Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Touch Pro can't do USB host yet either. The folks at XDA are still banging their heads trying to find a way. But we know it has been done within HTC. If ever figured out for the Touch Pro/Diamond, it may be something that can be used on the Treo Pro too.
    (Don't ask me how miniUSB drivers would work on a MicroUSB device, I'm just trying to offer a glimmer of hope.)

(Good thing I really don't have any need for it, but it would be nice to have.)
    There's lots of work on the Touch Pro and it's not going anywhere because the device doesn't have the hardware implemented to do it. I've also played with the Touch Pro. It's a dead end in my opinion. Lots of people claim it works for them, but none can tell us how they did it... they simply stop posting after saying "it works." It does not. The Diamond has support in it's diag. mode when booting, but they turn off the hardware when booting Windows Mobile, it seems (and they require external power... the Diamond does not supply its own power). There is hope on that one since the hardware needs to be turned on, again, but I need power for my needs so I moved on.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
    Really tempted to get the Pro....I have the 700p, held off getting the 800w....now what to do? Get the Pro, wait for the Pre? I'm not under contract.....
    Don't do it unless there's a specific feature you need. I went from the 700p to the Touch Pro, to the 800w and wish I still had my 700p. WM just takes more steps to get everything done. Entering a calendar entry or task takes more time. The display is not as efficient, I find myself not using the PIM functions of my phone as much because they're not as user friendly. The memos on Palm seem simplistic, but they're much more usable than notes on WM. Plus several 3rd programs I have, Daynotez, Bonsai, Splash Shopper are much better in the Palm versions. This may not be an issue for you but it is for me, you can only sync to one computer with WM. I synced my 700p to my work computer, laptop, and home computer without any problems.

It is nice having the wifi and gps on the 800w, but I don't use them that much. The contact lookup on the Today screen is a nice touch. I like the form factor a lot. But in the end, I'm sorry I made the switch.
    I used to have a 700p, but moved to WM Treos a while ago.

I have to say, hands-down, the Treo Pro is well worth it, assuming you need the functions.

The biggest benefit for WM is true multitasking...being routed by GPS and need to switch to the browser or update your calendar? Switches back and forth, no problem, without skipping a beat. And you can have your music playing in the background. And it's pretty darn stable.

I passed on the 800w because it was still a bit chunky for me, and figure something better was coming. The Treo Pro is thin, yet wide enough that it feels good in hand. And the battery life is good.

wi-fi and GPS are requirement for me. the 3.5mm jack makes it it good or music (I can't stand dongles). And with support for 32GB MicroSDHC is nice.

I also am exciting about the Pre, but it really is a "two-hand" phone, like most big screen smartphones. I went to a other non-keyboard and slider keyboard phones, and in the end, I always come back to the Treo - hands-down the king of one handed use, which I find to be very useful (especially when driving.)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    I used to have a 700p, but moved to WM Treos a while ago.

I have to say, hands-down, the Treo Pro is well worth it, assuming you need the functions.

The biggest benefit for WM is true multitasking...being routed by GPS and need to switch to the browser or update your calendar? Switches back and forth, no problem, without skipping a beat. And you can have your music playing in the background. And it's pretty darn stable.

I passed on the 800w because it was still a bit chunky for me, and figure something better was coming. The Treo Pro is thin, yet wide enough that it feels good in hand. And the battery life is good.

wi-fi and GPS are requirement for me. the 3.5mm jack makes it it good or music (I can't stand dongles). And with support for 32GB MicroSDHC is nice.

I also am exciting about the Pre, but it really is a "two-hand" phone, like most big screen smartphones. I went to a other non-keyboard and slider keyboard phones, and in the end, I always come back to the Treo - hands-down the king of one handed use, which I find to be very useful (especially when driving.)
    I agree on the one handed thing, that's why I didn't like the Touch Pro. The videos I've seen of the Pre show them using 2 hands, that worries me.

The multitasking isn't that important to me. With the 700p you could switch between apps quick enough (other than Blazer). Regular headphone jack would be nice, gps is nice but I only use it about once a month. When I think about what I really do with my Treo, most of my time is on PIM tasks and a few other apps and all of them seem better on POS.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234