1.    #1  
    Forgive me if this has been answered.

I am looking to get the Sprint Treo Pro. My wife went with the pinkstink about 3 weeks ago and is not to happy with it. we went to the sprint store to look at the HTC touch pro and the salesperson made the mstake of showing her a Treo Pro. She instantly like it but the salesperson didnt have an exact date as to when they would have them in stock. Needless to say she has to return her pnkstink and go back to her pnk centro if a Pro cannot be had now.

ANyone can direct me in the right direction? The spritn site doesnt list it and the salespersons notes said the release date was yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Forgive me if this has been answered.

I am looking to get the Sprint Treo Pro. My wife went with the pinkstink about 3 weeks ago and is not to happy with it. we went to the sprint store to look at the HTC touch pro and the salesperson made the mstake of showing her a Treo Pro. She instantly like it but the salesperson didnt have an exact date as to when they would have them in stock. Needless to say she has to return her pnkstink and go back to her pnk centro if a Pro cannot be had now.

ANyone can direct me in the right direction? The spritn site doesnt list it and the salespersons notes said the release date was yesterday.
    Official release date is this Sunday, 3/15.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    I do believe Best Buy is selling them now but you will shell out an extra $50.00. It's best to wait a couple more days
    Quote Originally Posted by patkosanke View Post
    I do believe Best Buy is selling them now but you will shell out an extra $50.00. It's best to wait a couple more days
    Well, let me say this. BB is selling them but that is subject to where/location and who the rep is. If you can print out a Sprint Treo Pro ad that says its being sold for $199 (upgrade or new customer) you can get it assuming that BB is willing. So to the OP, where are you located? If in Kansas there are a couple of stores. If in NY, you may have some luck NOT Union Sq. until March 15th. Thats my two cents as I have been trying to get it myself. Good luck and I hope I helped you some.
    Last edited by INTERNATIONAL; 03/13/2009 at 11:08 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the info. I'm in Orlando so I guess BB is a no for me.

I really didn't want to try looking to much on either Blazer or Opera right now to try and find the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm in Orlando so I guess BB is a no for me.

I really didn't want to try looking to much on either Blazer or Opera right now to try and find the answer.
    I had good luck at BB in Portland. Are there no BB in your area. I believe they will price match any lower price that Sprint gives. I'll find out when Sprint finally starts selling them.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I called telesales and it's available, if you want to go that route.
  8.    #8  
    Success!

You got it from the Sprint store with the matching case?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  10.    #10  
    yeah its the seidio one with the belt clip
    My local store put it in stock today and its currently in my coat pocket

at a first glance:
    significantly smaller than 800w,
    IE 6 is as bad as Deiter and Mal say,
    much better in the hand,
    keyboard is so/so,
    gps is an order of magnitude better

all and all its a much needed improvement over the 800w, I just wished palm had kept the lil tweeks to WinMo that was in the previous incarnations.
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
    The local Best Buy Store in Hoover, AL has the STP on display and available for upgrade price of $249. I haven't checked the nearby Birmingham stores.
  13.    #13  
    I got it for 199.99 at one of the local Sprint stores. It was actuallt cheaper than the pinkstink it replaced. This is my farst time dealing with windows but this Pro is pretty snappy even with 4-5 open programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    The local Best Buy Store in Hoover, AL has the STP on display and available for upgrade price of $249. I haven't checked the nearby Birmingham stores.
    I would print out a copy of a STP offer for $199 and take it to the BB store. They should match the offer. I was told that from a BB rep in NYC.
    I went to another BB (Crabtree) in Raleigh, NC and they are not selling the phone until Sunday, and its $200 for a new contract.
    Woo hoo! Got mine today at Sprint in Warwick, RI on Bald Hill Road near the now empty Tweeter building. The salesperson said I was the first person to ask for it, he actually JUST put the phone and sign out right before I got there.

(Please give them your business if you are close, they deserve it - they are consistently excellent there: polite, never make me feel stupid, and take their time with me. And they are knowledgeable!)

So far I love it - it looks much nicer than the pictures say, and while a little bit light, feels good in your hand. I see what people say about the keyboard, the only problem I have with it is the numbers and letters are hard to read because the angle of the clearness makes them almost look 3D.

The screen is sharp, crisp, and beautifully bright and clear. Much nicer than the 800w. It's also zippy, like others said, it seems to be able to have lots open with no lag.

I LOVE that Remote Desktop for Mobile is back - I SO missed this in my 800w, I am probably one of the three of us that actually used it.

That's about it, I've only had it for a few hours, so nothing else to report. I'm thrilled so far, though. It's just a gorgeous phone. I paid $327 for it, with a coupon for a $100 mail-in rebate.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    You didnt know you can install Remote Desktop even if it is not there?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    You didnt know you can install Remote Desktop even if it is not there?
    No, I didn't! Searching for MP3 players and UI utilities was WAY more important.
    Congrats on the new Treo Pro, Old Hatch