Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Ok guys I am just wondering, I have used Treos in the Palm version for years, lastly the Centro, I now have an HTC Touch which I love, but I would like to know why you would rather have the Pro then say a MotoQ, the Q runs 6.1 but is not a touch screen, I know that but once you got used to the non touch...what ever.
    Thanks
    Terry
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
    Ok guys I am just wondering, I have used Treos in the Palm version for years, lastly the Centro, I now have an HTC Touch which I love, but I would like to know why you would rather have the Pro then say a MotoQ, the Q runs 6.1 but is not a touch screen, I know that but once you got used to the non touch...what ever.
    Thanks
    Terry
    I came from a Moto Q9h to the Treo Pro. The Q9h has a better keyboard and slightly better RF reception but the Treo Pro wins in every other category that I can think of. The Treo Pro is much more customizable, has the 3.5mm headphone jack, and the touchscreen is very nice and makes the device much more usable. The Treo Pro has WiFi which the Q9h lacks, and SlingPlayer Mobile runs WAY better on the Treo Pro than on the Moto. The Q9h had a bug that appeared with the upgrade to WM 6.1 Standard where trying to play "All Music" in Windows Media Player caused the device to lag a lot - the Treo Pro handles this fine.

I loved the Q9h but the Treo Pro is a far better device.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    I am a Moto Q fan too, but the post above sums up why the Pro, for now, is the better device.
    Moto Q fan here too, but I love the Treo Pro hands down.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, I have never even held the MotoQ, so just wondering, it looks like a good device but like I said never even held one.
    Thanks again
    Terry
    The q9h was just a little too wide for me.
    I feel the Treo Pro is most definitely the better device all around.

And both the car and wall chargers work from the q9h.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    The q9h was just a little too wide for me.
    I feel the Treo Pro is most definitely the better device all around.
    I had the same feeling about the Samsung Saga. Too wide and tall. The Treo Pro feels just right for size.
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
    Plus the smartphone is substantially toned down versus the full wm os.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Plus the smartphone is substantially toned down versus the full wm os.
    In some ways. The Smartphone version does have the sliding panels homescreen along with the ability to select and delete multiple emails at the same time. It does have a few advantages over WM 6.1 Pro.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
    Thanks
    Terry
    For me it is all about reception... after all these things are phones... but some people the pda function is more important than being able to make a call at say wal-mart. I can with my q9c... I wish moto made a phone in a touch screen in the same form factor.

Then again, my situation has changed, so reception may not be such a big deal for me anymore...

On the fence on the pro... think I'll wait to see first reactions on the pre, then decide.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I have the Q9c with Sprint. I really liked it at first (had it since Jan 08) but if you don't use a memory card the phone slows down...a lot. I also don't even have any music on the phone. I now have a refurbished device due to an insurance claim and performance is a little better but I am eagerly awaiting the Pre so I can get rid of the Q.
    i had a q for a long time, it was a tank. both phones have their little qwerks but the features are better on the pro. touchscreen probably being the biggest thing and coming from a 800w i am excited to get a 3.5mm jack as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    For me it is all about reception... after all these things are phones... but some people the pda function is more important than being able to make a call at say wal-mart. I can with my q9c...
    I wish moto made a phone in a touch screen in the same form factor.

...clip...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/ot...c-jobsite.html
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I am supposed to get one of those next winter for work. Should be interesting.

Edit: We are going with a MC 75: http://www.motorola.com/Business/US-...Computers/MC75
    Last edited by jac6695; 03/17/2009 at 02:19 PM.
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
    My first smartphone was a Q from Alltel. I ran that thing into the dirt. I knew the Lime Q9c was coming soon, but a new phone was badly needed so I upgraded to the HTC PPC6800 (Mogul).

That was an okay phone. I enjoyed the WM 6.1 Pro and the touchscreen interface, but the simplicity of the Q and it's one-handedness was sorely missed.

As luck would have it, the HTC died on me as well, so I had three options;

1) Purchase an Alltel HTC Touch Pro (I wasn't going anywhere near the Verizon version.)
    2) Purchase the Palm Pro Treo that Alltel surprised the world with (afterall, isn't the company kinda toast now?).
    3) Switch to Verizon and find me a Motorola Q9n on Ebay to take advantage of both cdma and gsm (a plus for me).

I chose the Treo Pro from Alltel because I didn't want to join Verizon, and despite the coolness of the HTC Touch Pro, the reasons I loved my original Q so much outweighed the slide out qwerty touch screen.

My opinion of the Treo Pro is awesome. Everything the Moto Q was lacking is here and I still have all the capabilities of my old HTC PPC6800. Even flash.

I would love to see a webOS version of this phone surface in the future. I would have to probably stay a Palm Treo Nerd for life.
    As I found out, The form factor is better than the Q, but the software of the Q is much better, and easier to use. Setting ringtones is a chore of the Pro, no Profiles feature, no way (that I can tell yet) to set ringtone volume, and no PIM synchronization via Bluetooth Manger (the Bluetooth Manager of the Pro is a joke). I am really trying to give this phone a chance but every single disgruntling problem that I run into is the lack of a basic feature found in WM6.0 Standard on my Moto Q, and one would think WM6.1 Pro would at least match if not beat WM6.0 Standard.
    OK, I figured out how to change the ringer volume. Quite easy so I'm a little happier now Next challenge is to figure out how to completely power the phone off.
    Am I going crazy here or can I not completely power off the phone or restart it without taking off the battery door?
    Quote Originally Posted by motoq4life View Post
    Am I going crazy here or can I not completely power off the phone or restart it without taking off the battery door?
    Wow. You are not going to be happy with the Treo Pro. Maybe you should go find an early unupdated Moto Q9c?

The soft reset is located poorly, I will admit. I would have preferred a location more easily accessible as soft resets are anorm for WinMo phones. The ability to not power down is also a slight nuisance, but not bothersome. The Com managers ability to turn off the radio is more than adequate. Plus, I like having the rest of my phones features at my fingertips while the radio and data is off.
    I already see that I might not be happy. I am giving this phone one week to win me over. If it doesn't, it was nice hanging out with you guys in anticipation for the phone, and you are great support group as well. Honestly I feel quite sadden more than mad. But I'll give it as reasonable chance.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast