1.    #1  
    I am trying not to go the StyleTap route, but I may have to if a suitable solution isn't found. I have a lot of data in the PalmOS program List and I am trying to move "it" to my new Pro. I have found a program that can dump the data into CSV files, but I am trying to find a WM program, somewhat of an equivalent to List or something of that ilk, that'll import my data. I guess the assumption is that this program would have to have desktop component as well (to do the importing). I have been searching for days, to no avail. HELP!!!!

-- Leee
    what kind of data?
  3.    #3  
    basically my CD collection. I have several databases. 1 is all the CDs. Another is all the CDs and the reviews from allmusic.com and the third is specific artiste and a sorta mini bio. Confusing:

Since list program's database has only 3 fields, the databases are arranged as follows:

all_cd_collection:
    field_1: name artiste
    field_2: number of albums
    field_3: list albums

review_cd:
    field_2: name album
    field_3: review description

bio_database:
    field_2: instrument of artiste
    field_3: biographic info

I basically have a million Jazz CDs/LPs that I've accrued over the years, so don't want to reinvent the wheel with this. If there is a CD/DVD program that could import this stuff, great. If not, I may have to go to styletap. Thanks in advance and let me know if this stuff is too confusing and you need more info. Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leee View Post
    basically my CD collection. I have several databases. 1 is all the CDs. Another is all the CDs and the reviews from allmusic.com and the third is specific artiste and a sorta mini bio. Confusing:

Since list program's database has only 3 fields, the databases are arranged as follows:

all_cd_collection:
    field_2: number of albums
    field_3: list albums

review_cd:
    field_2: name album
    field_3: review description

bio_database:
    field_2: instrument of artiste
    field_3: biographic info

I basically have a million Jazz CDs/LPs that I've accrued over the years, so don't want to reinvent the wheel with this. If there is a CD/DVD program that could import this stuff, great. If not, I may have to go to styletap. Thanks in advance and let me know if this stuff is too confusing and you need more info. Cheers!

I was listening to 180gm press of Steely Dan Aja this morning, then Al Green, then Toto. I have a Rega TT. Gotta love analog!

Still cant tell what you are trying to do. Cant this info (outside of ther eviews) be contained in the mp3 tags that any player could recognize?

What program do you want to use for playback?
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  5.    #6  
    There is obviously some miscommunication ) Imagine you have an Access database with with say 3 fields and you want to move the data into another application. Normally you dump it as a CSV file and then you import it into the other application. Voila done.

Basically I have information about my music collection stored in a database (List from PalmOS) and I need to move it to an equivalent WM software. Basically I have my collection and then I have the software that describes all that I have (essentially a catalogue of all Jazz I own).

@ Berd, I perused the list you suggested, but nothing there seems to be what I needed. There must be some CD/DVD cataloging software that has a desktop importing component? I searched the forum but nothing.
    Sorry,
    I guess I should of read your post.
    I only read the title
    The answer to your question is HandBase. Very powerful relational database that will sync with Access or its own desktop companion. It can import or export CSV files.
    DDH Software - HanDBase Database Manager for Palm OS, Windows Mobile Classic, Standard and Professional, Symbian S60 and UIQ, BlackBerry and iPhone and iPod Touch
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  8.    #9  
    I give it a shot. Cheers!
    I use HanDBase extensively ad it works well with WM, though WM does not provide the "halo" feature for the current cursor position.