Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. UCFgrad05's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
       #1  
    800w off the Sprint website...

    Dead? No other carrier sells it.

    It IS still on the Palm website though.
  2. #2  
    Yea it went EOL since the Pro launches on the 15th.
  3. #3  
    But they took it off the web site before even putting up the replacement. The 800w EOL was slated for April. Given what I found to be some misrepresentations I don't blame Sprint, but I'm surprised with such a short time left they decided to take it off the web site now.

    Oh well, less than a year, still no ROM update and off Sprint's web site already. My first WM device, fading away...
  4. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by UCFgrad05 View Post
    800w off the Sprint website...

    Dead? No other carrier sells it.

    It IS still on the Palm website though.
    Yes Its gone,
    Wonder what I will get if I choose to replace my 800w using the insurance plan.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Yes Its gone,
    Wonder what I will get if I choose to replace my 800w using the insurance plan.
    Without starting a catfight, my store says a huge number were returned. they cannot legally sell those as new, but if true, and I think this is credible they have have a huge stock for insurance replacements.
  6. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #6  
    I wonder what my 800w will be worth when I sell it in the coming weeks.

    Really have to prey on uninformed customers.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Yes Its gone,
    Wonder what I will get if I choose to replace my 800w using the insurance plan.
    Sprint always has enough stock on any phone for 9-12 months for insurance replacements.

    They're not dumb and realize people will suddenly "break" their phone in a vain attempt to get the latest. Put another way, up till recently they still had 700wx replacements available, mogul's are a aplenty and it's the reason why everyone's deductible is going up to $100 in April.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  8. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Sprint always has enough stock on any phone for 9-12 months for insurance replacements.

    They're not dumb and realize people will suddenly "break" their phone in a vain attempt to get the latest. Put another way, up till recently they still had 700wx replacements available, mogul's are a aplenty and it's the reason why everyone's deductible is going up to $100 in April.
    Thanks Mal,
    This one is the third one I am having. First one had GPS issues and speaker died on second one. First one was given by SPRINT. Second time , SPRINT played a game and forced PALM to pay for the replacement. The speaker will not comeback even after couple of hard resets.
    Do you think I have a case if I say that I need another windows mobile phone but not 800w ?
  9. #9  
    A legtitmate reason should not be a problem. I had 3 800W devices go bad (2 key board and 1 boot screen) and had not a problem at all in being placed with a Touch Pro. The first Touch Pro was replaced because it refused to turn on; the 2nd Touch Pro has been fine.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Thanks Mal,
    This one is the third one I am having. First one had GPS issues and speaker died on second one. First one was given by SPRINT. Second time , SPRINT played a game and forced PALM to pay for the replacement. The speaker will not comeback even after couple of hard resets.
    Do you think I have a case if I say that I need another windows mobile phone but not 800w ?
    Yeah as BC says above, if you return any phone enough times eventually they'll offer to swap it out to something different/comparable. It's kinda hit and miss and more often depends on the CS rep than any written/unwritten policy, but it certainly doesn't hurt to try.

    Just don't be too pushy or make it look like you're trying to get a free upgrade. As noted before, it's not uncommon for CS reps to mark down on your file that you're trying to haggle them into a new phone

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  11. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    A legtitmate reason should not be a problem. I had 3 800W devices go bad (2 key board and 1 boot screen) and had not a problem at all in being placed with a Touch Pro. The first Touch Pro was replaced because it refused to turn on; the 2nd Touch Pro has been fine.
    Lucky you.
    Thanks for sharing the info. I still want to hold on to it.
  12. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yeah as BC says above, if you return any phone enough times eventually they'll offer to swap it out to something different/comparable. It's kinda hit and miss and more often depends on the CS rep than any written/unwritten policy, but it certainly doesn't hurt to try.

    Just don't be too pushy or make it look like you're trying to get a free upgrade. As noted before, it's not uncommon for CS reps to mark down on your file that you're trying to haggle them into a new phone
    Thanks Mal,
    I might want to hold on to it for a while. I had a little accident this week.
    Spilled yogurt on my 800w keyboard. The keys were stuck. First I wiped the liquid then scraped the dried crust :-). Pressed the keys multiple times.
    The key board was back to normal after two days.

    I love this little phone.My only complaint is the screen size. Only if I had a 3 inch screen !!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Thanks Mal,
    I might want to hold on to it for a while. I had a little accident this week.
    Spilled yogurt on my 800w keyboard.
    lol, sorry that's kinda funny

    I'm sure you'll be able to exchange it, so long as the "water" stickers inside the device weren't activated

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    A legtitmate reason should not be a problem. I had 3 800W devices go bad (2 key board and 1 boot screen) and had not a problem at all in being placed with a Touch Pro. The first Touch Pro was replaced because it refused to turn on; the 2nd Touch Pro has been fine.
    Funny... I thought your 800 was replaced by your beloved BB device... or something another... now we all know you have a touch pro... not a thread goes by without you mentioning it. It is really strange behavior on your part...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Funny... I thought your 800 was replaced by your beloved BB device... or something another... now we all know you have a touch pro... not a thread goes by without you mentioning it. It is really strange behavior on your part...
    He was answering the question.
  16. #16  
    And Theog, why not just come out and say what you want to say? No one is holding you back. A BB? No and yes, there are threads that go by without me mentioning it. I am sure you can find one here and there.

    Also, is there a point to your point?

    Thank you, Darnell.

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Funny... I thought your 800 was replaced by your beloved BB device... or something another... now we all know you have a touch pro... not a thread goes by without you mentioning it. It is really strange behavior on your part...
  17. #17  
    Yes let's bring it back on topic.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Sprint always has enough stock on any phone for 9-12 months for insurance replacements.

    They're not dumb and realize people will suddenly "break" their phone in a vain attempt to get the latest. Put another way, up till recently they still had 700wx replacements available, mogul's are a aplenty and it's the reason why everyone's deductible is going up to $100 in April.
    they just replaced my old 700wx yesterday. if that says anything. sd card rom flash gone bad the day before i planed to buy the treo pro. this was not an attempt to get a newer device. just happened. seriously.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro

Posting Permissions