Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Are you STP owners saying there isn't an online (mobile friendly) manual in your Treo Pro under Programs > My Treo > Support?

It is the complete manual in the Palm (pun intended) of your hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    They could always make a bigger box.
    It's an environmental issue.

Palm did extensive polling of customers and asked specific questions regarding the manual, training, etc (I remember as I took the poll). They decided that not many people were utilizing the 480p manual and it'd be (a) more cost effective and (b) better for the environment to do it this way instead

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Are you STP owners saying there isn't an online (mobile friendly) manual in your Treo Pro under Programs > My Treo > Support?

So if you get a new Treo Pro that has a dead battery, you have to wait till it's charged up enough to read the manual .

I think most users are tech savvy enough to manage, but newbies who need a book that explains "this is a stylus" might have a less smooth experience.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post

There is a user guide but only available online (ie, you need to have access to the internet and a data plan to use it). You can also search the Online Knowledge base but again it's online and not free unless you have a data plan. Pretty lame way to support a product, especially if one is a newbie.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    So if you get a new Treo Pro that has a dead battery, you have to wait till it's charged up enough to read the manual .

I think most users are tech savvy enough to manage, but newbies who need a book that explains "this is a stylus" might have a less smooth experience.
    Not only do you need to charge it, but you need online access to read it. Granted the documents will be sufficent to get most users up and running, but for a newbie, it may not help. Also, having to depend on a signal to get to it can be a downer. Where I work, I have to go outside to get a signal. This may be one reason why Sprint is insisting that it be sold with a data plan of some sort, having to rely on over the air technology for support.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Man this phone must be great if all we can complain about in the "First hiccups" thread is the lack of a manual for newbies, which none of us are since we're in the forums
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Man this phone must be great if all we can complain about in the "First hiccups" thread is the lack of a manual for newbies, which none of us are since we're in the forums
    Yea and none of them are complaining about battery life, which means it must be doing well in that regard.
    This is going to be a great phone. I can't wait until Monday or Tuesday. I'm glad the manual is online. It will be great to read while I wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Not only do you need to charge it, but you need online access to read it. Granted the documents will be sufficent to get most users up and running, but for a newbie, it may not help. Also, having to depend on a signal to get to it can be a downer. Where I work, I have to go outside to get a signal. This may be one reason why Sprint is insisting that it be sold with a data plan of some sort, having to rely on over the air technology for support.

Can't you download the pdf from your desktop and copy it to your treo pro?
    Or you could print it
    out.

Personally, I always end up misplacing the hardcopy manual, and having the pdf allows me to have it wherever I go.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Can't you download the pdf from your desktop and copy it to your treo pro?
    Or you could print it
    out.

Personally, I always end up misplacing the hardcopy manual, and having the pdf allows me to have it wherever I go.

The manual is 480 pages, kind of a long print. And somehow, I can't see reading a .pdf of that size on that small of a screen.

11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Yea and none of them are complaining about battery life, which means it must be doing well in that regard.
    I've been happy with it so far. I can get through a day without any problems, but then I've got 3 chargers. I do keep BT enabled so I can use it with my car phone and that doesn't seem to have much impact. The only issue I have right now is that it won't work with my Kenwood BT adaptor the way my old phone did, but that is limitation on the stereo side, not the phone side. My only other major gripe is the inability to disable threaded messaging. Outside of that, it's much better than the other Treos I've used. No random resets, no missed calls, no monkeying with files so I can use an SD card >4gb.

jag has the right reg edit.
    You just have to add the missing entries.

Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    That registry key doesn't exist...at least on the unlocked GSM Treo Pro.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12