Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Hello All,

I love LogMeIn. I have it running on the 4 computers I frequent all the time. One of my favorite things about it is that it is (or rather was) compatible with Windows Mobile. Well, it is only compatible with the older versions of PIE. With the new PIE that ships on the Treo Pro the LogMeIn client will not load.

I desperately need to figure something out.

I cannot use RDP or VNC because one 3 of the 4 computers I do not have static IP's, which is why LogMeIn was so great.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Can you somehow make your PC broadcast or email you the IP address like every hour and you go to email and check it?

Then use Mobile Window Remote Desktop to get in? Its Window? Yes!

Side note, I love LogMeIn. Somehow on my company, if it is https, its unblocked. So I am able to remote to my home PC from work any time and day I want. Yes!
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Well the PC wouldnt see the IP, it would have to check the router IP, but either way, I use a Sprint AirCard on 3 of the 4 computers and it changes WAY to often to make that work, Thanks for the suggestion though Chong.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    You would have to use DynDns.org client to keep track of your IP address for you. Just install the client on each desktop and they will report their IP address automatically back to DynDns. Then you register each one to DynDns.org to get a DNS name for each. Something like PC01.homeip.net. Then you can use VNC to get to it.

That sucks that logmein doesn't work with IE6. I use it on my diamond from time to time and it is nice to have.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    You could try installing PIE5 but I don't know if it will work. I also recommend a full backup as this may cause the need for a hard reset.

Here is a link to the cab file for PIE5:
    xda-developers - View Single Post - new PIE of WM6.1
    Any other browser for WM/TP which works with logmein?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Hey Chris-

Problem solved- Use codyppc's IE toggle, My logmein wouldn't work with IE6 either, but when I used cody's utility to toggle to PIE it worked the same as on my 700WX.

Mark

PS Thanks codyppc!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    You would have to use DynDns.org client to keep track of your IP address for you. Just install the client on each desktop and they will report their IP address automatically back to DynDns. Then you register each one to DynDns.org to get a DNS name for each. Something like PC01.homeip.net. Then you can use VNC to get to it.

That sucks that logmein doesn't work with IE6. I use it on my diamond from time to time and it is nice to have.
    DynDns is the best thing ever. I use it as it updates regularly for my Slingbox and PalmVNC. It should work for you for logmein and it's very easy to setup.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Is there a VNC viewer for WM?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Is there a VNC viewer for WM?
    Several, I like MochaVNC best, not free but works pretty well.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I had forgotten I had made this thread.

I figured out a way to do this.

First, I use dyndns(dot)com which offers a free DDNS service that is compatible with my router.

If this is not compatible with your needs, you can also use a software program offered at www(dot)no-ip(dot)com which i used and works very well.

Then I use TurboVNC on my home PC's and Mocha VNC on my STP.

Awesome combo.

This gave allows me to VNC to 3 of the 4 computers. For the 4th, cody's PIE toggle (although to be honest yet I have not had a chance to trie it with Logmein yet).