Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had a couple of small problems today that may or may not have been self induced. First, when I synced with my office computer (WinXP/Outlook 2k7), I got an error with the syncronization due to a file on the phone reporting an error. It was a file named repgo.dll or something like that. I had to power cycle the phone and restart activsync to finally get it to sync. It had synced previously with no problems.

The second bump was while I was out getting the case from the Sprint store, I was not able to retrieve my email, or send any text or send/receive any MMS messages. I was able to receive standard text messages, and the phone worked fine. What I think happened is that I accidentally hit update profile while I was at work, and since I don't get coverage in the building, I'm not sure what happened. But to correct the email/text problems, I hit update profile again, and then everything started working. Does anyone know exactly what the update profile feature is and what is used for?

BTW, the case that Sprint sells, the SEIDIO one is great. It is a two piece slider and goes on with no problems, and comes apart just as easily. One thing I like about it is the interior of the case has a cloth lining so you won't have the plastic of the phone rubbing against the plastic of the case. Its a soft cloth and is a nice feature. It is much easier to grip the phone since it is a rubberized exterior. Not as much as the 755p, but very comfortable feel.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Let's go back to the Treo 600/650/700 days on TC, where the first glitch was considered a horror, and people clamored for class action lawsuits against Palm for releasing such a horrible product. :-)

There are always bound to be some glitches...you have hardware, the chipset, the firmware, the software...lots of things to go wrong. (WinMo has gotten better, but still has a ways to go.)

I wish they would make it easy for custom ROM's. To me, that is where the truly stable devices are. (Ex. a stock HTC WinMo device sucks, but you put a custom ROM on it, and BAM!, it's top shelf.

I hope to see the same for Treo Pro, although that may take a while.
  3.    #3  
    I'm not too concerned about these little glitches. The Treo Pro is not a new device, having been out for almost a year. I'm only mentioning things to see it they were something that the GSM phones has experienced, or if they are unique to Sprint. So far I'm liking this phone (now if I could just turn off Threaded Messaging!!! )

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    ivhs try this:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Setting s\OEM]
    "SMSInboxThreadingDisabled"=dword:00000001
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Does anyone know exactly what the update profile feature is and what is used for?
    If you ever try to make a call and get a message saying something about your account cannot be found, hit Update Profile and your account should be properly associated with your device again. Meaning you'll be able to make calls and such again. This is something that you used to have to call Sprint CS to do if you had the problem. Now if you encounter the problem you can do it yourself.

And you probably see an Update PRL icon that you might be wondering about. Here's an explanation of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    ivhs try this:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Setting s\OEM]
    "SMSInboxThreadingDisabled"=dword:00000001
    That registry key doesn't exist...at least on the unlocked GSM Treo Pro.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    ahh that stinks. That's how we could toggle it when the Touch got it's 6.1 update, and it's on my Touch Pro too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    ahh that stinks. That's how we could toggle it when the Touch got it's 6.1 update, and it's on my Touch Pro too.
    It was a similar fix on the Moto Q9h. I don't mind the threaded SMS so it's no big deal for me.
    Yea I enjoy the threaded SMS. I really missed it when I switched from the 755p.
  10.    #10  
    I don't mind the threaded SMS ability. Where it gives me a problem is with automated texts I get from ESPN and other services. With ESPN I get sports updates for college ball, the pros as well as news. They all come across as one conversation, and if I get 4-5 at a time, then it becomes hard to read through them. Having them individually makes it much easier to read them. With the 755p (and the 800w I believe) you could toggle between threaded and non-threaded. Not so with this one it looks like.

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    If you ever try to make a call and get a message saying something about your account cannot be found, hit Update Profile and your account should be properly associated with your device again. Meaning you'll be able to make calls and such again. This is something that you used to have to call Sprint CS to do if you had the problem. Now if you encounter the problem you can do it yourself.

And you probably see an Update PRL icon that you might be wondering about. Here's an explanation of that.
    That was how I cured my not being able to send/recieve emails, and send text messages yesterday. I was just curious what this icon actually did, since I haven't been able to find anything out about it.

BTW, if you go to the Palm website under Treo Pro support, there is a .pdf version of the owner's manual. It has 480 pages in it. Too bad Sprint didn't include one with the phone, even an electronic one.

Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    That was how I cured my not being able to send/recieve emails, and send text messages yesterday. I was just curious what this icon actually did, since I haven't been able to find anything out about it.

BTW, if you go to the Palm website under Treo Pro support, there is a .pdf version of the owner's manual. It has 480 pages in it. Too bad Sprint didn't include one with the phone, even an electronic one.

The box is a little small for a 480 page manual, don't you think? The GSM version didn't come with one either. Outside of the clumsy "accordion" style expand/collapse navigation I think the Palm support site is pretty decent.
    Including a manual is a good idea, so someone can know how to use the device before they possibly mess something up if a newbie.

I was all for smaller boxes, but I think they're taking it a little too far.
    Including a manual is a good idea, so someone can know how to use the device before they possibly mess something up if a newbie.

There is the usual "quick start guide" included for the newbies. I haven't gotten a full manual with the last few phones I've had...and the full Moto manuals were pretty useless anyway.

The full Treo Pro PDF manual is incredibly detailed. I find it very useful.
  15. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    The GSM version has the full electronic manual and more within the Treo in the Programs>My Treo.

I maybe the only one but I find this more useful than having an external manual.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    Every device I've owned including my current Touch Pro came with a physical manual. But Ivhs72 said the Sprint Treo Pro does not even include an electronic copy of the manual. Come on, they could have at least included a soft copy.

I know the Treo Pro does a CD-less setup, but is the manual somewhere on it?
  17.    #17  

This is the first Sprint phone that I've had that didn't have a manual with it. The 700wx, the Centro, 755p, 800w all had them. I agree in cost cutting but this is going a little too far.

18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    The box is a little small for a 480 page manual, don't you think? The GSM version didn't come with one either. Outside of the clumsy "accordion" style expand/collapse navigation I think the Palm support site is pretty decent.
    They could always make a bigger box. As for the support site, I agree it's good but in order to use it you need a computer. Makes it hard to read the manual in bed or when you're on the bus or out in public.

19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    There is the usual "quick start guide" included for the newbies. I haven't gotten a full manual with the last few phones I've had...and the full Moto manuals were pretty useless anyway.

The full Treo Pro PDF manual is incredibly detailed. I find it very useful.
    That was my point, it is a good manual and should have been included. Every Palm phone I've owned had not only a printed manual, but it was on the CD that was included, as well as on the support site. With the Pro, it is only available on the support site. Loosing 2 out of 3 options is a bit much.

20.    #20  
    Every device I've owned including my current Touch Pro came with a physical manual. But Ivhs72 said the Sprint Treo Pro does not even include an electronic copy of the manual. Come on, they could have at least included a soft copy.

I know the Treo Pro does a CD-less setup, but is the manual somewhere on it?
    There is some information on the phone, but nowhere near as detailed as the one on the support site, or the one that will be on the Sprint site, I am sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast