Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    For the 800w the audio is low.

With the audio crank up on the Pro, I had to put my ear a little away. Its just too loud.

I had to put my BT at full blast when I am on the 800w. Now I have it at 1-2 notch down.
    Good to know about the BT volume. I was wondering about that.
    Well, I suffer from the latest and greatest syndrome and got the Tro Pro last night at a Sprint store. These are my early opinions in no particular order.

Dislikes
    1) I liked having my speed dial contacts as tabs like on the 800W along with my other presets
    2) I guess my face and hands produced more oil than OPEC considering the amount of oil and fingerprints on the Pro
    3) Some of the buttons seem pretty stiff like the Windows, "OK" - probably just needs some use.
    4) Don't know if I like the charger and sync cable set up. I'd rather have a dedicated charger but it's not a big deal.
    5) I'm use to physical soft keys at the bottom of the screen so I'm still looking for them even though they're part of the screen. Duh!
    6) I liked having the various options for webpages view when looking at website. Now I only have desktop and mobile so things don't fit on one page but see no. 4 below.
    7) Would have like better instructions.
    8) Internet is a little bit slower than the 800W.... i think. So, it's probably not much.
    9) I must look like a fool constantly wiping and polishing my Pro with an microfiber eye glass cloth.
    10) Difficult to get to the battery or storage card. Back cover's slippery.

1) Phone quality actually seems better than my 800W. Calls are louder and a little clearer.
    2) Battery life is a huge improvement. I've had it one for about 4 hours and I'm still at 80%. My 800W would be around 50%. So, I don't need to take my charger with me to work anymore.
    3) Syncing with my computer was easier than the traditional CD install
    4) I really like the ability to scroll up, down, left/right on a webpage with a finger stroke instead of using the D-button or the arrows. It's almost iPhone like.
    5) I like the feel in my hands and thinner size when in my pants or shirt pocket.
    6) Beautiful phone.
    7) Camera features seem improved.
    8) I can watch videos better than my 800W (usually crash or took a while to download)
    9) No need to do a soft reset like my 800W.

Overall
    I'm still getting use to it. I really thought it would be a 800W in an evening dress but there are a few difference I still need to learn and get use to. If I had to grade it and my experience so far, I'd give it an A.

I think some of the other reviews are correct - it's a trade-off so you pick and choose what's important for you. For me, it's a trade off between the 800W Today page vs. the Tre's better battery life.

Will I keep it beyond the 30 days? I don't know. I'll see how I feel after the new factor wears off. I have the Fair & Flexible plan so I'm quite sure I won't qualify for the rebate (those the store rep said I will). And, if the Pre is coming out soon, I may just go back to my 800W for a few more months and get the Pre, however, I really don't want to get the Simply Everything Plan...that may be a deal break and I'll just keep the Pro.
    Last edited by Agibbs996; 03/17/2009 at 06:47 PM.
    ^ good stuff there, thanks for that! are you a phonealarm user?
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    Quote Originally Posted by Agibbs996 View Post
    Well, I suffer from the latest and greatest syndrome and got the Tro Pro last night at a Sprint store. These are my early opinions in no particular order.

Dislikes
    1) I liked having my speed dial contacts as tabs like on the 800W along with my other presets
    2) I guess my face and hands produced more oil than OPEC considering the amount of oil and fingerprints on the Pro
    3) Some of the buttons seem pretty stiff like the Windows, "OK" - probably just needs some use.
    4) Don't know if I like the charger and sync cable set up. I'd rather have a dedicated charger but it's not a big deal.
    5) I'm use to physical soft keys at the bottom of the screen so I'm still looking for them even though they're part of the screen. Duh!
    6) I liked having the various options for webpages view when looking at website. Now I only have desktop and mobile so things don't fit on one page but see no. 4 below.
    7) Would have like better instructions.

1) Phone quality actually seems better than my 800W. Calls are louder and a little clearer.
    2) Battery life is a huge improvement. I've had it one for about 4 hours and I'm still at 80%. My 800W would be around 50%. So, I don't need to take my charger with me to work anymore.
    3) Syncing with my computer was easier than the traditional CD install
    4) I like the ability to scroll up, down, left/right on a webpage with a finger stroke instead of using the D-button or the arrows. It's almost iPhone like.
    5) I like the feel in my hands and thinner size when in my pants or shirt pocket.
    6) Beautiful phone.
    7) Camera features seem improved.

Overall
    I'm still getting use to it. I really thought it would be a 800W in an evening dress but there are a few difference I still need to learn and get use to. If I had to grade it and my experience so far, I'd give it an A.

I think some of the other reviews are correct - it's a trade-off so you pick and choose what's important for you. For me, it's a trade off between the 800W Today page vs. the Tre's better battery life.

Will I keep it beyond the 30 days? I don't know. I'll see how I feel after the new factor wears off. I have the Fair & Flexible plan so I'm quite sure I won't qualify for the rebate (those the store rep said I will). And, if the Pre is coming out soon, I may just go back to my 800W for a few more months and get the Pre, however, I really don't want to get the Simply Everything Plan...that may be a deal break and I'll just keep the Pro.
    Very Nice Review - Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
  5.    #45  
    Couple more issues...
    Anyone having trouble installing Skyfire? I had it on the 800w, but cant get it to go on the Pro.
    Also, why no emoticons in the text message app. And why no more text to landline option?
    There are things I prefer about the 800w, but it may be a thing of getting used too (keyboard most of all). The slick body of the Treo Pro is an accident waiting to happen. I aint dropped it yet but I know its coming. Its so slick it makes it hard for one hand ops. Otherwise I like it alot. So far no reset. I had to yank the 800w battery at least 3 times a day.
    Thanks for listening.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    to heck with it, i just placed an order for one. ugh, i'm addicted....
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu View Post
    to heck with it, i just placed an order for one. ugh, i'm addicted....
    But only 45 more days until the Pre comes out!
    Makad - Get a full body protector like BodyGuardz. It will make less slippery and easier to remove fingerprints.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Darnell,

I never got the BodyGuardz. I put a screen protector on and it got dust, so I kinda screw things up now.

Everyday, I have to wet a napkin and wipe my Pro. Why do they have to design it like this?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    wow did everyone decide to ebay their 800w? I am going to list mine soon, but they are dirt cheap.
  11.    #51  
    Sold my 800W for $200. I paid $246 for the Sprint Treo Pro, with taxes from Best buy. Also I won a gsm Treo Pro last year which I sold for $425 since I am with Sprint. Me thinks that I am still a head, until the pre comes out
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    Really tempted to get the Pro....I have the 700p, held off getting the 800w....now what to do? Get the Pro, wait for the Pre? I'm not under contract.....
    Well turns out my order got screwed up but that actually ended up being a good thing b/c the advantage club price has dropped $50 to $199 after $100 MIR and I needed to switch my number anyway to SF area code since I am moving. Had to pay up front with a credit card but thats not a big deal, same price and package otherwise and i can cancel my current line once the pro is activated next week. I hate waiting but I like saving.

Quote Originally Posted by we350z View Post
    i just put my order in under employee plan. $250 no contract unlimited plan + 30-day price guarantee. Can't wait to get my mits on it.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Treo 800w has USB host functionality, Treo Pro does not. Big downer for me (i.e. you can plug a USB flash drive into your 800w and it shows up as a hard drive... not so on the Pro).
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Have you try pluging in a USB portable 2.5" hard drive on the 800w and it works too?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    ^ that's sweet, I never knew that!
    Touch Pro can't do USB host yet either. The folks at XDA are still banging their heads trying to find a way. But we know it has been done within HTC. If ever figured out for the Touch Pro/Diamond, it may be something that can be used on the Treo Pro too.
    (Don't ask me how miniUSB drivers would work on a MicroUSB device, I'm just trying to offer a glimmer of hope.)

(Good thing I really don't have any need for it, but it would be nice to have.)
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnguy View Post
    Treo 800w has USB host functionality, Treo Pro does not. Big downer for me (i.e. you can plug a USB flash drive into your 800w and it shows up as a hard drive... not so on the Pro).
    thats totaly cool and I didn't know that. I'll have to get by with my 16gb micro sdhc...
    Absolutely LOVE the phone, coming from an 800W it's everything I want (for the most part). I love the flat screen vs. recessed screen the usability is so much better with your fingers. The screen itself seems better too (clarity) vs the 800w even though the resolution is the same (320x320). Half the thickness profile obviously goes without saying, and the more modern i-phonish look is quite desirable. The glossiness / finger print issue is kind of annoying. Would have been nice to get a matte version (maybe designer battery covers will come out). Of course I am still drooling over the 3.5" stereo plug after being one of the ones who soldered their own custom palm crapsets on the 800w.

Of course it's not perfect and has many of the same WM 6.1 related quirks that the 800W has. Though it seems like Microsoft has silently fixed some things. I also like the HTC task manager, and other subtle differences.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Have you try pluging in a USB portable 2.5" hard drive on the 800w and it works too?
    It should. You can use a powers hub for devices that need more than 100 mA or if the device can run off external power, use it.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast