1.    #1  
    Anyone know if its possible to use the browser from the Treo Pro on the 800w? I heard it is updated?
    MS has not provided any "upgrade" to do it. It's built into the ROM of the Sprint Treo Pro, meaning you'd need an 800w customized ROM. There are no 800w custom ROMs.
    I am pretty sure I saw a cab for it on xda. Try google.
    If you are able to find it, you're likely to hit a brick wall as the IE6 needs a TON of memory, likely more than is available even with nothing installed at all on an 800w.
    Of course these threads I'm going to link to in this comment are best read in full, but here's a comment from XDA's Treo Pro forum on the topic.

The Engadget story about the Sprint Treo Pro implied that IE6 wouldn't be able to be put into a CAB due to a large "footprint". It will likely take a new ROM - given the lack of XDA interest in the Treo Pro we may have to hope that Palm updates the ROM for the unlocked GSM Treo Pro.
    That's what the folks with GSM Treo Pros are facing.

And if you find an IE 6 cab over on XDA, you might want to handle it with extreme caution. Because XDA moderator "NotATreoFan" says:
    There are CAB files of IE6 floating around on XDA, but they don't work for 99% of the people who try them.

IE6 is very difficult to CAB up because of how deeply integrated into the OS core it is. Also, you need to be running a ROM based on specific OS builds.
    While he's obviously "Not a Treo fan", he's very much an HTC fan and that last comment comes from the XDA Touch HD forum. He has a Touch Pro, so I think if there was a CAB worth using he'd know about it.

(I think you see the tone over there regarding Treos. You guys should not look to XDA for much. You should seek to better your Treos here at TC.)
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I would have trouble believing the 800w wouldn't have enough memory for IE6, it runs just fine on the custom rom for the 700wx.
    Hey stay w/it & keep looking. If the Pro is an updated 800 than I think something will come around for our 800's.
    Quote Originally Posted by wwejason View Post
    If you are able to find it, you're likely to hit a brick wall as the IE6 needs a TON of memory, likely more than is available even with nothing installed at all on an 800w.
    The 800w has more available RAM than the Treo Pro, and certainly far more than enough storage space to hold an IE6 install.