1.    #1  
    Does anybody have any thoughts? I have to switch to a windows mobile phone for work and have waited and waited and w......... for the treo pro form factor. How much will I miss my blackberry?
    Quote Originally Posted by seajuice View Post
    Does anybody have any thoughts? I have to switch to a windows mobile phone for work and have waited and waited and w......... for the treo pro form factor. How much will I miss my blackberry?
    i would say you'll miss it a lot. i have left blackberry a few times only to go back.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I like the BB 8900 form factor. But the software thing ... I already had paid for a few Window software.

I see it got GPS software and Remote Desktop for PC.

Sorry if I say this also, there is not much warez activity on BB. (See no evil, hear no evil, OK?)
    Last edited by chong67; 03/14/2009 at 08:37 AM.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by seajuice View Post
    This is my situation on one line too. I love the push email by Blackberry, but the threaded SMS messages is huge improvement for me to consider. Also, the Curve seems slow to respond at times. When viewing Sprint TV (CNN) and I press stop the phone does not react even after fives pushes to end the task. This is my second BB as the first was really buggy.

As far as website viewing, the Curve/8330 or 8830 Blackberry wins until I can test the Pro. I will get a Treo Pro in a couple of days and will see. I hope people will comment on the OP's question.
    Quote Originally Posted by INTERNATIONAL View Post
    This is my situation on one line too. I love the push email by Blackberry, but the threaded SMS messages is huge improvement for me to consider. Also, the Curve seems slow to respond at times. When viewing Sprint TV (CNN) and I press stop the phone does not react even after fives pushes to end the task. This is my second BB as the first was really buggy.

As far as website viewing, the Curve/8330 or 8830 Blackberry wins until I can test the Pro. I will get a Treo Pro in a couple of days and will see. I hope people will comment on the OP's question.
    I was going from the Palm OS to either BB or the Pro, so went through a long research and decision making process (that's just the way I am). I've never had a BB, so can't comment. But we have MS Exchange Server at work and if I went with a BB I would not have all the functionality I have with the Mobile Win. I hear that BB is better because of the push email - but with the exchange server we have true push email (I often get it on my phone before it shows up on my computer when I'm in the office!). All functions are synced except Notes (which I used, but now work around). The form function on the BB's were far superior to what I'd had with Palm (and I like Palm). But that difference went away on the Pro - excellent unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsPalm View Post
    I was going from the Palm OS to either BB or the Pro, so went through a long research and decision making process (that's just the way I am). I've never had a BB, so can't comment. But we have MS Exchange Server at work and if I went with a BB I would not have all the functionality I have with the Mobile Win. I hear that BB is better because of the push email - but with the exchange server we have true push email (I often get it on my phone before it shows up on my computer when I'm in the office!). All functions are synced except Notes (which I used, but now work around). The form function on the BB's were far superior to what I'd had with Palm (and I like Palm). But that difference went away on the Pro - excellent unit.
    How is website viewing? Sprint TV? Or viewing any website with video capability? MSNBC? Is that function good?
    Quote Originally Posted by INTERNATIONAL View Post
    How is website viewing? Sprint TV? Or viewing any website with video capability? MSNBC? Is that function good?
    Website viewing is fine. But video isn't important to me ... so can't really offer an opinion there.
  8.    #8  
    I never really used the video or the Sprint TV. Email is great form and functionality I love. Have not had any problems with BB in 10 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsPalm View Post
    Website viewing is fine. But video isn't important to me ... so can't really offer an opinion there.
    ok, I travel a lot and it would help pass the time if video viewing was decent.
    I love Treos and I love the Treo Pro, but I dont really know if the BB has a superior keyboard (have never owned a BB). I only go to places like phone stores to compare my Treo Pro or Nokia E71 against the BB they have there and always the BB's KB looks and feels better and tactile and dont get me wrong, I also love Palm Treo devices and I felt in love with the Treo Pro since I first saw the pre-released images.