the registry change that will give you the option "Mode of Operation" in settings --> phone --> services. This will allow you to force 1x. If you force EVDO it looks like you're unable to receive texts.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting\HiddenModeOperation Page
    Change value of "1" to "0"

Attached is the cab file.

Looks like it saves some battery life.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Current Device: Treo Pro

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    A quick question. What reg edit software is everyone using
    resco registry

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    thanks
    Hey can you make a cab file for this
    Create DWORD strings (with decimal values) for five columns:
    HorizontalIconSpacing = 60
    VerticalIconSpacing = 87
    IconTitleFontSize = 6

and this
    8. Enable greater bandwidth saturation during page download for an improvement in page load time
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
    Create DWORD strings (with decimal values):
    MaxConnectionsPerServer = 20
    MaxRequestThreads = 20

and if not can you please tell me how to create a DWORD String I need step by step instructions

thanks I appreciate it
    The Pro I got has the GPS locked from the company . Any chance anyone can come up with a tweak to unlock it or tell me how?

Thanks
    No Today Screen Lines

In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today add a new DWord key with name “HidePluginSeparators” and value 1

Soft-reset after the edit.

Unfortunately, The tray line at the very bottom stays.
    Last edited by onepeoplesproject; 09/23/2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Editing
    Quote Originally Posted by onepeoplesproject View Post
    No Today Screen Lines

In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today add a new DWord key with name “HidePluginSeparators” and value 1

Soft-reset after the edit.

Unfortunately, The tray line at the very bottom stays.
    I think i posted the cab file for this b4...if I didn't it's attached below
    Attached Files Attached Files

For those of you wanting to disable the dial pad sound.

I have created a cab file. enjoy!
    for those of us with the force roaming mod... it will re-enable the dialpad sounds everytime you go into start>settings>phone>services tab>roaming>get settings to force roaming on. the only way that i've found to truely kill the dialpad sounds is to edit the registry. navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds and rename all the keys that begin with "Dtmf"

for example a stock key value of "Dtmf1" would become "Dtmfone". a stock value of "Dtmf2" would become "Dtmftwo". works great for me so far. YMMV
    very nice job!!thank you !
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson19401 View Post
    the only way that i've found to truely kill the dialpad sounds is to edit the registry. navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds and rename all the keys that begin with "Dtmf"

for example a stock key value of "Dtmf1" would become "Dtmfone". a stock value of "Dtmf2" would become "Dtmftwo". works great for me so far. YMMV
    Another "thank you" from me.

I hate dialpad sounds, so I tried a couple apps that do the job. My problem is that those apps disable the sound from the pre-installed dialpad and I use iDialer, so my dialer kept its beeps. So I tried your tweak. Again, it works only for the factory dialer, BUT!! ... it got me to think(!) and go and find and tweak iDialer's registry. Changed only one setting there (volume from default 13 to 0) and I'm a happy man.

So thanks for your insparing post! LOL
    Last edited by Cheker; 10/02/2009 at 09:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I am using sktools as registery editer. When I do this tweak to registery edit. i dont understand how can i change the name. because it does not give me option to rename it. please help.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Cjohnson, Please help how to change the sounds name, to make sounds disable.

Thanks in advance.
    i cannot assist there as i do not use SKtools. maybe someone else here does and can help you??
    what version of phm registry tool should I download for a sprint tp? is it arm/pxa, etc.?
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast